Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1655. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 17, 2013, 05:17:09 AM
Normally, when you are buying such a time-sensitive, professional device, as a customer you are updated about every step of the process, as you need as much info as possible to decide wether to go ahead or cancel. You should get to know when they are receiving the critical parts (chips), what's the schedule from now on (exactly: with days), and in which precise day your devices will be shipped.

exactly. I don't know what is you job or where are you from but you just precisely describe, how business works for professional custom build devices. I'm dealing from small vendors like KNC (even smaller sometimes) to corporations like Cisco, Avaya or Juniper and all of these companies (doesn't matter about size) are communicating milestones and are able to told you delivery day. Honestly can't imagine situation, that I will call to one of vendors, 2 weeks before expected delivery (and after months of waiting), and they will told me something like "we are still on track"Smiley

next point is, I have got always signed contract with vendors. Once they fail to deliver what they promise, here is agreed discount of the device/service (or we will get something for free, depends on agreement)

another thing - you are never pushed to pay whole device. once you preorder something, you paid percentage of full amount (based on agreement) and the rest after delivery.

KNC wants to act like professional company, but behavior about shipping and device delivery becomes really unprofessional.

Why not just cancel your order?  Or do you just enjoy bitching?  When was the last time you called Apple or Cisco two weeks before release of a product and demanded to know how the assembly timeline was going and that they send you pictures?    You're just another armchair entrepreneur that thinks they know how to run KCNMiner better than the KNCMiner people do, and you're going on ignore...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 17, 2013, 05:14:13 AM
So, what will they be doing those 5 days between receiving the chips and shipping the first devices? drooling?

Oh they could send you a chip right away, no doubt about that. But if you want a fully functional assembled miner, you are skipping almost all the steps involved. What do you think BFL did for 6 months after they received their first wafers. Drool?

BTW,  getting these chips from Taiwan or wherever they are being cut and packaged to Sweden in under a week is also anything but a given. Granted, I have no experience with Swedish customs, but in most countries that can take several weeks. Unless as someone suggested, you rent a plane or go pick up those chips in person.

Good ol' Customs Courier Service...
http://customcritical.fedex.com/us/services/air-expedite/courier.shtml
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 05:11:07 AM
Just incase you missed it:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-36 CHIP NEWS!

lol news, o rly?!.))

"we are still on track to have Jupiter/Saturn shipping this month" - this was mentioned about 482x in this thread, almost every day.
"Jupiter will be greater than 400" - this was mentioned about 351x in this thread, almost every day.
"Time to market is everything in this business after all" - this was mentioned 5472x on this board, every day.

numbers should be slightly different

so nothing new, no photos, no videos, no delivery dates for 1st/2nd day of delivery. just couple of already known facts and promise about new video.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
September 17, 2013, 05:09:30 AM
Just incase you missed it:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-36 CHIP NEWS!
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 17, 2013, 05:08:30 AM
So either its that, and you get screwed by difficulty,  or you believe most or all of them are exaggerating/lying, in which case, chances are your rig wont arrive in time either.
You are screwed either way, unless you get lucky enough that your miner does ship roughly on time, and almost none of the others. Good luck with that.
Two other ways to do OK:
Be on the hardware development team

or
Be a well known miner dev
Then you usually end up waiting less than most people so you can get things working for when people get the hardware.
We don't get too many "Thanks for writing cgminer - fuck you - ha ha" like KnC have done Smiley
The last time that happened was ... ages ago ... Enterpoint.

Edit: oh funny I forgot - the last time was actually Avalon Cheesy So twice Smiley

Didn't Bitfury slip you the shaft too
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
September 17, 2013, 05:07:17 AM
What more can they say. Their products don't exist yet. They're in a million pieces.

i wonder when you will scrap your sig Smiley
Activity: 692
September 17, 2013, 05:04:26 AM
What more can they say. Their products don't exist yet. They're in a million pieces.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 04:58:07 AM
Normally, when you are buying such a time-sensitive, professional device, as a customer you are updated about every step of the process, as you need as much info as possible to decide wether to go ahead or cancel. You should get to know when they are receiving the critical parts (chips), what's the schedule from now on (exactly: with days), and in which precise day your devices will be shipped.

exactly. I don't know what is you job or where are you from but you just precisely describe, how business works for professional custom build devices. I'm dealing from small vendors like KNC (even smaller sometimes) to corporations like Cisco, Avaya or Juniper and all of these companies (doesn't matter about size) are communicating milestones and are able to told you delivery day. Honestly can't imagine situation, that I will call to one of vendors, 2 weeks before expected delivery (and after months of waiting), and they will told me something like "we are still on track"Smiley

next point is, I have got always signed contract with vendors. Once they fail to deliver what they promise, here is agreed discount of the device/service (or we will get something for free, depends on agreement)

another thing - you are never pushed to pay whole device. once you preorder something, you paid percentage of full amount (based on agreement) and the rest after delivery.

KNC wants to act like professional company, but behavior about shipping and device delivery becomes really unprofessional.
Merit: 1000
September 17, 2013, 04:57:05 AM
Any chance they will be held up traveling to the US?  One of the reasons I thought they wouldn't ship with PSU's was to lower this chance.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 17, 2013, 04:51:28 AM
if they will be relased in november bye bye roi...

To be fair, only if the majority of the other vendors do live up to their promises, and they all seem to be promising impossibly tight schedules.
AFAIK, KNC is the first company with produced 28nm wafers. Lots of things can still go wrong, but for now they are ahead.
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 17, 2013, 04:47:48 AM
So, what will they be doing those 5 days between receiving the chips and shipping the first devices? drooling?

Oh they could send you a chip right away, no doubt about that. But if you want a fully functional assembled miner, you are skipping almost all the steps involved. What do you think BFL did for 6 months after they received their first wafers. Drool?

BTW,  getting these chips from Taiwan or wherever they are being cut and packaged to Sweden in under a week is also anything but a given. Granted, I have no experience with Swedish customs, but in most countries that can take several weeks. Unless as someone suggested, you rent a plane or go pick up those chips in person.

there is also a possibility that customs will hold chips to toroughly check if it isnt technology transfer or anything like that
avalons were held in customs by weeks

it can be also chinese asic producers defence to hold the chips intentionally.

if they will be relased in november bye bye roi...
Mining for the hell of it.
September 17, 2013, 04:45:11 AM
... Even still .....
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
September 17, 2013, 04:41:40 AM
Well...I've got a boner.

Think you can keep it long enough till you get your miner? I think not. Shocked

Bring out the fluffers please.
September 17, 2013, 04:40:35 AM
Well...I've got a boner.

How much was overnight shipping?  I wonder if I can upgrade.
September 17, 2013, 04:39:22 AM
Well...I've got a boner.

September 17, 2013, 04:37:47 AM
Well...I've got a boner.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 17, 2013, 04:37:24 AM

September 17, 2013, 04:33:55 AM
i paid and got the overnight shipping...
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 17, 2013, 04:30:04 AM
Wafers have to be cut in parts, tested and packaged (5 days or more). They have to customs/fly to sweden (3 days or more, if knc will not rent a charter plane). Then testing boards/software/production line update/packaging  (5 days or more). Then shipping abroad (3 days or more).

That gives 1 october first delivery. It is very unlikely.

So, what will they be doing those 5 days between receiving the chips and shipping the first devices? drooling? What's holding them back from shipping the first devices they day they receive the chips? If they have a nice enough secretary they might even hand over the first devices to the guy that delivered the chips Wink

Unless you mean 5 days to produce all the devices, in which case I would be very happy to receive my 61xx order that soon. Smiley

And I'm not sure how you get 3 days shipping, but even the least expensive option is 2 days shipping for me.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 17, 2013, 04:27:35 AM
Um ... this is the world of BTC ... I'm not sure which planet you were on before you came here but ... not gonna happen Tongue
Jump to: