Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 31. (Read 521248 times)

jed
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
Jed McCaleb
June 24, 2016, 07:03:27 AM
What do you mean? Do you mean if it is *not* needed to transfer money then it won't rise?
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
June 24, 2016, 06:53:56 AM
the problem with lumens is that if its needed just to transfer/change the money, there is no need for it to rise...
jed
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
Jed McCaleb
June 24, 2016, 06:47:42 AM
Not at all. We have a ton of integrations in progress:
An article about the integration of Stellar with Barclays and Deloitte: http://www.americanbanker.com/news/bank-technology/how-barclays-aims-to-bring-a-billion-unbanked-into-the-fold-1081591-1.html
We should have another really big announcement next month.
Activity: 553
Merit: 509
June 24, 2016, 02:01:38 AM
Project is RIP?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 11, 2016, 04:41:33 PM
This sounds familiar Cheesy 

Stellar Co-Founder Resigns As Executive Director
http://www.coindesk.com/stellar-co-founder-resigns-executive-director/

Joyce Kim said that she would be “passing on the torch” of executive director to her co-founder, Jed McCaleb, who co-founded Ripple and was the original owner of Tokyo-based bitcoin exchange Mt Gox.

Will there be a new ripple/stellar clone after the vacation perhaps....? 
Kim says she plans to take the summer off to “think, read, and reflect” on her next steps during an exploratory trip that will include visits to Ecuador, Sweden and Spain. She said expects to return by the end of this summer.

Kim concluded her post:

"I will return from my travels bursting with energy, ideas and likely a dinged up surfboard."

All of this looks very shady to me which makes me wonder what will be of Stellar during the next months. Still, I haven't invested into it yet, so I'm on the safe side. They may be planning to take down Stellar or either come up with a new fork in order to drive new investors into their little game. Let's see how this will turn out eventually.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
June 11, 2016, 07:10:38 AM
This sounds familiar Cheesy 

Stellar Co-Founder Resigns As Executive Director
http://www.coindesk.com/stellar-co-founder-resigns-executive-director/

Joyce Kim said that she would be “passing on the torch” of executive director to her co-founder, Jed McCaleb, who co-founded Ripple and was the original owner of Tokyo-based bitcoin exchange Mt Gox.

Will there be a new ripple/stellar clone after the vacation perhaps....? 
Kim says she plans to take the summer off to “think, read, and reflect” on her next steps during an exploratory trip that will include visits to Ecuador, Sweden and Spain. She said expects to return by the end of this summer.

Kim concluded her post:

"I will return from my travels bursting with energy, ideas and likely a dinged up surfboard."
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
June 10, 2016, 02:12:56 PM
Stellar Partnership with Deloitte

http://bankinnovation.net/2016/05/deloitte-taps-blockchain-startups-to-build-new-core-banking-system/

Deloitte: For those who don't know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited /dəˈlɔɪt ˈtuːʃ toʊˈmɑːtsuː/, commonly referred to as Deloitte, is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in New York City in the United States.[5]

Deloitte is one of the "Big Four" and the second largest professional services network in the world by revenue and the largest by the number of professionals. Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services with more than 225,400 professionals globally.[6] In FY 2015, earned a record $35.2 billion USD in revenues.[4]

As per reports in 2012, Deloitte had the largest number of clients amongst FTSE 250 companies in the UK[7] and in 2015, Deloitte currently has the highest market share in auditing among the top 500 companies in India.[8][9]

Deloitte has been ranked number one by market share in consulting by Gartner,[10] and for the fourth consecutive year, Kennedy Consulting Research and Advisory ranks Deloitte number one in both global consulting and management consulting based on aggregate revenue.[11] In 2016, Fortune magazine ranked Deloitte as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For[12] and Bloomberg Business has consistently named Deloitte as the best place to launch a career.[13]

The partnership with Stellar, a non-profit organization dedicated to facilitating cross-border payments, is part of a pilot initiated in Nigeria that aims to reduce the cost and the time of cross-border payments, Jed McCaleb, co-founder of Stellar, told Bank Innovation.

Deloitte is building an entirely new system, and Stellar is a payment rail. A big part of the cross border stuff is that there is a lot of friction between parties. But there shouldn’t be. Just like you are able to send an email from a Google domain to a Yahoo domain, we are aiming to do the same with payments. There’s a lot of stuff today out there utilizing this technology [blockchain] at various degrees of solidness. Some of it doesn’t work, some of it is solid. With this partnership, you can start using Stellar tomorrow.

Together with Stellar, Deloitte developed a mobile app, which can make cross-border payments “as easy as Venmo,” Piscini said. The solution reduces the cost of transfers by up to 40%, and completes the transaction in about five seconds, the company said. Here’s a quick look at the Stellar/Deloitte app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-X8ECvIik&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
May 22, 2016, 09:50:30 PM
Ideally the value in adoption/awareness will offset any "inflation." I put inflation in quotes because the total amount of lumens is transparent/static and so should be factored into any valuation.

Just to clarify, the total amount of lumens is transparent, but it isn't static.

The Stellar network has a built-in, fixed inflation mechanism. New lumens are added to the network at the rate of 1% each year. The network also collects a base fee for each operation in a transaction. The funds from base fees are added to the inflation pool

The fixed inflation rate and base fee are nominal; however, as anchors and integrators join the network, lumens may become more valuable. 

As a balancing measure for the ecosystem, anyone who holds lumens can vote on where the funds in this pool go. Each week, the protocol distributes these lumens to any account that gets over .05% of the votes from other accounts on the network.
Activity: 394
Merit: 100
May 22, 2016, 08:17:17 PM

I doubt that such a huge give away will bring anything then a major dump at the best.
Which is why I sold most of my STR for Bitshares.

Yeah me too. Bitshares looks far more advanced (and with better features) than STR. It has many things like a GUI wallet, a decentralized exchange, voting mechanism, assets and many more. A completely decentralized financial platform with blockchain technology. I have found myself BTS very useful, but low prices means that it has not gained enough interest or exposure to attract major investors.  Smiley

However, STR could be really cool if wasn't centralized (and premined) Maybe someday, it will be worth something after all.  Roll Eyes

Ideally the value in adoption/awareness will offset any "inflation." I put inflation in quotes because the total amount of lumens is transparent/static and so should be factored into any valuation.
legendary
May 22, 2016, 08:13:17 PM

I doubt that such a huge give away will bring anything then a major dump at the best.

Yeah me too. Bitshares looks far more advanced (and with better features) than STR. It has many things like a GUI wallet, a decentralized exchange, voting mechanism, assets and many more. A completely decentralized financial platform with blockchain technology. I have found myself BTS very useful, but low prices means that it has not gained enough interest or exposure to attract major investors.  Smiley

However, STR could be really cool if wasn't centralized (and premined) Maybe someday, it will be worth something after all.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
May 22, 2016, 04:13:40 PM

STR is also a premined centralised coin

Thanks for the information. I guess that STR is no different than Ripple, and thus it will be really difficult to see it become a big hit, unless devs prove otherwise. First bring on a user friendly wallet, and then we could see many new investors join in this crypto currency. Not everyone is tech savvy and having a wallet GUI will be a major advantage towards widespread adoption of STR. But, let's see how this will turn out to be. Maybe the giveaway will be a big success for Stellar.  Roll Eyes

legendary
May 21, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess that STR is no different than Ripple, and thus it will be really difficult to see it become a big hit, unless devs prove otherwise. First bring on a user friendly wallet, and then we could see many new investors join in this crypto currency. Not everyone is tech savvy and having a wallet GUI will be a major advantage towards widespread adoption of STR. But, let's see how this will turn out to be. Maybe the giveaway will be a big success for Stellar.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
May 19, 2016, 02:38:00 AM
This project is going nowhere.  And so is Ripple.

Yeah. As for Ripple, I have heard that it is centralized in which they control the supply, etc. I don't know if Stellar is the same, but if it does, it will be going nowhere. Many things needs to be implemented into Stellar like a GUI wallet, a mobile wallet (Android/iOS), and perhaps a decentralized exchange for it (like BTS has). Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

How do you premine something that that cannot be mined at any point? "Those gasoline powered horses with rubber hoofs are highly suspicious"
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
May 18, 2016, 08:19:04 PM
This project is going nowhere.  And so is Ripple.

Yeah. As for Ripple, I have heard that it is centralized in which they control the supply, etc. I don't know if Stellar is the same, but if it does, it will be going nowhere. Many things needs to be implemented into Stellar like a GUI wallet, a mobile wallet (Android/iOS), and perhaps a decentralized exchange for it (like BTS has). Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!
May 18, 2016, 06:27:44 PM

Yea but in 2 years when lumens and xrp increase in price you will say either you were joking or you bought them right before the increase. I'm pretty sure everyone knows your scumbag ways lucky331. Wink Huh
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
May 18, 2016, 06:24:51 PM

Sad to say, you may be right. The trouble with projects like Ripple and Stellar is that they're aimed at partners that we folks have little contact with. Wasn't Stellar's big brag about partnering with Stripe?

Yup.  Stripe funded the Stellar Foundation with 6M USD I think. 
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2016, 06:05:27 PM

Sad to say, you may be right. The trouble with projects like Ripple and Stellar is that they're aimed at partners that we folks have little contact with. Wasn't Stellar's big brag about partnering with Stripe?
legendary
May 18, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Yeah. As for Ripple, I have heard that it is centralized in which they control the supply, etc. I don't know if Stellar is the same, but if it does, it will be going nowhere. Many things needs to be implemented into Stellar like a GUI wallet, a mobile wallet (Android/iOS), and perhaps a decentralized exchange for it (like BTS has). Just my opinion  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
May 18, 2016, 12:35:06 AM
legendary
May 17, 2016, 07:40:32 PM

Just saw the roadmap for Stellar and I would say that big things are coming for it (if they manage to deliver as promised) As long as a GUI wallet for Stellar is on the list, it will really bring non-tech savvy users into it and thus increase adoption of the crypto currency. There may still be hope for Stellar in the upcoming months or years. Let's wait and see what happens  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: