Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 32. (Read 521248 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
May 04, 2016, 12:13:41 PM
Big announcement in the Stellar ecosystem: Deloitte is using the Stellar network to power cross-border transactions!

Here's a (video) demo of Deloitte's Stellar software here.

Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The 4th industrial revolution!
April 28, 2016, 09:59:44 PM

Now that Jed and fam made their final agreement, Jed/Stellar/Joyce(background dancer) will never bring up ripple or xrp again.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
April 28, 2016, 11:33:24 AM
there's no way I'll ever give a 3rd party my private keys for whatever reason.

can't believe there is not a standalone wallet for PC, Linus or Mac..WTF!
This online wallet stuff is pureBS

How the f*** do these ladies in Africa use the currency?!? 

It's all bs, re: the non-profit aspect to save the world. Their first facebook giveaway is recorded on youtube being scammed by lots of people with thousands of accounts, and now they're trying to force people to link their facebook profiles to their public bitcoin addresses at the moment, probably so they can sell the data to someone. They're registered as a non-profit in Delaware, which basically means that they don't have to do anything special or account for what they're spending their revenue on. So yea, if you want to associate your facebook profile with a btc address, and help perpetuate their 100% premined scamcoin, by all means, sign up for the giveaway.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
April 28, 2016, 11:25:28 AM

can't believe there is not a standalone wallet for PC, Linus or Mac..WTF!
This online wallet stuff is pureBS

How the f*** do these ladies in Africa use the currency?!? 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
April 28, 2016, 10:56:17 AM
April 26, 2016, 05:03:12 PM

@Weltumschauung here's how you could create an account, buy lumens, and store them w/o handing over your private key:

1) Use the Account Creator tool to generate your public and private key. Save them somewhere safe, like a password vault.

2) Purchase lumens on an exchange and have the exchange send them to your public key.

3) From there, you can use the account viewer to send and receive lumens and check your balance.

The reason that you're seeing a focus on developers precisely because most people need apps/services/tools to interact with the protocol. We're focused on getting people to build localized tools to serve their own communities. We hope this encourages community ownership of the ecosystem, rather than a centralized ecosystem with Stellar.org at the center. Hope that makes sense.

Finally some clear instructions on how to setup my first Stellar account and get started. Thanks for sharing this. I have waited a long time for this. Hopefully, I would be able to invest into Stellar and join this exciting journey. The BTC-Lumen giveaway is awesome and definitely a great idea to gain more interest into XLM. I am watching this thread for more updates. Also, I have joined Slack to keep up to date with XLM's current development.  Cheesy

Awesome, see you around! Welcome to the Stellar community Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 26, 2016, 03:16:07 PM

@Weltumschauung here's how you could create an account, buy lumens, and store them w/o handing over your private key:

1) Use the Account Creator tool to generate your public and private key. Save them somewhere safe, like a password vault.

2) Purchase lumens on an exchange and have the exchange send them to your public key.

3) From there, you can use the account viewer to send and receive lumens and check your balance.

The reason that you're seeing a focus on developers precisely because most people need apps/services/tools to interact with the protocol. We're focused on getting people to build localized tools to serve their own communities. We hope this encourages community ownership of the ecosystem, rather than a centralized ecosystem with Stellar.org at the center. Hope that makes sense.

Finally some clear instructions on how to setup my first Stellar account and get started. Thanks for sharing this. I have waited a long time for this. Hopefully, I would be able to invest into Stellar and join this exciting journey. The BTC-Lumen giveaway is awesome and definitely a great idea to gain more interest into XLM. I am watching this thread for more updates. Also, I have joined Slack to keep up to date with XLM's current development.  Cheesy
Activity: 868
April 15, 2016, 06:24:55 PM
Worth putting money into this?  Why?
April 14, 2016, 06:12:20 PM
So I gather that no one here can, in a simple step-by-step manner, explain to a non-dev noob like me how to purchase and store XLM. Correct? Gotta know code? Can't find a single (safe) wallet out there. As someone mentioned earlier, Lobstr keeps your private key online. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Activity: 700
Merit: 520
April 14, 2016, 06:04:32 PM
So I gather that no one here can, in a simple step-by-step manner, explain to a non-dev noob like me how to purchase and store XLM. Correct? Gotta know code? Can't find a single (safe) wallet out there. As someone mentioned earlier, Lobstr keeps your private key online. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

just forget about this thing, its utterly irrelevant  anyway Wink

~CfA~
Activity: 6
April 14, 2016, 05:55:30 PM
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
April 12, 2016, 04:56:48 AM
Just a question. Is this the main STR forum at the moment or is there another one?

The main community space is slack.stellar.org (also mirrored on IRC at #stellar and #stellar-dev )

Would be great to see you there, ontopicplease Smiley
Now I understand why it's so quiet here.

Join stellar-public on Slack.
27 users online now of 1181 registered.

keep it down over there! Christ!
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
April 11, 2016, 07:37:20 AM
Just a question. Is this the main STR forum at the moment or is there another one?

The main community space is slack.stellar.org (also mirrored on IRC at #stellar and #stellar-dev )

Now I understand why it's so quiet here.
April 07, 2016, 12:20:40 PM

Activity: 778
April 07, 2016, 02:14:42 AM
April 06, 2016, 11:49:56 AM
I also got in touch with Lobstr to find out about their support - [email protected] is their support address. they say they're going to update the site with the info, too.
Activity: 2
April 04, 2016, 02:56:45 PM
Hi,

Honestly, neither: from our FAQ page, "The hope is that the currency itself will be mostly a behind-the-scenes currency."

Here's an example of how you can store lumens offline: As a personal project, Bartek (Stellar developer) built a prototype of a Go cold wallet, designed for Raspberry Pi. Please be sure to try transactions on the testnet first. https://github.com/bartekn/cold

If you'd like to talk through other cold storage questions, I'd highly recommend joining slack.stellar.org or asking in stellar-dev on IRÇ.

Perfect. Thanks a lot.
April 04, 2016, 02:17:34 PM

Is this coin (I know Stellar is more than a coin but my concern is about Lumens at the moment) aimed to be used for exchange between people or is it only a speculative toy for traders ?

Finally, is the secret key the only thing I need to store Lumens offline (cold wallet) ? It seems that official stellar account-viewer only asks you for this secret key to be able to send coins.

Thanks

Hi,

Honestly, neither: from our FAQ page, "The hope is that the currency itself will be mostly a behind-the-scenes currency."

Here's an example of how you can store lumens offline: As a personal project, Bartek (Stellar developer) built a prototype of a Go cold wallet, designed for Raspberry Pi. Please be sure to try transactions on the testnet first. https://github.com/bartekn/cold

If you'd like to talk through other cold storage questions, I'd highly recommend joining slack.stellar.org or asking in stellar-dev on IRÇ.
Pages:
Jump to: