Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1722. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
September 03, 2013, 04:17:23 PM
oh man, you gotta read up...

Yeah no kidding.  I have not mined before, but I'm a software engineer, I think I can figure it out with a bit of documentation. anyone got a link?

Obviously nobody's got any experience with this particular hardware since it doesn't exist yet, but I'm sure there's something close enough.
im not sure if this was covered already. I emailed knc about it, here's what they said:

"The configuration of the miners will be done via a web interface and the miners will run a version of CGminer which has been configured specifically for our miners.

We also offer the option to pre-configure the miners by entering your details in your account on our website. You can select a pool, enter your Bitcoin wallet address and enter a worker id.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards..."

Ok that helps.

I would expect we can configure the miner to use any pool, not just the ones listed.  I probably won't solo mine but would be nice to know how to do it.  There's some communication to set up between bitcoin-qt and the miner.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 03, 2013, 04:09:12 PM
I don't know why everyone is waiting to see if they'll ship the summer orders before ordering the next gen....

Avalon shipped the first units without a problem and then screwed everyone that ordered batch 2 and 3 over.

Not that I think that KNC is like Avalon in ANY way, I'd just like to give an example that a good past performance does not imply a good future performance.

Activity: 752
September 03, 2013, 04:05:38 PM

Yeah no kidding.  I have not mined before, but I'm a software engineer, I think I can figure it out with a bit of documentation. anyone got a link?

Obviously nobody's got any experience with this particular hardware since it doesn't exist yet, but I'm sure there's something close enough.
im not sure if this was covered already. I emailed knc about it, here's what they said:

"The configuration of the miners will be done via a web interface and the miners will run a version of CGminer which has been configured specifically for our miners.

We also offer the option to pre-configure the miners by entering your details in your account on our website. You can select a pool, enter your Bitcoin wallet address and enter a worker id.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards..."
September 03, 2013, 03:55:36 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 03, 2013, 03:47:57 PM
September 03, 2013, 03:47:19 PM
haha he took it seriously

Although it's funny.  In responding to the sarcastic answer, he answered his own question.  Obviously he was able to do the research himself, he just lacked sufficient motivation at the time.

BTW: Has everyone setup their mining addresses and/or worker IDs on the KnC website?  Unlike Avalon, they are going to pre-configure and do the burn in test on customer addresses/pool accounts.   Those hashes coming in will be the major signal that they're ready to start shipping.

I have not yet. 

Can someone explain how ASIC miner devices' software are generally set up?  So let's say I have bitcoin-qt running on my laptop.  I have the miner power supply connected and hook the miner up to my laptop via USB (or maybe my router via ethernet?)  Then what?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 03, 2013, 03:21:50 PM

Interesting how YES is slowly gaining more popularity as time passes, and it should be the other way around regarding closing resolution date and lack of solid proofs. Maybe the optimists are collectively cheering each other  Roll Eyes
Activity: 238
September 03, 2013, 03:01:36 PM

Although it's funny.  In responding to the sarcastic answer, he answered his own question.  Obviously he was able to do the research himself, he just lacked sufficient motivation at the time.

BTW: Has everyone setup their mining addresses and/or worker IDs on the KnC website?  Unlike Avalon, they are going to pre-configure and do the burn in test on customer addresses/pool accounts.   Those hashes coming in will be the major signal that they're ready to start shipping.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 03, 2013, 02:43:04 PM
Activity: 616
September 03, 2013, 02:38:43 PM
guys I have missed a week or so of this threat and feel too lazy to go through it.

What is the latest news are they shipping yet?

You totally missed it.. all units shipped. We're on generation 3 now. guess you missed the boat.

First of all I did not miss shit I simply chose not to get 1st gen miner from knc to see if they will deliver on their promises.
Second of all as far as I know they will come up with gen 2 around March next year
Third of all nothing was shipped yet.

LOL.. you take sarcasm well, and look, you're up to date now. The answer to your post was just a few posts above yours. You didn't need to scroll pages back.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 03, 2013, 02:18:10 PM
guys I have missed a week or so of this threat and feel too lazy to go through it.

You totally missed it.. all units shipped. We're on generation 3 now. guess you missed the boat.

First of all I did not miss shit I simply chose not to get 1st gen miner from knc to see if they will deliver on their promises.
Second of all as far as I know they will come up with gen 2 around March next year
Third of all nothing was shipped yet.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 03, 2013, 01:42:37 PM
Please stop quoting eve.  Why?  Why do you do it?  Even if you wanted to post such a masterpiece as calling him a retard do it without quoting his nonsense.
I thought about that, and I agree... I took those down.
I hadn't had my morning coffee... Smiley Just waking to posts full of Dame Bramaged comments had me in a fluster...
Activity: 532
September 03, 2013, 01:34:42 PM
Lol:

Kano 25-08-2013

I voted yes.

Anonymous 03-09-2013

OMG! Kano bet 15 BTC!!!

03-09-13 02:45          Yes          23`626          15.00000000          12Bnu

Did he??  Huh Grin

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
Activity: 616
September 03, 2013, 01:17:50 PM

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 03, 2013, 12:56:15 PM
Please stop quoting eve.  Why?  Why do you do it?  Even if you wanted to post such a masterpiece as calling him a retard do it without quoting his nonsense.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 03, 2013, 12:55:54 PM

Digital *Facepalm*
*edit*
OK, I was a bit cranky there...   expect deliveries to begin last week of Sept.  Tongue
Activity: 31
September 03, 2013, 12:54:15 PM

Activity: 48
September 03, 2013, 12:32:50 PM
More like 6,000 units.  At 5 min/unit and 20 hrs/day (2 full shifts and a half shift), KnC would need ~25 days to build and ship them all.  That is consistent with their press releases.
Activity: 784
September 03, 2013, 12:28:50 PM
A little late to the price drop party.  Was kinda hoping they weren't going to start taking those November pre-orders until they delivered the summer orders.
Activity: 238
September 03, 2013, 11:08:14 AM
Whoa, someone just put 15 BTC on Yes >_>

Someone knows something. Think it might be Sam or Andreas? If I were them and I knew we'd be hitting our target, I'd place that bet. Heck ya. That's the whole purpose of an information market, to monetize sharing expectations. And only someone really confident or with insider info is gonna spend $1500... $1950 betting on this

(damn, bitcoin being worth more than $100 is really screwing with my estimated math these days Tongue)

Or someone's either a gambling addict or they've got a massive amount of BTC and 15BTC isn't a lot to them.  I would have put more in but right now I'm doing all my bitcoin "gambling" with labcoin stock Grin  Paying off a lot better then this bet will, so far.

I did put in a yes bet earlier when the odds were better.

well KNC has 44 days to get my miner to me. Let the countdown begin

Even if they had working prototype it would be hard to assembly+ship all preordered units in time - look at BFL

Heard of automated manufacturing lines (as opposed to BFL's manual labour crew)?

Actually, my guess would be they're doing manual assembly.  The thing is - unlike what BFL tried to do with insourcing that, there are actually companies out there you can hire to do your box building for you.  Foxconn is the well known example, but companies like that exist everywhere.  Here in the U.S as well as sweeden, I'm sure.

The cost and time to setup an automated line aren't insubstantial, and for a small run of a few hundred to a thousand units it might be cheaper to hire humans to do it, even at sweedish rates.  You can see their system will be quite simple to install.  You just take a metal frame, stick in 2-5 circuit boards (depending on the thing thing) Connect a few wires, and then screw in the heatsinks.  It shouldn't take more then 5 minutes. They don't even need to attach the PSU.
Jump to: