Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 28. (Read 521248 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
July 11, 2016, 02:11:56 AM
Many as in many bitcoin holders are not that rich to get a decent amount of lumens i agree its the worst ever giveaway by lumens/stellar clams are way better.

What is the difference with Stellar's giveaway and Clam's distribution plan? They are only the same right?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
July 10, 2016, 10:31:15 PM
Many as in many bitcoin holders are not that rich to get a decent amount of lumens i agree its the worst ever giveaway by lumens/stellar clams are way better.
jed
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
Jed McCaleb
July 06, 2016, 11:33:13 AM
Storm_Guardian_N7:  Yeah I agree it would be great if it were easier. We are definitely open to suggestions about how to make it simpler.

HarryKPeters: But it isn't all going to SDF. Most of it is ging to people building things on Stellar: https://www.stellar.org/blog/build-challenge/

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 06, 2016, 10:56:52 AM

Great! I can't wait to claim my lumens as I have a pretty old Bitcoin address lying around with some coins in it (which lied under a paper wallet) As for XLM price, there hasn't been much effect in it but I think that soon it will gain traction if there is enough marketing and development. If were a dev, I would start by making a user friendly wallet (GUI) to attract non tech savvy people into Stellar cryptocurrencies. Also, a Stellar wallet for mobile devices wouldn't be such a bad idea at all.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
July 06, 2016, 09:31:40 AM
It's a nice gesture but it's not currently easy for people to 'claim' Lumens. Plenty of people want to claim but depending on which wallet software they use have to track down their addresses, figure out which wallet supports signatures, import into that wallet and then sign each one individually. It's cumbersome and not sure why it has to be 'that' cumbersome.

(Note: Some people can't even claim Lumens at all because of their wallet-type, ex. coinbase, circle, and other wallets that don't support signatures). I just can't help but feel there were more efficient ways to do this than this method which wants to target bitcoin holders specifically and that this was a way for the company to 'get' lumens, knowing that plenty of people wouldn't be able to claim by default giving it to stellar.

Also it doesn't worth it, it's something like 30 cents for every bitcoin, the majority of us don't even have one bitcoin, plus doesn't seem fair, an institution trying to help the 3rd world just giving more money to people who already have a lot of money.

Clams distribution was way better.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
July 06, 2016, 08:56:30 AM
It's a nice gesture but it's not currently easy for people to 'claim' Lumens. Plenty of people want to claim but depending on which wallet software they use have to track down their addresses, figure out which wallet supports signatures, import into that wallet and then sign each one individually. It's cumbersome and not sure why it has to be 'that' cumbersome.

(Note: Some people can't even claim Lumens at all because of their wallet-type, ex. coinbase, circle, and other wallets that don't support signatures). I just can't help but feel there were more efficient ways to do this than this method which wants to target bitcoin holders specifically and that this was a way for the company to 'get' lumens, knowing that plenty of people wouldn't be able to claim by default giving it to stellar.

In their defense they did announce it months ago.
But yes it was so wrong how they spread it. It would be better to
Total BTC amount claimed / Total Stellar Give Away

Instead of
Total BTC/Total Claim / Total Stellar Give Away

Now 90% of those 3 billion coins goes to... Them.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
July 06, 2016, 08:14:00 AM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The 4th industrial revolution!
July 05, 2016, 07:13:00 PM
stellar is already dead. this sharedrop will mark the end of its value

There's a difference between stellar being dead and the price of lumens being repeatedly hit with these types of giveaways. One of many goals is to get lumens in as many diverse hands as possible.

IMO lumens will somewhat follow the price of XRP's in the future even though the difference between each network's volume will be astronomical.

FYI, the creator of Stellar is using his own time, money and other resources trying to fix a problem in today's society, he could just surf every day the rest of his life, he doesn't have to work ever again, the value is in the network. If Stellar network can gain value by showing it can be efficient, reliable, consistent, and transparent, the value of lumens will hold value.

If you don't like it then don't claim or claim and sell it for whatever you want.

jed
Jed McCaleb
July 05, 2016, 05:33:16 PM
No I understand. Having to use facebook isn't ideal at all.

If you had bitcoins on either poloniex, btc38 or kraken then they will handle the claiming the lumens for you.

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
July 05, 2016, 04:42:32 PM
Yes, I meant to other companies, though if you released it publicly there would be little doubt that you haven't sold it, since who would buy something that is released publicly. By claiming that you destroyed it/will destroy it, it's still possible your keeping the data or sharing it selectively, for monetary compensation or perhaps favorable regulatory outcomes by sharing it with alphabet soup agencies. Sorry, don't mean to sound tin foily, just thinking things through while typing.

So, no way to participate without using a Facebook account?
jed
Jed McCaleb
July 05, 2016, 04:36:54 PM
 Voight-Kampff: What wallet are you using? you can also get help in our slack.stellar.org

jwinterm: You mean to other companies? Absolutely not. We aren't saving the data.

favdesu: yeah just like bitcoin I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2016, 03:25:05 PM
stellar is already dead. this sharedrop will mark the end of its value
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
July 05, 2016, 02:55:02 PM

Do you guys plan to make available the data that you accrue linking people's Facebook accounts to their Bitcoin addresses? It seems like this data might be valuable to some. Is there a way to do this without Facebook?
Activity: 169
July 05, 2016, 02:46:24 PM
Hi !

I want to claim my stellars with a bitcoin adress but I didn't find a way to sign messages with my ledger wallet. Do you know what should I do ?

Thanks
jed
Jed McCaleb
July 05, 2016, 10:44:35 AM
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
July 05, 2016, 10:37:15 AM
dang thi bich thuy: We explain here: https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens/ 
This 3B is the first round of the giveaway. We will do other rounds after this.
Is there an active claim link?
jed
Jed McCaleb
July 05, 2016, 10:08:11 AM
 dang thi bich thuy: We explain here: https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens/ 
This 3B is the first round of the giveaway. We will do other rounds after this.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
July 05, 2016, 03:57:58 AM
No that is the picture ripple fans like to paint but it just isn't true. I didn't and still don't think ripple will be viable long term so of course I wanted to sell my XRP.  The price of XRP doesn't really effect ripple the company since they raised money from VCs.

Serious market makers won't touch a currency that is under a significant threat of being overwhelmingly dumped. For a bridge currency like XRP this would suck. To me it seems like you wanted the protocol's native currency to be under a constant threat of a dump and by that hinder its use case. And lol at being a "fan" of any crypto team
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
July 05, 2016, 02:08:12 AM
3 billion represent 3% of the initial supply. When will they distribute the remaining 16% to BTC holders and 1% to XRP holders as promised in the mandate?
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
July 04, 2016, 08:07:27 PM
As far as ripple, I announced my intention to sell *before* I sold. This seemed like the most honorable thing to do. I could have sold without telling anyone and made way more money. Not sure what people would have preferred I did?
Lmfao, looks like you pretty obviously wanted the price of XRP to plummet since you were working on a rivalling protocol and possibly felt betrayed by the ripple team.

we would have prefered you kept it secret but then last minute announced on here that dump was immient Grin
Pages:
Jump to: