Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1653. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 17, 2013, 09:25:21 AM
"Components are in time" update, "Big chip news" update posted dozen times and still - last five bets are NO:
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
Nobody believes anymore KNC will deliver in September, not even the biggest cheerleaders.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 17, 2013, 09:11:28 AM
Normally, when you are buying such a time-sensitive, professional device, as a customer you are updated about every step of the process, as you need as much info as possible to decide wether to go ahead or cancel. You should get to know when they are receiving the critical parts (chips), what's the schedule from now on (exactly: with days), and in which precise day your devices will be shipped.
KNC wants to act like professional company, but behavior about shipping and device delivery becomes really unprofessional.
[/b]
Really, how?  I gotta hear this one, lol.

trolling or you missing ability to read and understand?

"You should get to know when they are receiving the critical parts (chips), what's the schedule from now on (exactly: with days), and in which precise day your devices will be shipped"

They just told you when the parts are coming....
" the wafers are on their way to the packing assembly house right now. They will be in the assembly house for a few days before they make their way to us in Sweden and of course via the fastest method possible."
Seems to me you are the one who can't read.
Precise day? Welcome to the world.  Not even EVGA, Gigabyte, or Intel could tell you a precise day... They have no control over shipping.
Your FUDdish comments are futile and unsubstantiated.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 09:08:05 AM
EDIT: On the other hand, you just caused that link to appear in three more quotes, including yours, so thank you for promoting this particular bit of news. Tongue

btw this is the reason, why this thread almost reach 500 pages.)

Chip News  - Yes again post - Just to cope with all the where is the chip news posts. Grin

Just incase you missed it:
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-36 CHIP NEWS!

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 17, 2013, 09:03:39 AM
Anyone got the link to the chip news?

Visiting KnC homepage would be a good start Wink
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-36

o rly? please post the link to the news more times, it is not yet enough.

Xialla, no need to snap. Someone asked, I told them where to look for the news now and in the future, so that this someone and hopefully others will be more self-reliant next time.

EDIT: On the other hand, you just caused that link to appear in three more quotes, including yours, so thank you for promoting this particular bit of news. Tongue
legendary
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 09:02:50 AM
Normally, when you are buying such a time-sensitive, professional device, as a customer you are updated about every step of the process, as you need as much info as possible to decide wether to go ahead or cancel. You should get to know when they are receiving the critical parts (chips), what's the schedule from now on (exactly: with days), and in which precise day your devices will be shipped.
KNC wants to act like professional company, but behavior about shipping and device delivery becomes really unprofessional.
[/b]

trolling or you missing ability to read and understand?

"You should get to know when they are receiving the critical parts (chips), what's the schedule from now on (exactly: with days), and in which precise day your devices will be shipped"

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 17, 2013, 09:02:03 AM

Xialla you seem bitter, yet by all accounts the news is positive, and inline with what you had been demanding for days; progress.

I'm starting to wonder that if you have an agenda with all this refund promotion you keep suggesting. You do realise that regardless of whether you convince people to refund or not, the same chips are unlikely to go unloved, regardless of whether you cause a stamped, someone else will take them.
legendary
LIR DEV
September 17, 2013, 08:59:07 AM
[/b]
legendary
LIR DEV
September 17, 2013, 08:57:12 AM
i paid and got the overnight shipping...
Wow, I never saw that offer....   when I checked out, there was no option for "overnight" shipping...  You must be special!
legendary
LIR DEV
September 17, 2013, 08:50:43 AM
I was about to comment on how sharp everyone is this morning.....    NOT!
I'm one happy camper; no amount of Troll can upset my camp!
congrats to everyone!.... 
legendary
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 08:48:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 17, 2013, 08:24:38 AM

Activity: 616
September 17, 2013, 08:09:19 AM
Not everyone is using string and a cup for internet, or solar panels and mice in a wheel for electricity, or curious george to deliver things.

.)))), I just start laughing..

Smiley Glad to hear. If I can make Xialla laugh, I'm off to a good start today haha
legendary
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 07:50:55 AM
Not everyone is using string and a cup for internet, or solar panels and mice in a wheel for electricity, or curious george to deliver things.

.)))), I just start laughing..
Activity: 692
September 17, 2013, 07:49:07 AM

Keep in mind that Bitfury's first announced distributor Metabank (if you think of Bitfury as Orsoc and Metabank as KnCminer) is having all sorts of assembly problems:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171576

Yikes. Those things are made if bendy plastic, the motherboards "attached" with cardboard, and the caps squished up against the heat sinks.
Activity: 616
September 17, 2013, 07:40:03 AM
BTW,  getting these chips from Taiwan or wherever they are being cut and packaged to Sweden in under a week is also anything but a given. Granted, I have no experience with Swedish customs, but in most countries that can take several weeks. Unless as someone suggested, you rent a plane or go pick up those chips in person.

Customs isn't that bad. I've received pallets of stuff through customs before and the delay was maybe a couple of hours. Lots of factors go into if something will be held. Not every package is held, not every pallet or container is held. It's almost random to be honest, especially the ports in the states. Unless someone is bribed to target these shipments, I wouldn't worry about weeks of delays being a great likelihood.

What matters most next few months is not the capacity shipped but the capacity deployed. Even if KNC ships 5K boxes to right now, expect for them to take weeks to get fully deployed and there will be constant outages (residential internet went down, power lost at the basement, etc)

Weeks to be deployed? Constant outtages? Not everyone is using string and a cup for internet, or solar panels and mice in a wheel for electricity, or curious george to deliver things.

Regarding the chips needing assembly before being put in the system, their news posting covers that--they're being put into SoC packaging before arriving at KNC's doorstep, where they will simply be dropped into the PCB.

Like others have said, people's fears are running amok. If they're late, they're late, and if they're not they're not. Life goes on, the Sun will likely come up the next day.
Activity: 602
September 17, 2013, 07:37:41 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 17, 2013, 07:32:45 AM

Thanks for posting  ... otherwise I´d have missed it ;-)
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 17, 2013, 07:32:22 AM
2 pages back - it's already been posted here twice ...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 17, 2013, 07:16:51 AM
chill out and wait for jupiter Smiley

Great PSU!  I have an 860 running my Blades and another for my Bitfury rig (and an 860i and 1200i in 2 of my PCs)  I think you could have saved a few bucks though and just bought the 860 (without the "i" at the end).  Isn't the only difference is that 860i has the CorsairLink module?

I know, but the 860 was not in stock and waiting time was within 3 weeks. But it was great price 150EUR for 860i.

The Corsair AX PSUs seem to be super efficient.  Even when it's running 6 Blades it generates virtually no heat.  I run the fan in Hybrid Mode and I've only seen it spinning once this week.  But since I just got a Backplane for the Blades, I bought one of those crappy HP server PSUs so it will connect directly to the backplane.  But that frees-up that 860 for my KnC when it comes... although it's only a Mercury and it will be overkill, lol.
Jump to: