Pages:
Author

Topic: Support OpenBazaar!!! - page 3. (Read 10016 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
November 14, 2014, 03:03:50 PM
Is OpenBazzar going to be completely without fees or will a small amount be distributed to the people who host or run it similarly like the bitcoin miners get a share?

No fees, besides any BTC miner fee or arbitration fee if there is a dispute.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
November 14, 2014, 02:05:18 PM
Is OpenBazzar going to be completely without fees or will a small amount be distributed to the people who host or run it similarly like the bitcoin miners get a share?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 14, 2014, 01:14:08 PM
OpenBazaar shares would ruin the whole point of it being open source and decentralised, if you want shares then get the OpenBazaar code and start your own company.

That's my thoughts on the matter

I'm sure people will do this. People are always greedy and will want to make money from this great idea. Hopefully the market will dictate which way these kind of marketplaces will go and how they will develop without centralised entities or people taking their cut.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
November 14, 2014, 10:04:09 AM
Well I'm not too sure how keen I am on the concept of "proof of burn" (...ing Bitcoins) for every store owner, repeatedly for the life of the Open Bazaar existence.

The creation of an OB token of some sort which costs money, would enable vendors to show good faith by spending that money to authenticate their store, without a constant, ever-burning destruction of Bitcoins.

You dont have to allow it to be traded. 

-B-

I too am thinking about that one.

Couldn't the same thing be accomplished by sending a transaction to Sean's Outpost or some other charity?
The main advantage of Proof of Burn is that, the value gets lost from bitcoin and gets added to the new token. It's also transparent.
And if you give it to sean's outpost, the bitcoin will return to the market place. So, only the value exchanges the hands, there is no money backing the token.

Although i do not wholeheartedly agree with Proof of Burn. We could lock bitcoin up.....
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 13, 2014, 07:54:13 PM
Or further dev/security/maintenance?
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
November 13, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
Well I'm not too sure how keen I am on the concept of "proof of burn" (...ing Bitcoins) for every store owner, repeatedly for the life of the Open Bazaar existence.

The creation of an OB token of some sort which costs money, would enable vendors to show good faith by spending that money to authenticate their store, without a constant, ever-burning destruction of Bitcoins.

-B-

I too am thinking about that one.

Couldn't the same thing be accomplished by sending a transaction to Sean's Outpost or some other charity?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
November 13, 2014, 06:55:40 PM

-B-
November 13, 2014, 01:22:41 PM
OpenBazaar shares would ruin the whole point of it being open source and decentralised, if you want shares then get the OpenBazaar code and start your own company.

That's my thoughts on the matter
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2014, 01:20:22 PM
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
November 13, 2014, 01:09:16 PM
I thought there was a desire not to have shares?

I've got a feeling OpenBazaar wont be the first or last decentralised market around. Loads of people will try create their own versions and I'm sure there will be a few to "invest " in, but I wouldn't bother.
November 13, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Please verify any rumors with trusted sources and not troll accounts with one post:

https://openbazaar.org/
https://blog.openbazaar.org/
https://twitter.com/openbazaar
November 13, 2014, 12:35:07 PM
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 13, 2014, 12:33:27 PM
Why couldn't one buy shares in this? Such as freemarket did. Would have been win win

^coming soon...  Cool
November 13, 2014, 11:45:51 AM
Yes, like with P2Pool, I have always preferred to stick with Linux for this very same reason.  I will be implementing a Linux node behind a fairly robust firewall I designed a while back.  I wonder if I can route the node through tor and still be an effective node? 

Does anyone think the latest Dark Web Down incident is any indication of a flaw in tor?  I know there was some speculation on this a long time ago, given the fedly roots of the tor project. 

We ought not forget it was the feds who created the internet to begin with, so the only thing we can do to outpace them is outinnovate them.  To the drawing boards!
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 13, 2014, 04:02:00 AM
I have downloaded it for windows,but it require me to install another program
why is this happening?

Yes, install http://www.gpg4win.org/download.html first.

To answer the "why", OB uses gpg4win to generate public and private keys. With linux you usually have those tools allready and it makes no sense to include this into OB.

Its the same tool one would use to encrypt mails.
Activity: 155
November 13, 2014, 02:31:15 AM
How is this name change any lamer than the play on "black market" for dark market? 

Anyway back to the big people table...

What are the hardware requirements for running a node?  I haven't found anywhere that mentions it (admittedly I haven't looked to much, just starting to look into OB).  I am currently running a P2Pool node for the bitcoin network and have room for another node for testing/dev. 

Looking forward to working with you guys Smiley

The change from Dark Market to Open Bazaar is exactly that - moving from pimple-faced teen table to big people table Smiley

I suggest checking out the IRC Channel for OpenBazaar if you have questions for the devs / founders.  Theyre on freenode - #openbazaar

-B-
I would say that OB is much more complex then most dark markets due to it's decentralized nature. People will need to fend for themselves to be able to protect themselves from scams and may not be able to check for potential scams prior to participating in a transaction
November 13, 2014, 01:11:51 AM
I will head there directly and check it out thanks!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
November 13, 2014, 12:46:41 AM
How is this name change any lamer than the play on "black market" for dark market? 

What are the hardware requirements for running a node?  I haven't found anywhere that mentions it (admittedly I haven't looked to much, just starting to look into OB).  I am currently running a P2Pool node for the bitcoin network and have room for another node for testing/dev. 

The change from Dark Market to Open Bazaar is exactly that - moving from pimple-faced teen table to big people table Smiley

I suggest checking out the IRC Channel for OpenBazaar if you have questions for the devs / founders.  Theyre on freenode - #openbazaar

-B-
November 13, 2014, 12:45:46 AM
What are the hardware requirements for running a node? 

All users are nodes, the hardware requirements are too insignificant to even mention.
November 13, 2014, 12:19:37 AM
They should have kept the original name Dark Market. Changing the name to appease oppressive governments is weak.. Undecided

I dont agree with the name change as well, but I have to say that it would really make the entire development process only the more controversial than it has to be, which would impede development, and therefore, be less beneficial for the rest of us. Sad

DarkMarket sounded so cool.....

Pages:
Jump to: