Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1660. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 16, 2013, 10:14:43 AM
Do you really believe this?

We are expecting to start shipping towards the end of September, all orders which were paid for before the November prices were published will ship no later than October 15th.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 16, 2013, 10:05:54 AM
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/712-expected-delivery-of-asic-chips/page2

"vfxminer commented
13th September 2013, 08:29 AM
I spoke to kncminer yesterday. The chips are in the final stages of production in taiwan. soon as they are ready they will be flown over in the next couple of weeks ready for production end of September. This month cannot go fast enough for me. ..."

Hearsay. I doubt they told him that they would be flown over "in a couple of weeks". They maybe told him that they are in the final stages of production and are flown over here asap...
Next couple of weeks means a least 2 weeks because 1 week fits not in a couple of week
So if we are the 16/09, the chips will go away from Taiwan, the 29/09

That is not true. A couple means more than one week upwards.  
Then they need to fly over the world to come to sweden: 5 days

How the heck did you figure that it takes 5 days from taiwan to sweden? it's a little less than 5200 miles from taipei to stockholm. That's approx 11 hours flight. Take into account the time to load/unload, transportation to the plane/to the assembly and that it is a cargo plane with around 537mph I would estimate a maximum of 30 hours for the whole procedure.
To be assembled: 5 days

Why 5 days? A professional assembling unit (not automated) can do more than 600 chips/boards per day. I think they will use an automated one, so it should be more than 1200 boards per day. That's 300 Jupiters per day. And that is the worst case scenario in my opinion.
And shipped: 3-5 days

Where do you live? To southern Germany it should take 4-5 days, if you live further away it takes a lot longer.  

It's not automated assembly, they have stated that ..I thought it might be too.

AFAIK, tomorrow is in the next two weeks, so are all the days until you get to that two weeks...which didn't begin today if that convo was true and wasn't today.

If you hit a block mining solo nowadays the flying pigs deliver the bitcoins and your bravery medal  Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 16, 2013, 10:01:40 AM
Unrelated somewhat:

When solo mining, how do you know you've hit a block/won the lottery and should be expecting a 25btc payout soon?

I'd search but the connection I'm on is dying. Thanks for help/links.
Activity: 686
September 16, 2013, 09:57:08 AM
Anyone that believe KnC told some customer that called them up on the phone ANYTHING about chips/chip delivery is a complete moron. That's all there is to it.

Oh by the way.

KnC told me on the phone today that "Insert whatever the fuck I want right here"
THIS

unless its coming from KNC directly
Activity: 210
September 16, 2013, 09:51:06 AM
Bargraphic's right, offering anything more substantial than "we're building shelving!" pics is not in KNC's best interest.
The smart thing to do now is wait...  Quietly.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 16, 2013, 09:34:53 AM
Is regular troll convention today, yes?  So many trolls wanting to predict future - if they were being any good at it they would be buying winning lottery tickets and not needing be here.  

Why do you call it trolling? Just having fun) Real trolling will start if they don't ship by 1st of October.
Now instead of predicting the future, consider this raw fact: it's two weeks before the deadline and they still have no chips and even no prototype, hence no evidence of successful development. And don't tell me that FPGA is a prototype, just recall BFL who got several times lower hashrate and higher power consumption than expected.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 16, 2013, 09:33:12 AM
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/712-expected-delivery-of-asic-chips/page2

"vfxminer commented
I spoke to kncminer yesterday. The chips are in the final stages of production in taiwan. soon as they are ready they will be flown over in the next couple of weeks ready for production end of September. This month cannot go fast enough for me. ..."

Hearsay. I doubt they told him that they would be flown over "in a couple of weeks". They maybe told him that they are in the final stages of production and are flown over here asap...
Next couple of weeks means a least 2 weeks because 1 week fits not in a couple of week

That is not true. A couple means more than one week upwards.  

How the heck did you figure that it takes 5 days from taiwan to sweden? it's a little less than 5200 miles from taipei to stockholm. That's approx 11 hours flight. Take into account the time to load/unload, transportation to the plane/to the assembly and that it is a cargo plane with around 537mph I would estimate a maximum of 30 hours for the whole procedure.

Why 5 days? A professional assembling unit (not automated) can do more than 600 chips/boards per day. I think they will use an automated one, so it should be more than 1200 boards per day. That's 300 Jupiters per day. And that is the worst case scenario in my opinion.

Where do you live? To southern Germany it should take 4-5 days, if you live further away it takes a lot longer.  

September 16, 2013, 09:32:46 AM
Is regular troll convention today, yes?  So many trolls wanting to predict future - if they were being any good at it they would be buying winning lottery tickets and not needing be here.  

Nah, i can't see the future, but watching u play Russian roulette with 5 chambers loaded is a blast  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Activity: 427
September 16, 2013, 09:25:37 AM
Activity: 476
September 16, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
next copule of weeks

Oh, not these ASICs again!
September 16, 2013, 09:18:48 AM
I missed out on all the contests for clever slogans, so this banner is a freebie -- from me to you Smiley

Activity: 692
September 16, 2013, 08:54:26 AM
Abandon SHIP. REFUND!!! Everyone ask for their refund now while you still can.

I want my miner sooner!
worthless compared to wise stock/coin trading

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ggggggggggoooooooooodddddddddddd guess what?

No.

vfxminer commented
I spoke to kncminer yesterday. The chips are in the final stages of production in taiwan. soon as they are ready they will be flown over in the next couple of weeks ready for production end of September. This month cannot go fast enough for me. ...

So the miners won't be at home until the 15 th of october at the best !

And yes, Knc won't say anything about this because they fear a massive order clear/money
refund/lost of trust, and this will be terrible for their fortune. And as a business they don't fear saying bullshit to have money from people.

hmm, I'm scared that you are right.(

Reminds me of reactions on the labcoin thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/labcoin-ipo-btctco-detailsfaq-and-discussion-asic-devsalesmining-263445
Timer removed. End time: 2013-10-01+01:59:59UTC
Activity: 212
September 16, 2013, 08:51:10 AM
to be honest, i'd like my saturn miner to be at home tomorrow...
but after study of the situation, i'm a bit sceptic ... sorry

i'd like to be more optimist, but i don't like saying bullshit just because
i wish my money comes faster, and dream of being a millionaire

Activity: 196
September 16, 2013, 08:40:08 AM

vfxminer commented
I spoke to kncminer yesterday. The chips are in the final stages of production in taiwan. soon as they are ready they will be flown over in the next couple of weeks ready for production end of September. This month cannot go fast enough for me. ...

So the miners won't be at home until the 15 th of october at the best !

And yes, Knc won't say anything about this because they fear a massive order clear/money
refund/lost of trust, and this will be terrible for their fortune. And as a business they don't fear saying bullshit to have money from people.

hmm, I'm scared that you are right.(

And they will trickle out from this point on...   Like a turtle humping another turtle..

"All Back orders will be shipped out within 90 days starting Oct 15"

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
September 16, 2013, 08:32:47 AM
Ok thanks
Activity: 242
September 16, 2013, 08:30:52 AM
WTF has post count to do with the validity of arguments?
The guy was expressing his concerns based on reasonable assumptions, he wasn't trolling. You may or may not agree with him but I don't see what's the problem with his post and why his post count is important.

I'm not personally as pessimistic, although to be honest I thought that by this time of the month we should have more info regarding chips.

Why is that?  4 newbie posts, then he suddenly shows up in the KNC thread telling everyone how much they're going to miss their shipping dates by, and that they are lying and going to go out of business.  How about judging by that - nothing but a newly registered troll.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 16, 2013, 08:29:09 AM
What pcie adaptor must have the pSu with 6 pin or with 6pin +extra 2 pin
.for knc miner

you should use both of them. knc miner using 6PIN PCI-E connectors.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
September 16, 2013, 08:25:40 AM
What pcie adaptor must have the pSu with 6 pin or with 6pin +extra 2 pin
.for knc miner
Activity: 212
September 16, 2013, 08:18:07 AM
refund/lost of trust, and this will be terrible for their business fortune. And as a company, they don't fear saying bullshit to have money from people.

Oh goodie, a brand new, complete newbie account troll.  Just go away...

Why so much agressivity ? because i'm new ? or because i'm saying something not great to hear ?
or because the 2 ?

what a clever attitude  Undecided

it's been 4 months i'm reading this thread, and i have a 2nd day saturn pre-order waiting ...
so my aim is not to make troubles on any point of view, just sharing my thoughts ...
Jump to: