Pages:
Author

Topic: ✅ SwC Poker ♣️ BITCOIN POKER ♣️ Hold'em✅ PLO✅ Mixed✅ MTT✅ ♣️ BBJ🌟 ♣️ BIG BTC🏆 - page 74. (Read 87092 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
So, yesterday I participated in the BIG BTC Satellite[1 Seat GTD] with 95.00+5.00 buy-in. First of I want to bring to notice that it was for sure an EV+ game because the prize, March BIG BTC Ticket worth 10,000 chips(1,000,000 satoshis) was much greater than the total price of all the tickets for tournament combined. There were 20 participants and thus they paid 2,000 chips(200,000 stas) all together. Secondly, although I didn't win the ticket, it was one of the funniest games I've played.

My start wasn't that good, and some time later I ended up on the last place among the remaining participants:

But then luck started being more on my side, and some time later I ended up among 5 remaining players:

At this point some interesting stuff had started happening. The player with the biggest amount of chips, MrBug, said, "I'll buy-out all of you". "What's the price?", the other player, with the second amount of chips, SinisterKid, asked. "500", MrBug replied. (Remember that buy-in was 100, so it seemed a good offer). "Nah", SinisterKid replied. I kept quiet because considering my amount of chips, my voice wasn't decisive anyway. "I understand", MrBug said, and the game continued. "1000", MrBug offered a couple of minutes later. "No, lets' just play, were the replies. "I understand", MrBug said again. And then, when 4 players left, "1250". "No, c'mon, man, let's just play the game". "I understand", said MrBug for the third time. "Good luck all!"

Fast forward to the final battle, where I was playing head-to-head with the Tricky Seal SinisterKid,

which was very flattering to me because I'm still just a New Seal.

Needless to say I lost to this great player and finished on the second place

but the game was fun overall, and I'm glad I took part in this fun event.

Activity: 171
Merit: 17
Hey.

I want to bring to attention an issue that is fairly close to my heart as I have to (ex-)close friends who suffer from gambling addiction. So here I go:

There is literally no mention of problem gambling on your site or really anywhere and I feel absolutely zero measures are taken to prevent players on your site from literally ruining their lives - and I think it's irresponsible. Now, I gamble myself (and win at it), so I'm arguing against my own interest here, I do understand this. But I want to play and win against players who are in control of their mental state at the least and ideally have fun and only play with money they're comfortably losing. And I understand that it sometimes is not easy to differentiate between problem gamblers and people who are just temporarily tilting. But on your site, you are in the rather unique position where you get more insight into players' minds via the chat box. And without naming names, there are some extremely clear cut cases of gambling addicts and other mental issues that would get these players banned on every other (regulated) site I have the advantage of playing on as a non-US person.

I have seen people say they want to commit suicide because of their losses on the site, people genuinely and straight up confessing that they are gambling addicts and wish they could stop and people genuinely complaining they aren't able to buy food because of gambling losses. (I can provide screenshots for each if needed).

Now, I have brought these issues up in chat multiple times and got the response that people can self-exclude if they so wish. But as you all know, gambling addiction clouds your mind as much as drug use does. These people are not of clear mind and unable to make rational decisions.

Because of this, in any regulated market, the site takes some kind of responsibility to protect the players on their site. I know libertarian views are big on this site, and I agree in large parts - but in this case, it's just the moral thing to do.

Therefore, here are my suggestions:

- Please add a "problem gambling" section to your site, there are many templates for this on the internet. This is the absolute minimum you can and should do - sometimes this alone helps for these people if they have a small window of clarity.

- Inform yourself about prohibitive measures that can be taken. https://scholar.google.de/scholar?q=Problem+Gambling+protection&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart Here are some studies on it, this one I can especially recommend: https://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=980572465991403;res=IELFSC

- Engage with these clear cut cases privately and spend some time to advise them. You have the data to show them a clear picture of their habitual, compulsive gambling, tell them bluntly and try to convince them to get help.

- And if this doesn't help, exclude them from playing on your site. I know this option is limited because people can just open new accounts, but this does not mean that you can or should completely waive your responsibilities when it comes to this issue.

I know that excluding players from your site may seem like a bad business model. But when you look at the larger picture, I actually think it isn't. The fact that online poker is banned in the US is largely to the fact that it is unregulated. Issues like these give anti-online poker factions so much ammunition that could easily be prevented.

I hope I was able to somewhat change your current positions and apology for the lengthy post.

Have a great day.
Activity: 816
Merit: 140
Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk
SwC policy on HUD programs:
  • 😴🖐 SwC does not comment on solutions to setting up HUDs
  • 😋👉 SwC does not police HUD usage

You can do it, but SwC doesn't help.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Awesome!  Yes I have my swc hands tracked through pokerstars and it imports the hands.  I won't show a profit or anything though.  I guess because it is chips and not usd
I haven't checked yet but is SWC's hand histories formatted in a way that they can be converted into something that's easier to read (with suit icons and stuff) when you post a hand in a forum like 2+2 or maybe even here at BCT?

I think that's one think to look into...

They're in PokerStars format, so it should work.

With this converter I just had to replace "SwC Poker Hand" in the first line of the HH with "PokerStars Hand" to make it work.

Before:

SwC Poker Hand #7750007:  Hold'em No Limit (25/50) - 2019/03/15 2:38:58 UTC

After:

PokerStars Hand #7750007:  Hold'em No Limit (25/50) - 2019/03/15 2:38:58 UTC

And this is the output in 2+2 format:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $50.00 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($3,402.59)
Hero (SB) ($5,459.38)
BB ($5,283.85)
UTG ($1,847.83)
UTG+1 ($4,236.21)
MP1 ($18,342.72)
MP2 ($7,779.52)
CO ($3,263.83)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 6
UTG raises to $100, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $250, 3 folds, BB calls $200, UTG raises to $400, MP2 calls $150, BB calls $150

Flop: ($1,225) 3, 9, 10 (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets $597.19, 1 fold, UTG calls $597.19

Turn: ($2,419.38) J (2 players)
UTG checks, MP2 bets $6 (All-In), UTG calls $850.64 (All-In)

River: ($3,276.02) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $3,276.02 | Rake: $103.01

Results below: [spoiler]
UTG had K, A (straight, Ace high).
MP2 had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
Outcome: UTG won $4,017.65[/spoiler]
Anyway this could be imported into pokertracker 4?  I was wondering if anyone knew?

Yes, you can import cashgame NLHE hands into pokertracker with a couple quick tweaks. It will shows as playmoney, but it works, even the EV line.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I haven't checked yet but is SWC's hand histories formatted in a way that they can be converted into something that's easier to read (with suit icons and stuff) when you post a hand in a forum like 2+2 or maybe even here at BCT?

With this converter I just had to replace "SwC Poker Hand" in the first line of the HH with "PokerStars Hand" to make it work.

Before:

After:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $50.00 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($3,402.59)
Hero (SB) ($5,459.38)
BB ($5,283.85)
UTG ($1,847.83)
UTG+1 ($4,236.21)
MP1 ($18,342.72)
MP2 ($7,779.52)
CO ($3,263.83)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/spade.gif, 6http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif
UTG raises to $100, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $250, 3 folds, BB calls $200, UTG raises to $400, MP2 calls $150, BB calls $150

Flop: ($1,225) 3http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif, 9http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/heart.gif, 10http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif (3 players)

Turn: ($2,419.38) Jhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/club.gif (2 players)

River: ($3,276.02) Qhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif (2 players, 2 all-in)

UTG had Khttp://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/club.gif, Ahttp://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/club.gif (straight, Ace high).
MP2 had Jhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif, Jhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/heart.gif (three of a kind, Jacks).
Anyway this could be imported into pokertracker 4?  I was wondering if anyone knew?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
^  Cool.  That could come in handy if some people on here get bitten by the poker bug.  And I hope we could form a little community of poker players that's outside the whole 2+2 crowd.  I just wanna have pure fun with the game.

Edit:  Is the site slow for anybody else?  Like seriously...
Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Before:

After:

Button ($3,402.59)
Hero (SB) ($5,459.38)
BB ($5,283.85)
UTG ($1,847.83)
UTG+1 ($4,236.21)
MP1 ($18,342.72)
MP2 ($7,779.52)
CO ($3,263.83)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 6

Flop: ($1,225) 3, 9, 10 (3 players)

Turn: ($2,419.38) J (2 players)

River: ($3,276.02) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

UTG had K, A (straight, Ace high).
MP2 had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
legendary

My absolute dream would be a 9-game mix consisting of NLHE/Irish/Shortdeck, PLO/BigO/Courchevel, PL Baducey/Badacey/NL27SD. The action this game would create...

NL27SD is on the roadmap to bring back. Variety of games is a feature SwC is known for and we plan to build out the selection of games.
Regarding krillroll access, do you consider lowering the threshold from the current [500+ Krill]?

The Krill program will get more interesting as the site grows. SwC will roll out a full schedule of krillrolls in the future that will include 50+ krill requirements.

Good to hear. Also, the Big Game Mix is great, full table is running right now. I was a little disappointed to see only 3 games in the mix (NLHE, PLO and BigO), but I guess it's better to start safe with the more popular variants. SWC's greatest strength is all the different variants it offers, I hope that you expand the mixed game offerings with larger mixes (Shortdeck, which will be more popular if it is changed to Triton Rules (Straight > Trips), PL Draw games, Courchevel and Irish!).

My absolute dream would be a 9-game mix consisting of NLHE/Irish/Shortdeck, PLO/BigO/Courchevel, PL Baducey/Badacey/NL27SD. The action this game would create...
Regarding krillroll access, do you consider lowering the threshold from the current [500+ Krill]?

The Krill program will get more interesting as the site grows. SwC will roll out a full schedule of krillrolls in the future that will include 50+ krill requirements.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
SwC looked closely at Krill generation and designed the new site so we can easily adjust the Krill generation rate. Internal discussion about a promotion like "Triple Krill April" that would award all krill at 3 times the current rate for the entire month. A promotion like that could offer new players the chance to quickly acquire enough krill to unlock chat color, avatar, and krillroll access.

I hope you will decide in favor of the "Triple Krill April" promotion. April is not far off , so it's a great news for all players on the site.

^  My guess:  NLHE, PLO, Short Deck, and prolly Omaha NL/PL Hi/Lo...?

But I'd suggest just having a mix between NLHE and PLO.

Anyway what's the rake cap in chips?  10?  I was playing HU 200nl and went all in and got 390 chips back.  Isn't 10 in rake in chips a tad high?

SwC's rake tables are posted:
https://swcpoker.eu/house-rules#charge-rake

200nl is the lowest limit that we rake because everything lower is no-rake microstakes. We will look at adjustments for the entire rake table at regular intervals, so we will check this next time we discuss internally.
legendary
^  My guess:  NLHE, PLO, Short Deck, and prolly Omaha NL/PL Hi/Lo...?

But I'd suggest just having a mix between NLHE and PLO.

Anyway what's the rake cap in chips?  10?  I was playing HU 200nl and went all in and got 390 chips back.  Isn't 10 in rake in chips a tad high?
SwC looked closely at Krill generation and designed the new site so we can easily adjust the Krill generation rate. Internal discussion about a promotion like "Triple Krill April" that would award all krill at 3 times the current rate for the entire month. A promotion like that could offer new players the chance to quickly acquire enough krill to unlock chat color, avatar, and krillroll access.

Can you please give us a sneak peak of what will be in the next update? Pretty please? Will there be (Progressive) KOs? More tournaments? Is any new variant coming (back)? Maybe Big Game Mix? Any info would be appreciated.

Currently there is internal discussion about Big Game Mix.

Can you please give us a sneak peak of what will be in the next update? Pretty please? Will there be (Progressive) KOs? More tournaments? Is any new variant coming (back)? Maybe Big Game Mix? Any info would be appreciated.
But I've never seen anything, regarding krillrolls, other than [500+ Krill] ones.

SwC uses the 500+ Krill limit as a good indicator if someone has been on the site and really played the game. Krill used to be easier to earn, so it seems time to examine that number again.
~

That would be great because it's really not that easy to earn Krill nowadays (unfortunately I had no chance to play on the older version of the site so can't really compare the two). And it looks like it's hard not only for me. For example, yesterday only 23 players participated in the [500+ Krill] freeroll.

I just played a cash game with 1.00/2.00 stakes for around 20 minutes and have earned less than 1 Krill for that. Smiley

Not to discourage you, it's great that you're playing, but just for perspective: On the old software, the lowest stakes were what is now 10/20 (roughly NL$20 at the time) and even there you would barely get any krill.
Pages:
Jump to: