Pages:
Author

Topic: Support OpenBazaar!!! - page 8. (Read 10016 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
November 07, 2014, 06:26:12 AM
OpenBazaar is cool but is not good enough.

Why? Do you mind giving any reasons for this statement?

(Just heard of OpenBazaar - I am curious, even if only from a technical standpoint)

The concept is amazing.  The exact implementation right now is lacking a lot. 

That is just a matter of code though, so in the future it might be as clean as Ebay or Amazon (in appearance but not merchandise)

How long that takes is the difficult thing to know. I think it is a good year or two away from being a serious player.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2014, 06:22:56 AM
I am waiting to the windows release
I have been watching the project and I am looking forward to testing it!

windows in a day or so.
This release is way more stable than last month's release too Smiley

! Really?! I'll put my Jewellery up on Open Bazaar if that's the case! Been waiting for the windows release for awhile now!
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
November 07, 2014, 06:20:17 AM
OpenBazaar is cool but is not good enough.

Why? Do you mind giving any reasons for this statement?

(Just heard of OpenBazaar - I am curious, even if only from a technical standpoint)
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
November 07, 2014, 12:35:20 AM
They should have kept the original name Dark Market. Changing the name to appease oppressive governments is weak.. Undecided

I dont agree with the name change as well, but I have to say that it would really make the entire development process only the more controversial than it has to be, which would impede development, and therefore, be less beneficial for the rest of us. Sad

DarkMarket sounded so cool.....

So if you don't agree, can't you just take the code and create a new implementation of it and call it whatever you want? My understanding was that is open source. That's one of the most exciting things imo. I'm imagining hundreds of these decentralized markets with some selling strictly legal goods and others selling anything. They'll also be adapted to accept many different alt-coins and each will evolve in it's own way. I'm also thinking when we get some real, proven anonymous coins we're going to see some 100x gains for early adopters of them!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 07, 2014, 12:29:02 AM

That's not how it's going to work. There will be a reputation system combined with an optional decentralized escrow system using multi-sig.

Thanks was wondering about it
So its possible to have a lot of 0 rep accounts but they will just get scam ratings more less like the forum
After a while there will be trusted users, which will be used for transactions and dealings.
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
November 07, 2014, 12:27:18 AM
I was waiting for the drug threads to open
Since for some reason or other no one cough decided to post any press articles on it till I checked my wired feed and was like Oh decent Press news.

Don't know much about Open Bazzar but read some wired comment guess I'll go with this opinion

Flipp http://www.wired.com/2014/11/dark-web-seizures/

While OpenBazaar project indeed seems to be something great, and it really is.. the problem is that it can easily be destroyed by a single individual who with some hidden motive decides to screw it up.

Imagine if I for some reason don't like the OB project and I wish to open something similar and proft from it.

Let's say I have 10000 $ at disposal. I can simply make hundreds of accounts and "fuck" people over with Nash equilibrium. How? Well since both parties are forced to put some amount of money in a special account and in case something goes wrong both lose the money, I can simply "invest" my $10k and screw hundred of individuals over by screwing the deal on purpose. Since hundreds of individuals will lose both their products and safety money, they will be pissed off and sooner or later people won't trust this kind of sites.

That's not how it's going to work. There will be a reputation system combined with an optional decentralized escrow system using multi-sig.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 07, 2014, 12:22:54 AM
I was waiting for the drug threads to open
Since for some reason or other no one put any press articles on it on the forums (did just now) then checked my wired feed and was like oh this is Bitcoin news.

As I do not know much about Open Bazzar I read some wired comment guess and I'll go with this opinion

Flipp http://www.wired.com/2014/11/dark-web-seizures/

While OpenBazaar project indeed seems to be something great, and it really is.. the problem is that it can easily be destroyed by a single individual who with some hidden motive decides to screw it up.

Imagine if I for some reason don't like the OB project and I wish to open something similar and proft from it.

Let's say I have 10000 $ at disposal. I can simply make hundreds of accounts and "fuck" people over with Nash equilibrium. How? Well since both parties are forced to put some amount of money in a special account and in case something goes wrong both lose the money, I can simply "invest" my $10k and screw hundred of individuals over by screwing the deal on purpose. Since hundreds of individuals will lose both their products and safety money, they will be pissed off and sooner or later people won't trust this kind of sites.
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
November 07, 2014, 12:17:47 AM
OpenBazaar is one of the most exciting project around. Can't wait to use it big time.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
November 06, 2014, 11:31:53 PM
Awaiting Windows release. Tried running in VirtualPlayer with Ubuntu with port forwarding, etc. but could never connect to any merchants.
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
November 06, 2014, 11:23:25 PM

windows in a day or so.
This release is way more stable than last month's release too Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
November 06, 2014, 11:16:37 PM
They should have kept the original name Dark Market. Changing the name to appease oppressive governments is weak.. Undecided
DarkMarket could be mistaken as DarkCoin's supposed decentralized market baked into the client (maybe it's out by now), which I think they called OneMarket.

I was able to meet someone from the OpenBazaar team, and they're pretty awesome. It's FLOSS, so if someone'd like, they can go right ahead, take the current source and fork it, even incorporate for-profit mechanisms. It's really not a business -- it's not something where there's this formal structure of people who're always going to dictate how people use the fruits of their labor, and that's a pretty damn cool and generous venture. Super-pleased with its progress and wish I had something meaningful to contribute.
Activity: 306
November 06, 2014, 11:11:20 PM
Why couldn't one buy shares in this? Such as freemarket did. Would have been win win
OpenBrazaar is actually going to be 100% decentralized so there will be no central profits, meaning that there will be no shares to sell.

If this is going to be a good idea is something to be seen
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 06, 2014, 11:09:56 PM

I dont agree with the name change as well, but I have to say that it would really make the entire development process only the more controversial than it has to be, which would impede development, and therefore, be less beneficial for the rest of us. Sad

DarkMarket sounded so cool.....
Activity: 835
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
November 06, 2014, 11:05:21 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 06, 2014, 06:35:19 PM
Why couldn't one buy shares in this? Such as freemarket did. Would have been win win

This is an open source project where there is no central company or controlling group. Selling shares in a company would completely undermine the project and add unnecessary attack vectors.  

Yes - and that's why it's beautiful.

ps. looking into the OSX release
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
November 06, 2014, 06:31:20 PM

This is an open source project where there is no central company or controlling group. Selling shares in a company would completely undermine the project and add unnecessary attack vectors.  
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
November 06, 2014, 06:30:59 PM
With the takedown of free, albeit hidden, marketplaces which promote voluntary participation, free market competition and quality products and services by men in uniform vested with the "authority" to enact arbitrary "laws" passed down by corrupt, outdated and obsolete goverments, it is the time for us to give our full support to the establishment and development of decentralized marketplaces.

(That sounds so cryptoanarchist that I am creeping myself out.  Cheesy )

But seriously, time for us to really take serious time, effort and funding to help OpenBazaar be successful.

You can contribute to the code by going to their GitHub page:

https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar

You can Help fund their Tip4Commit:

http://tip4commit.com/projects/728

And you can set up your own OB node using the steps from the wiki! :

https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-beta-1-0-tutorial/

Hope you guys have fun shopping and may all your stores be successful!!!

^ _ ^

How many people enjoy the opportunity to commit at https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar and who are they ?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 06, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Yep - me too.

I think it could be a game changer.

There'll be bumps in the road.

But I do believe it will happen.

Testify!!!

Hey, I'd love to - and given a Windows or OSX client I will definitely be putting up some stuff to sell - and browsing stuff to buy - and telling everyone I know about it. Trust me on that one.

But TBH I'm not such a "techy" that I can compile dependencies etc on linux  Sad

I am Jo Average.

I will let you know when you have a winner  Cheesy

The Ubuntu/OSX build is actually up for beta testing!!!

https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar/wiki/Build-Instructions

And just bear with it for a little more, once beta-3 is out, the windows client will released, including a more intuitive user interface and overall easier time of using the platform
Activity: 490
November 06, 2014, 06:27:33 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 06, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

Yep - me too.

I think it could be a game changer.

There'll be bumps in the road.

But I do believe it will happen.

Testify!!!

Hey, I'd love to - and given a Windows or OSX client I will definitely be putting up some stuff to sell - and browsing stuff to buy - and telling everyone I know about it. Trust me on that one.

But TBH I'm not such a "techy" that I can compile dependencies etc on linux  Sad

I am Jo Average.

I will let you know when you have a winner  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: