Pages:
Author

Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists - page 32. (Read 80438 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
I don't think this is right.
I think the "chain themselves to trees" types of environmentalists do it as a way of easing their conscience.

I think this is probably correct.

Your "new religion" theory is daft though. Our environmental impact on the planet is beyond question at this point - it's easy to observe that (e.g.) forest and woodland areas are being rapidly reduced, and animal and plant species are going extinct at a faster rate than at any other time we know of since the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous period.

I don't doubt that there are people who feel very guilty about this as you say. I don't particularly (all these species only got to live in the first place because the Cretaceous extinction did happen, circle of life etc.) but it is happening.

More important than our "impact on the planet" are the negative effects of these changes on us. Deforestation has been shown to destabilise the water table for example, and increases the risk of floods. A diverse set of species in a region keeps land rich, fertile and beautiful. The global warming trend is causing sea levels to rise and the climates of coastal regions to change, again increasing the risk of flooding and making agriculture difficult. All these problems have nothing to do with a species-wide Mea Culpa, but with our long term prosperity.

I agree with everything here except the part i marked out. So generally we are in agreement on these points. Humans are damaging the planet very severely and I definitely care about that. I don't think the claims in my comment and the claims in your comment are contradictory though.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
I ve met some environmentalists, and got to know them personally. I really dont know from where all that prejudices come, but they really are cool people, sure there maybe some crazy people involved, but in general those are just people with deep love for what is right.

You simply need to read the first post and link to understand everyone's position. Loving our blue ball in space is good, not evil obviously.
legendary
The chief motivation for most serious environmentalists is actually maintaining or improving quality of life for humans, not preserving the environment for its own sake. And by 'serious' I mean the scientists and engineers working on solutions, and the lobbyists and politicians brave enough to implement them, not the people who chain themselves to trees/badgers.

I don't think this is right.

I think the "chain themselves to trees" types of environmentalists do it as a way of easing their conscience. They have been tricked into being part of a new religion. The environmental impact on the planet of being alive is the new original sin. So this causes them to to feel guilty about consuming resources, something that all living organisms do. Once they feel guilty about consuming resources, products with little green stickers on them can become the new analogue for "confession".

This comes from the fact that religion in general is so prolific because it exploits unmet emotional needs. So when you embrace secularism without addressing the unmet emotional needs behind religion it leaves a void. One thing that can rush in to fill this void is environmentalism because it has all of the same hallmarks as a traditional religion only in a secular context, namely original sin and forgiveness.

Now as for the "real" environmentalists, the scientists and lobbyists. Some of them probably fall into the former category, but others are just rational people who have found ways to capitalize on and profit from what was described in the previous paragraphs.
Activity: 4
Merit: 100
Not sure if this has been picked up (I'm a bastard for wading into threads without reading more than the first/last posts) but the chief motivation for most serious environmentalists is actually maintaining or improving quality of life for humans, not preserving the environment for its own sake - biodiversity, greenery and waste management have real, tangible benefits to our material wellbeing, not to mention our state of mind.

And by 'serious' I mean the scientists and engineers working on solutions, and the lobbyists and politicians brave enough to implement them, not the people who chain themselves to trees/badgers.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I ve met some environmentalists, and got to know them personally. I really dont know from where all that prejudices come, but they really are cool people, sure there maybe some crazy people involved, but in general those are just people with deep love for what is right.
legendary

Every time I hear someone say that feminism is about validating every choice a woman makes I have to fight back vomit.

Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works and takes care of herself? There’s no way those two things are the same. It’s hard for me to believe it’s not just verbally placating these people so they don’t get in trouble with the mommy bloggers.

Having kids and getting married are considered life milestones. We have baby showers and wedding parties as if it’s a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These aren’t accomplishments, they are actually super easy tasks, literally anyone can do them. They are the most common thing, ever, in the history of the world. They are, by definition, average. And here’s the thing, why on earth are we settling for average?

If women can do anything, why are we still content with applauding them for doing nothing?

I want to have a shower for a woman when she backpacks on her own through Asia, gets a promotion, or lands a dream job not when she stays inside the box and does the house and kids thing which is the path of least resistance. The dominate cultural voice will tell you these are things you can do with a husband and kids, but as I’ve written before, that’s a lie. It’s just not reality.

You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids.

I hear women talk about how “hard” it is to raise kids and manage a household all the time. I never hear men talk about this. It’s because women secretly like to talk about how hard managing a household is so they don’t have to explain their lack of real accomplishments. Men don’t care to “manage a household.” They aren’t conditioned to think stupid things like that are “important.”

Women will be equal with men when we stop demanding that it be considered equally important to do housework and real work. They are not equal. Doing laundry will never be as important as being a doctor or an engineer or building a business. This word play is holding us back.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/amy-glass/2014/01/i-look-down-on-young-women-with-husbands-and-kids-and-im-not-sorry/

I made a similar argument about birthday parties before. I was run out of town. Basically everyone was saying, "survival is very worthy of celebration".
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

In response to this video:
http://youtu.be/Il754DfwVJo
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

Every time I hear someone say that feminism is about validating every choice a woman makes I have to fight back vomit.

Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works and takes care of herself? There’s no way those two things are the same. It’s hard for me to believe it’s not just verbally placating these people so they don’t get in trouble with the mommy bloggers.

Having kids and getting married are considered life milestones. We have baby showers and wedding parties as if it’s a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These aren’t accomplishments, they are actually super easy tasks, literally anyone can do them. They are the most common thing, ever, in the history of the world. They are, by definition, average. And here’s the thing, why on earth are we settling for average?

If women can do anything, why are we still content with applauding them for doing nothing?

I want to have a shower for a woman when she backpacks on her own through Asia, gets a promotion, or lands a dream job not when she stays inside the box and does the house and kids thing which is the path of least resistance. The dominate cultural voice will tell you these are things you can do with a husband and kids, but as I’ve written before, that’s a lie. It’s just not reality.

You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids.

I hear women talk about how “hard” it is to raise kids and manage a household all the time. I never hear men talk about this. It’s because women secretly like to talk about how hard managing a household is so they don’t have to explain their lack of real accomplishments. Men don’t care to “manage a household.” They aren’t conditioned to think stupid things like that are “important.”

Women will be equal with men when we stop demanding that it be considered equally important to do housework and real work. They are not equal. Doing laundry will never be as important as being a doctor or an engineer or building a business. This word play is holding us back.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/amy-glass/2014/01/i-look-down-on-young-women-with-husbands-and-kids-and-im-not-sorry/
Say hi to the manufactured myth of Wendy Davis.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
I say we end women's suffrage and ban dihydrogen monoxide from being put into our water supplies. Bad stuff I say.
Well HELL YAH!

Cuz you know that women suffer with that 'women's suffrage' shit.

Nobody wants people suffering specially women.

And we need to stop putting that dihydrogen monoxide in their drinks too.  They'd be a lot happier then.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Fission or thorium might be even better for those purposes, and safer, and cleaner.  The technology is available for decades but who builds them?
The problem with those is that governments don't like them on account of the fact that you can't make nuclear weapons with the byproducts.

Fusion or thorium, right?  Fission is how cooking-grade reactors work.  But there's plenty of research on both, and US has enough weapons-grade stuff to depopulate the planet several times over -- no need to encroach on commercial nuke reactors.

Just for weirdness & curiosity factor, you might like this.
Yes fusion, thank you for correcting that.
And I'd agree, there is more than enough offensive and area-denial weapons at the command of nations, US and otherwise.
Nuclear is really the only "mass destructive" weapon in the arsenal in the sense of destroying mass to create energy...

i think this illuminati control bain and art fashion
this coz you not be you son or girl

if you be lesbis or homosecsual propoganda parades

be world life only 300 comitete

bilderberg club this masonic
make music industry also and how we grow in our life and how we die

This topic
i make some details about this review

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/illuminati-elite-the-committee-of-300-secrets-of-the-world-government-review-313487

i kill my 50 minute life for build this review what i know and analize 7 or 8 years
maybe some guys be interest this situation in our planet
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Fission or thorium might be even better for those purposes, and safer, and cleaner.  The technology is available for decades but who builds them?
The problem with those is that governments don't like them on account of the fact that you can't make nuclear weapons with the byproducts.

Fusion or thorium, right?  Fission is how cooking-grade reactors work.  But there's plenty of research on both, and US has enough weapons-grade stuff to depopulate the planet several times over -- no need to encroach on commercial nuke reactors.

Yes fusion, thank you for correcting that.
And I'd agree, there is more than enough offensive and area-denial weapons at the command of nations, US and otherwise.
Nuclear is really the only "mass destructive" weapon in the arsenal in the sense of destroying mass to create energy...
Activity: 210
Fission or thorium might be even better for those purposes, and safer, and cleaner.  The technology is available for decades but who builds them?

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
Everyone bored enough to watch a foreign movie with a possibly poor translation should watch this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Ended_This_Summer

There's a "small form factor reactor (well kinda)" playing a big role in the movie. Funny thing about these "reactors (more like batteries)" is how some people, being a precious metal hunters, tried to take those reactors apart, only to find their death. And that is just a human stupidity. Considering a possible malevolent intent, I'd say there's no safety whatsoever in that regard.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
I'm up for nuclear power, but nuclear cars? You've got to be crazy.

Atomic planes are a no-no because appropriate shielding for personnel would weigh too much, same goes to the cars, AND with the rate of annual car accidents - imaging tearing that shielding off and giving nearby people a tan Smiley. Medical personnel or police approaching the vehicle should be protected too and so on.

There was a fuss about radioactive batteries for consumer electronics, but it ended nowhere, as we are to far from that technology.

EDIT: yeah, and problem of availability to general public, imagine lots of accidental poisonings, and some grease bombs.

Yeh, i was joking on there, though only kind-a.  Seriously, though, i think nuclear power is the most promising energy source, and even without further development, the accident rate is acceptable.  The reasons you listed were pretty much the reasons those projects were scrapped (both projects were real -- no joke).  On the other hand, i'm sure small-scale reactors could be developed which are safe *enough*.

Fission or thorium might be even better for those purposes, and safer, and cleaner.  The technology is available for decades but who builds them?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
What I may know about water, aerosol particle formation, deep ocean heat, oxygen isotopes, upper stratosphere heat exchange, Naviar Stokes modeling of turbulence, mathematics of chaotic behavior, etc, isn't relevant one bit to the discussion.
Is pretty laughable, given that I've just spent about two years on a major effort, one sizable part of which has been studying radical environmentalism, it's leaders, methods, tactics, strategies, and it's successes and mistakes.  It's not the most interesting subject, one could pick better. 

"What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fu..."

yeah.
-The fuck is gorilla warfare?

Atomic planes are a no-no because appropriate shielding for personnel would weigh too much, same goes to the cars, AND with the rate of annual car accidents - imaging tearing that shielding off and giving nearby people a tan Smiley. Medical personnel or police approaching the vehicle should be protected too and so on.

There was a fuss about radioactive batteries for consumer electronics, but it ended nowhere, as we are to far from that technology.

EDIT: yeah, and problem of availability to general public, imagine lots of accidental poisonings, and some grease bombs.

Yeh, i was joking on there, though only kind-a.  Seriously, though, i think nuclear power is the most promising energy source, and even without further development, the accident rate is acceptable.  The reasons you listed were pretty much the reasons those projects were scrapped (both projects were real -- no joke).  On the other hand, i'm sure small-scale reactors could be developed which are safe *enough*.
legendary
Activity: 977
Merit: 1000
I say we end women's suffrage and ban dihydrogen monoxide from being put into our water supplies. Bad stuff I say.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

Edit:  As far as "which group's better at protecting the environment"?  Neither.  It's explodin' nuclear reactors.  After the whole Chernobyl thing, you know what the wildlife around there is like now?  Frickin' awesome.  I say we forget environmentalism & drain the cooling cores in all the nukes, fill the suckers up with heavy crude, and see what happens Smiley

OK, we'll use your example instead.  Nuclear reactors.  What do the environmentalist folks say about that?

"No nuclear reactor has ever been built anywhere in the world without substantial government subsidy, and no reactor ever will be built without substantial government funding in future."
http://www.thinkglobalgreen.org/NUCLEAR.html

I'm not qualified to say whether the reactors are "good" or "bad", just that but for government taxation+subsidy, they wouldn't be either.

Lol, nuclear power is best power!  Safe, clean, sustainable.  Don't believe the hype.

Atomic energy has been hounded by the oil industry and its liberal stooges in politics & the media since day one.  Promising projects such as the revolutionary Ford Nucleon -- stylish car powered by a portable fission reactor -- mysteriously lingered in dusty design studios.  The project was hounded by the press and inexplicably abandoned, its key personnel meeting with eyebrow-raising career impasses.  Resigned to the trash heap of history, this pinnacle of auto engineering was recently unearthed by an intrepid reporter.
Faqu, Liberals, you can't hide the Truth!

Ford Nucleon.  Identity of the whistleblower, seen here partially
obscured by the prototype, remains unknown Angry

Nothing lay outside of Liberal-leaning Oil Industry's greedy grasp -- not even our once-mighty military. This daring NB-36H Atomic Bomber project was scuttled in its nascent stages, along with its Soviet counterpart.  

Eco-Friendly NB-36H
Note lack of chemtrails.
Pages:
Jump to: