Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1626. (Read 3049503 times)

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 22, 2013, 09:23:58 AM
We still on track for shipping in Sept right?

no

Sorry, says who? Are you an insider or something? All we've heard is they are on track, but it's tight. Plasmoske the above two are FUD spreaders, not anyone with any knowledge. I don't know if they will make the 30th for delivery,neither does anyone else, but KnC themselves may, although it looks as they are currently at the mercy of the packaging co. and their delivery. I was playing devils advocate above with regards to midnight 1/10. Wink

relax
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 22, 2013, 09:21:52 AM

Still on track AFAIK. You will know more tomorrow or Tuesday.

Tuesday too late.

I think they will not make it for september. If they ship one unit next week, I would be very surprised.

Hell, even bitcoinrama lowered his standards and said that KNC will earn some points by showing a working unit by 1st of october.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
September 22, 2013, 09:17:35 AM
Dw I know fud when I see one. ImI was just jokingly replying to my troll post.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 22, 2013, 09:16:51 AM
Next week Bitfury will start to ship october kits.

I didnt see a picture of a single hashing knc unit, but yet some people who ordered knc are demanding pictures of bitfury units?

Boy, I am glad so much people ordered knc. Cheesy

Only because they are already meant to be out in the wild, and I hadn't seen any myself showing hashing power and power consumption for his chip, yet heard a range of numbers for both variables. That said KnC wants to be showing hashing units soon, as promised.
Will be any proof of the chips working before they start shipping? I don't remember and I hate to search this sorry...

Of course - against people's wallets, again as promised, and I dare say a video, as it's really not hard to upload one!

What for do you require a video? Let's derail this thread, here's a pic of my unit, received in August. As you can see, it draws 0.79 W/GH from the wall. Actually when it ran for a while, power consumption dropped to ~51 watts and by some tuning I got over 69 ghash hashing power. Currently these 3 h-boards are mining for over 80 ghash due to overvolting.
[img]/img]

That was with respect to KnC providing proof of chips working before shipping. I think it's a pretty standard and realistic expectation of standing by your product in the 21st Century. I mean if you can created a 28nm node die shrink, I'd envisage you can operate a smartphone and upload to YouTube! Wink

EDIT: If that can be done before 12am 1st October, then they earn huge brownie points and have fulfilled their promise.

KnC promise was september delivery, what happened to that?

They will earn points for showing a video?

Still on track AFAIK. You will know more tomorrow or Tuesday.
legendary
September 22, 2013, 09:14:56 AM

I didnt see a picture of a single hashing knc unit, but yet some people who ordered knc are demanding pictures of bitfury units?

Only because they are already meant to be out in the wild, and I hadn't seen any myself showing hashing power and power consumption for his chip, yet heard a range of numbers for both variables. That said KnC wants to be showing hashing units soon, as promised.
Will be any proof of the chips working before they start shipping? I don't remember and I hate to search this sorry...

Of course - against people's wallets, again as promised, and I dare say a video, as it's really not hard to upload one!

What for do you require a video? Let's derail this thread, here's a pic of my unit, received in August. As you can see, it draws 0.79 W/GH from the wall. Actually when it ran for a while, power consumption dropped to ~51 watts and by some tuning I got over 69 ghash hashing power. Currently these 3 h-boards are mining for over 80 ghash due to overvolting.
[img]/img]

That was with respect to KnC providing proof of chips working before shipping. I think it's a pretty standard and realistic expectation of standing by your product in the 21st Century. I mean if you can created a 28nm node die shrink, I'd envisage you can operate a smartphone and upload to YouTube! Wink

EDIT: If that can be done before 12am 1st October, then they earn huge brownie points and have fulfilled their promise.

KnC promise was september delivery, what happened to that?

Now they will earn points for showing a video before 1st of october?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 22, 2013, 09:13:15 AM

no

Sorry, says who? Are you an insider or something? All we've heard is they are on track, but it's tight. Plasmoske the above two are FUD spreaders, not anyone with any knowledge. I don't know if they will make the 30th for delivery,neither does anyone else, but KnC themselves may, although it looks as they are currently at the mercy of the packaging co. and their delivery. I was playing devils advocate above with regards to midnight 1/10. Wink
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 22, 2013, 09:01:51 AM

no
The realist
September 22, 2013, 08:59:17 AM

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
September 22, 2013, 08:56:21 AM
If that can be done before 12am 1st October, then they earn huge brownie points and have fulfilled their promise.

October 1st, November 1st will come and go.  By December they might be done with 2nd spin.

Next year looks bright.
September 22, 2013, 08:46:08 AM

[img]/img]

Activity: 616
September 22, 2013, 08:43:50 AM
bitfury chip can do 0.3W/Gh
Complete devices delivered by Bitfurystrikesback did 0.8W/Gh, measured at wall.

Just fixing your facts
With 400Gh/s &   400w win 7340$ first month
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/e01d0bc449
With 734Gh/s & 1150w win 13400$ first month
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/acc6a91153

Which do you prefer? BTC or watts. Because I'm not greenpeace mining.
So you did care enough to do some research of your own. Nice. Smiley
you didn't respond to the part where he clowned you for caring about wattage

are you going to make some graph that shows how long term power savings means a shit compared to short term Gh increase?
tl:dr,
> titomane opens up a discussion about bitfury's power consumption in the KnC thread.
> I politely correct his misinformation
> titomane comes up with an imaginary scenario about bitfury hardware.
> DPoS wants me to make a graph based on titomane's imaginary scenario.

nope, I'm not doing it.
The realist
September 22, 2013, 08:35:52 AM
Awesome my bitfurys coming in about 2 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
September 22, 2013, 08:29:22 AM

September 22, 2013, 08:23:16 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 22, 2013, 08:09:02 AM

September 22, 2013, 08:03:02 AM

legendary
September 22, 2013, 07:52:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 22, 2013, 07:44:41 AM
still no video:

We will even have some videos this week from our Swedish assembly factory as some of our smaller parts begin to be assembled ready for full production the minute the chips arrive.

Sad Sad Sad

legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
September 22, 2013, 07:34:07 AM
How does one restart the stratum every hour and is that all it takes?

+1

Do you mean just quitting and restarting?

Is there not a more appropriate thread to post in ?

I posted the restart procedure some pages before (in a rather arrogant way, for which I want to apologize).
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3200899

and

But this needs to move over the to the Bitfury support thread and out of KNC, I think.....

definitely. But isn't this thread a mishmash of (nearly) lost hopes already?  Cheesy

@Bitcoinorama: Have a look at the bitfury support threads. It's unbelievable what these guys pull out of their chips https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3079405

Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to invite you to my tip-jar thread for BSFB. Integrity should be rewarded.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3189976
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
September 22, 2013, 06:27:00 AM
I would estimate 0.92W per Gh on the BF1 USB miner.

cheers,
kev
Jump to: