Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1625. (Read 3049503 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 500
September 22, 2013, 02:09:42 PM
8 more days till October is here Smiley I'm sitting next to my mailbox Smiley

Could be a long long wait Wink

Hahah nice one!
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
September 22, 2013, 02:06:52 PM

Could be a long long wait Wink

Activity: 552
September 22, 2013, 02:03:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
September 22, 2013, 01:55:20 PM
I think he means he is flying home (batcave) in anticipation of receiving them.

thanks, now it makes sense Tongue
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 22, 2013, 01:54:45 PM
I think he means he is flying home (batcave) in anticipation of receiving them.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
September 22, 2013, 01:49:23 PM
I have a flight scheduled Friday, to meet/beat the miners to the Batcave...  and I'm still confident they will ship on-time. (Early order num 5x) I actually cancelled a later flight(30th), to get one for the 27th...  and I still think that was the right decision.

wow you're going to pick up your miners in person !??!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 22, 2013, 01:01:55 PM
I have a flight scheduled Friday, to meet/beat the miners to the Batcave...  and I'm still confident they will ship on-time. (Early order num 5x) I actually cancelled a later flight(30th), to get one for the 27th...  and I still think that was the right decision.
Activity: 532
September 22, 2013, 11:18:38 AM
I asked the same question RE shipping and here is the reply I got. I am in the US as well.

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:53 AM
To:---------------
Subject: RE: Send message // http://www.kncminer.com

Dear -------

We use UPS Express Freight, most likely, it will take one day to ship your miner.
The miners will not have power switch built in as we are applying all our efforts to produce high quality miners as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Anna Jagdhar
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

I got pretty much the same message,they appear to be preparing to ship.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
September 22, 2013, 11:13:01 AM
I can also remember when I paid for upgrade from Saturn to Jupiter I had to pay extra for shipping, not sure but probably for the extra weight.
I can't remember the wording exactly but it did say UPS over night shipping
Activity: 329
Merit: 10
https://eloncity.io/
September 22, 2013, 10:45:39 AM
We still on track for shipping in Sept right?

no
I know we've been over this before.  There's basically 3 groups of people, imho.  Day 1 production, day 2, and everyone else.  I believe, and this is just me, that day 1 & 2 people will be shipped Sept 28th & 30th.  Everybody else will be shipped before Oct 15th based upon the order customers paid, not order number.

I did a sample shipping calculation on ups.com from Sweden to US.  If shipped Sept. 30th, it will arrive by end of day Oct 4th.  That seems pretty fast.  What kind of shipping times should we expect?  I have a day 2 Jupiter and a 2xxx paid order for a Jupiter.  I think my 2nd order is earlier in the queue.  I predict I'll receive one on Oct 4th and then Oct 11th'ish.  Everyone else will receive theirs by Oct 19th at the latest, that is from Stockholm to my house.

I asked the same question RE shipping and here is the reply I got. I am in the US as well.

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:53 AM
To:---------------
Subject: RE: Send message // http://www.kncminer.com

Dear -------

We use UPS Express Freight, most likely, it will take one day to ship your miner.
The miners will not have power switch built in as we are applying all our efforts to produce high quality miners as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Anna Jagdhar
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

September 22, 2013, 10:28:59 AM

no
I know we've been over this before.  There's basically 3 groups of people, imho.  Day 1 production, day 2, and everyone else.  I believe, and this is just me, that day 1 & 2 people will be shipped Sept 28th & 30th.  Everybody else will be shipped before Oct 15th based upon the order customers paid, not order number.

I did a sample shipping calculation on ups.com from Sweden to US.  If shipped Sept. 30th, it will arrive by end of day Oct 4th.  That seems pretty fast.  What kind of shipping times should we expect?  I have a day 2 Jupiter and a 2xxx paid order for a Jupiter.  I think my 2nd order is earlier in the queue.  I predict I'll receive one on Oct 4th and then Oct 11th'ish.  Everyone else will receive theirs by Oct 19th at the latest, that is from Stockholm to my house.
AFAIK they use premium shipping to the US and delivery should not take more than 2,5 days.

That will be, as always; 'working days', and again it's not couriers that may, or may not work weekends, but local government employees, such as customs officials preventing you from getting your hardware...
September 22, 2013, 10:26:40 AM
...If they have the units working by the end of Sept as promised they have delivery commencing by that point. ...

Lol, "delivery commencing"?  BFL is going to sue you for copyright infringement, consider this your takedown notice Cheesy

Lol, they used that term as well?!

I think they'll go for the "look & feel."  The phrase has that delicious vagueness, 100% unfalsifiable.  8/10 for wording skillz.

Edit: BTW, may i ask how long past the deadline you are willing to wait before asking for you refund (if KNC doesn't ship on time)?

2-3weeks is reasonable, or as far as I'm willing to remain reasonable. I think, but I know a fair amount about their margins and the lengths that thy have gone to to secure them, so I'm not expecting anything major on their part to cause any kind of delay, and I'm less likely to be forgiving there, as I would be for anything beyond their control say any unforeseen customs issues, which again I'm not expecting.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 22, 2013, 09:56:20 AM
wow, nice strategy. I'm on slush with quite constant 60 GH/s with 3 BF-H-cards. I get around 0.5 BTC daily at the moment. I see there is space for improvement, thank you  Smiley

What the shit!?  How you getting .5 a day?  I'm on Slush as well with 60GH/s and only get .23 a day...

Using stratum?
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 22, 2013, 09:55:37 AM

no

AFAIK they use premium shipping to the US and delivery should not take more than 2,5 days.
Activity: 752
September 22, 2013, 09:41:12 AM

no

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 22, 2013, 09:37:38 AM
...If they have the units working by the end of Sept as promised they have delivery commencing by that point. ...

Lol, "delivery commencing"?  BFL is going to sue you for copyright infringement, consider this your takedown notice Cheesy

I think they'll go for the "look & feel."  The phrase has that delicious vagueness, 100% unfalsifiable.  8/10 for wording skillz.

Edit: BTW, may i ask how long past the deadline you are willing to wait before asking for you refund (if KNC doesn't ship on time)?
September 22, 2013, 09:32:43 AM

Lol, "delivery commencing"?  BFL is going to sue you for copyright infringement, consider this your takedown notice Cheesy

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 22, 2013, 09:31:45 AM

Lol, "delivery commencing"?  BFL is going to sue you for copyright infringement, consider this your takedown notice Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
September 22, 2013, 09:26:04 AM
Everything there is to KNC I already about.

From email, their bitcointalk posts, their knc forum, their news, from the media

So this thread is mostly just for random/general discussions, spreading FUD and trolling.

September 22, 2013, 09:25:38 AM
Next week Bitfury will start to ship october kits.

I didnt see a picture of a single hashing knc unit, but yet some people who ordered knc are demanding pictures of bitfury units?

Boy, I am glad so much people ordered knc. Cheesy

Only because they are already meant to be out in the wild, and I hadn't seen any myself showing hashing power and power consumption for his chip, yet heard a range of numbers for both variables. That said KnC wants to be showing hashing units soon, as promised.
Will be any proof of the chips working before they start shipping? I don't remember and I hate to search this sorry...

Of course - against people's wallets, again as promised, and I dare say a video, as it's really not hard to upload one!

What for do you require a video? Let's derail this thread, here's a pic of my unit, received in August. As you can see, it draws 0.79 W/GH from the wall. Actually when it ran for a while, power consumption dropped to ~51 watts and by some tuning I got over 69 ghash hashing power. Currently these 3 h-boards are mining for over 80 ghash due to overvolting.
[img]/img]

That was with respect to KnC providing proof of chips working before shipping. I think it's a pretty standard and realistic expectation of standing by your product in the 21st Century. I mean if you can created a 28nm node die shrink, I'd envisage you can operate a smartphone and upload to YouTube! Wink

EDIT: If that can be done before 12am 1st October, then they earn huge brownie points and have fulfilled their promise.

KnC promise was september delivery, what happened to that?

They will earn points for showing a video before 1st of october?

If they have the units working by the end of Sept as promised they have delivery commencing by that point. There strategy has always been to have the chips arrive, test the assembled units to the wallets and fly out the door. Some individual units will always be held up in customs from when it leaves KnC as that's a sad fact of customs wanting to scrounge monies by delaying people's goods. It shouldn't happen in the EU area as VAT has either been paid or waived due to business to business sale and a VAT number having already been approved. As long they upload a working video, you can rest assured units are dispatched from the production line, but they can't be held responsible for couriers and customs your side, as they've done everything to ensure you given correct details, double checking that alone last week!

I haven't lowered any expectation, but words like; 'tight', and 'nailbiting', suggest this one is going to be 'down to the wire';

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/down_to_the_wire
Jump to: