Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1665. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
September 15, 2013, 08:54:17 PM
Man, a lot of people are picking up my ignore lately!  Grin

lol

or is it you that is the "pussy" who cant wait calm and patiently and freaks out since you dont get a daily "everything is ok" hug from KNC.

WOW!  Shocked  Grin  Cheesy  i NEED  help getting off the floor. my gut hurts from laughing
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 15, 2013, 08:53:34 PM
Looks quite busy to me.

It would take them 30 seconds to say "still on schedule". 

or is it you that is the "pussy" who cant wait calm and patiently and freaks out since you dont get a daily "everything is ok" hug from KNC.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 15, 2013, 08:52:08 PM
Man, a lot of people are picking up my ignore lately!  Grin
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
September 15, 2013, 08:51:25 PM
Looks quite busy to me.

It would take them 30 seconds to say "still on schedule".  

Edit: also, are these the only 2 guys?  I certainly hope not.  What happens when the boards arrive?  I hope they don't expect these 2 guys to build a datacenter and assemble boxes at the same time.
September 15, 2013, 08:49:40 PM
I had high hopes that Knc wouldn't not over promise and under deliver, but if they don't ship all September orders in September they really aren't much different than all the other ASIC hardware manufacturers, which is kind of sad.

hmmm...thats kinda bullshit to me. lets say say deliver at 5th october instead of 30th september. ok, everybody is dissapointed big time and we are flaming and shouting all day long. BUT to state that KNC would then be the same as lets say BFL or Avalon with their delays ranging from several months to over a year is just a little less than BIG bullshit.

I don't have a KncMiner pre-order, but may order from them in the future if they do what they say and say what they do. Simply stating that everything is fine and on time when they have to ship hundreds of orders to ship in two weeks and haven't even demonstrated a working chip is bullshit, but I'm sure you're looking at this situation through rose colored glasses.

All they need to do is be honest, give updates, under promise, and over deliver. Being silent now and acting like everything is fine if they know they will be late (and they have to know by now) is simply unacceptable IMHO...

it may or may not be acceptable and (as i said in this thread already) they may not be able to ship in september, yes, but to argue that this makes them the same as avalon or bfl is still bullshit. and you know its bullshit.

How do you figure?  If they already know they're going to be late and they don't say so, they are untrustworthy.  

Personally I'd rather them be overt crooks and just lie, than be silent pussies (afraid to lie overtly but not afraid to just bury crucial information that their customers need).
September 15, 2013, 08:45:03 PM
Looks quite busy to me.

September 15, 2013, 08:40:07 PM
I had high hopes that Knc wouldn't not over promise and under deliver, but if they don't ship all September orders in September they really aren't much different than all the other ASIC hardware manufacturers, which is kind of sad.

hmmm...thats kinda bullshit to me. lets say say deliver at 5th october instead of 30th september. ok, everybody is dissapointed big time and we are flaming and shouting all day long. BUT to state that KNC would then be the same as lets say BFL or Avalon with their delays ranging from several months to over a year is just a little less than BIG bullshit.

I don't have a KncMiner pre-order, but may order from them in the future if they do what they say and say what they do. Simply stating that everything is fine and on time when they have to ship hundreds of orders to ship in two weeks and haven't even demonstrated a working chip is bullshit, but I'm sure you're looking at this situation through rose colored glasses.

All they need to do is be honest, give updates, under promise, and over deliver. Being silent now and acting like everything is fine if they know they will be late (and they have to know by now) is simply unacceptable IMHO...

The silence looks really bad.  

KNC, seriously, give an update or people are going to start bailing out.  NOBODY is going to believe that you're too busy to post a 1-sentence update.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 15, 2013, 08:38:55 PM
Granted, we have yet to see what KnC is capable of doing.  But the Bitfury group did pretty great with quickly shipping their orders.  So it isn't impossible.  Let's hope that KnC can repeat the miracle!

If I was a gambling man, I'd wager we will get news on chips early this week.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 15, 2013, 08:30:41 PM

i estimate chips to come to sweden at 26th and first miners to leave the fabric at best at 30th. just a guess.
September 15, 2013, 08:25:32 PM
We should probly hear something from them this week. Cool

If I remember correctly I dont recall them saying that they will deliver in september.

oo never mind but this is still a "Possible" Some may get there tracking numbers on the 30th.

Finally we wish to confirm that yes we are still on track for our delivery towards the end of September.

That tells me October.
ImI
legendary
September 15, 2013, 08:25:18 PM

it may or may not be acceptable and (as i said in this thread already) they may not be able to ship in september, yes, but to argue that this makes them the same as avalon or bfl is still bullshit. and you know its bullshit.

Activity: 742
September 15, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

ImI
legendary
September 15, 2013, 08:04:43 PM

September 15, 2013, 07:53:57 PM
Depending on their manufacturing process. It maybe all automated. That has been noted.
Activity: 742
September 15, 2013, 07:51:15 PM
Where are the chips? Has Knc demonstrated them yet?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that they can't ship a couple hundred orders in a day, so if folks with September orders don't start getting tracking numbers next week I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Knc won't deliver on time.

Activity: 616
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 15, 2013, 07:33:15 PM
ROI doesn't look so good for October delivery.

Anyone else consider asking for refund?

I just sent an email asking for a refund on my mercury - for the record, I would have been better off buying over 25 BTC at the time (will only buy me about 17 BTC at today's prices).  I'll update on how long the process takes or if there are any issues.  I'm guessing the number of refund requests they receive may go up over the next week or so.  I am a little bummed that I'll be forgoing the mining experience with KnC's asics.

Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 15, 2013, 07:04:44 PM
lol crumbs ignore button in the brightest yellow i have seen on this forum.

+1

I am collecting ignores too.
Please say you are troll and ignore me.

More refund will be i will get more btc so please get you refund and cut off your dream of being rich...

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
September 15, 2013, 06:36:01 PM
It's like telling your kid that can spent $300 on a new bicycle that they could have done better buying a savings bond.
Which do you think the buyer derives more satisfaction from?
You don't know, because you aren't the buyer.

Where did you find this analogy?  A crackerjack box?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
September 15, 2013, 06:29:11 PM
lol crumbs ignore button in the brightest yellow i have seen on this forum.

I think eve has first place.
Jump to: