Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1654. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the future...
September 17, 2013, 07:03:30 AM
chill out and wait for jupiter Smiley

Great PSU!  I have an 860 running my Blades and another for my Bitfury rig (and an 860i and 1200i in 2 of my PCs)  I think you could have saved a few bucks though and just bought the 860 (without the "i" at the end).  Isn't the only difference is that 860i has the CorsairLink module?

I know, but the 860 was not in stock and waiting time was within 3 weeks. But it was great price 150EUR for 860i.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 06:56:24 AM
Isn't the only difference is that 860i has the CorsairLink module?

yep, it is.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 17, 2013, 06:54:39 AM

Great PSU!  I have an 860 running my Blades and another for my Bitfury rig (and an 860i and 1200i in 2 of my PCs)  I think you could have saved a few bucks though and just bought the 860 (without the "i" at the end).  Isn't the only difference is that 860i has the CorsairLink module?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 17, 2013, 06:53:44 AM
Even Bitfury, which is widely acknowledged to have executed superbly, arguably the shining example of bitcoin asic manufacturers, had their first assembled asic running test code in early june and took almost 2 months before they were able to ship.

IIRC Bitsyncom stated that it took ~two months to deploy their first miner after receiving packaged chips as well.
Bitfury and Bitsyncom both took the sane approach of realizing the rest of the hardware only after the chip's performance was well known. KnC is going the BFL road of having all the other hardware done and ready for the untested chips. While the above may sound provocative, it's clear that KnC has very realistic expectations for their chips and could just to pull it off.
Glow Stick Dance!
September 17, 2013, 06:43:53 AM
So either its that, and you get screwed by difficulty,  or you believe most or all of them are exaggerating/lying, in which case, chances are your rig wont arrive in time either.
You are screwed either way, unless you get lucky enough that your miner does ship roughly on time, and almost none of the others. Good luck with that.
Two other ways to do OK:
Be on the hardware development team

or
Be a well known miner dev
Then you usually end up waiting less than most people so you can get things working for when people get the hardware.
We don't get too many "Thanks for writing cgminer - fuck you - ha ha" like KnC have done Smiley
The last time that happened was ... ages ago ... Enterpoint.

Edit: oh funny I forgot - the last time was actually Avalon Cheesy So twice Smiley

Didn't Bitfury slip you the shaft too
Nope, no cgminer on BitFury ... yet.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171260

No, I meant that the screwed you over by using your code but not shipping you a sample to work with.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
September 17, 2013, 06:17:46 AM
Even Bitfury, which is widely acknowledged to have executed superbly, arguably the shining example of bitcoin asic manufacturers, had their first assembled asic running test code in early june and took almost 2 months before they were able to ship.

IIRC Bitsyncom stated that it took ~two months to deploy their first miner after receiving packaged chips as well.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the future...
September 17, 2013, 06:15:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 17, 2013, 06:13:42 AM
QUIT compairing them to BFL.

The comparison is quite valid. Both companies face(d) the exact same challenge of building and shipping a working miner around their first bitcoin asic.
KNC may or may not prove to be far more capable than BFL, but the challenges and risks are the same.

Speaking of bitfury, they actually took a plane to taiwan to pick up the chips in person. Really, for the price of a ticket thats a no brainer.

Keep in mind that Bitfury's first announced distributor Metabank (if you think of Bitfury as Orsoc and Metabank as KnCminer) is having all sorts of assembly problems:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171576
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 17, 2013, 05:55:45 AM
So either its that, and you get screwed by difficulty,  or you believe most or all of them are exaggerating/lying, in which case, chances are your rig wont arrive in time either.
You are screwed either way, unless you get lucky enough that your miner does ship roughly on time, and almost none of the others. Good luck with that.
Two other ways to do OK:
Be on the hardware development team

or
Be a well known miner dev
Then you usually end up waiting less than most people so you can get things working for when people get the hardware.
We don't get too many "Thanks for writing cgminer - fuck you - ha ha" like KnC have done Smiley
The last time that happened was ... ages ago ... Enterpoint.

Edit: oh funny I forgot - the last time was actually Avalon Cheesy So twice Smiley

Didn't Bitfury slip you the shaft too
Nope, no cgminer on BitFury ... yet.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171260
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 17, 2013, 05:52:44 AM
QUIT compairing them to BFL.

The comparison is quite valid. Both companies face(d) the exact same challenge of building and shipping a working miner around their first bitcoin asic.
KNC may or may not prove to be far more capable than BFL, but the challenges and risks are the same.

Speaking of bitfury, they actually took a plane to taiwan to pick up the chips in person. Really, for the price of a ticket thats a no brainer.
Glow Stick Dance!
September 17, 2013, 05:46:55 AM

and? packages are not held by delivery company - they are held by customs officers. and once It will be stuck for any reason, it can be hold for long weeks.

All of the major delivery services have ways to expedite the Customs process.  I'm pretty sure companies like DHL even have Customs officials right in their larger facilities to quickly process critical items.

Find something else to worry about please.
Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
September 17, 2013, 05:33:17 AM
and i am not denying any of that. We do not know there true manafacturing process. So It may be possible that they will get there miners out soon. QUIT compairing them to BFL. Once october 1st comes then bitch but till then chill.

Activity: 774
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
September 17, 2013, 05:32:48 AM
I do not give a damn
I want them now, NOW i say Wink
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 17, 2013, 05:30:26 AM
Wafer-chip... same thing.. wafer is just a whole bunch of chips not cut out..

And not packaged...
Not a small difference, ask BFL.

yeah it is not a plate of cookies

30% of wafer can be bad
it has to be tested

it takes time

packaging is not putting in the parcel box
it is very complicated process
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 17, 2013, 05:26:11 AM

And not packaged...
Not a small difference, ask BFL.
legendary
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 05:25:49 AM
Why not just cancel your order?  Or do you just enjoy bitching?  When was the last time you called Apple or Cisco two weeks before release of a product and demanded to know how the assembly timeline was going and that they send you pictures?    You're just another armchair entrepreneur that thinks they know how to run KCNMiner better than the KNCMiner people do, and you're going on ignore...

lol stupid, wtf are you talking about? I' m talking about preordering of already released devices (which costs thousands of dollars and you have to wait weeks for them) OR custom build professional devices. not about consumer products like iPhone.

If you don't know, how business works (because you don't have experience/not working in this field) please stfu and just read, what I'm trying to explain.
September 17, 2013, 05:23:44 AM
You have all been waiting for an update on our chips and we can today announce that the Fabrication process has finished and the wafers are on their way to the packing assembly house right now. They will be in the assembly house for a few days before they make their way to us in Sweden  and of course via the fastest method possible.

Chip...

A chip is generally made from silicon wafer
legendary
/dev/null
September 17, 2013, 05:22:40 AM

and? packages are not held by delivery company - they are held by customs officers. and once It will be stuck for any reason, it can be hold for long weeks.
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 17, 2013, 05:20:47 AM
Damn people just chill the hell out. Ya wanted to know about chips. Now ya know about chips. "Bitch bitch bitch. O lets bitch becuase we havent heard anything reguarding our chips. Now we have heard about out chips. Still not happy. Lets bitch some more." I know that time is money with ya people but still chill out and let the cards be delt as they come.

there is no news about chips

there is info about wafers that they will be completed soon

wafer can be damaged, not working, it can broke etc

from wafers to product bfl needed 24 weeks

knc has less than two weeks

September 17, 2013, 05:18:27 AM
Damn people just chill the hell out. Ya wanted to know about chips. Now ya know about chips. "Bitch bitch bitch. O lets bitch becuase we havent heard anything reguarding our chips. Now we have heard about out chips. Still not happy. Lets bitch some more." I know that time is money with ya people but still chill out and let the cards be delt as they come.

Jump to: