Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1723. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
September 03, 2013, 10:41:06 AM
Does anyone have experience with having computers shipped to the US from Europe?  Do they usually get through customs without issue?

I presume KNC's shipping cost to the US (I think it was about $130) included whatever duty fees would ultimately be charged.  I would guess that UPS collects that fee up front?  But I have never had anything shipped from overseas so I don't know how it works.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 03, 2013, 10:21:55 AM
Just pray KnC won't suffer loses in customs the way Avalon did Tongue

You have to include your VAT number at placing an order.
European products are also probably cheaper in taxes than non-european products.

So as an european, i don't worry much about the taxes or customs.
I do wonder for our American friends how this will come out to p(l)ay xD

I'm glad I'm in the US and not paying VAT.. I've seen the VAT costs on these and it makes my brain hurt. The last few times I've taken possession of things from across the pond, the customs fee (if any at all) was only a few percent. Yes, the items cost more than these miners.

Sometimes things get charged custsoms, sometimes they don't, and it's usually not bad at all really. I think the most I've ever paid is 5%.

I hope my unit skips through customs happily Smiley

Ghehe  Grin i hope mine as well.

Though what i found strange is when i orderd, i had to include my VAT, bur i diddnt see any change in costs except shipping
A 90 euro. Anyone else who had this?

What country are you ordering to?

Netherlands

Companies shipping to other companies cross border but staying within the EU don't need to levy VAT on each other if the recipient has a valid EU VAT number.
See endless earlier posts about the fact that KnC is treating its customers as business buyers. But when it comes to paying the bill, that's no bad thing as you've found.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 03, 2013, 09:09:55 AM
300 pages and I have only one question. Is there a single working KNC miner in existence?  Huh
So to repeat myself after 100 pages, any working KNC miner ASIC yet?

To repeat about six hundred answers, no.

Though if I had anything to bet, I'd guess that they have working prototypes by now, or they wouldn't be putting solid dates on shipping.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 03, 2013, 09:09:40 AM

European products are also probably cheaper in taxes than non-european products.

I'm glad I'm in the US and not paying VAT.. I've seen the VAT costs on these and it makes my brain hurt. The last few times I've taken possession of things from across the pond, the customs fee (if any at all) was only a few percent. Yes, the items cost more than these miners.

Sometimes things get charged custsoms, sometimes they don't, and it's usually not bad at all really. I think the most I've ever paid is 5%.

Though what i found strange is when i orderd, i had to include my VAT, bur i diddnt see any change in costs except shipping

Netherlands
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 03, 2013, 08:50:51 AM
300 pages and I have only one question. Is there a single working KNC miner in existence?  Huh

Nope, maybe in 6 months - come back then
Activity: 446
September 03, 2013, 08:47:04 AM

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 03, 2013, 08:44:51 AM

September 03, 2013, 08:44:30 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. Sometimes it does slip through without our GST added on. Good luck!
Activity: 251
September 03, 2013, 08:32:57 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 03, 2013, 08:29:22 AM

September 03, 2013, 08:02:52 AM
Think they may already be sold out  Huh

Hmm maybe, although they do have about 2500 saturns for sale.

Source? FUD?

Just input 9999 into the number of saturns you would like. FUD? I think not.

OK, thanks. Sorry for the FUD suggestion. Jupiters also seem to be  ~2500. Maybe they have 2500 BOXES available. If relevant reply in the speculation forum to not clutter this further.

Thats cool dude.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 03, 2013, 07:54:36 AM

No, and never expected to be before mid-September.
eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 03, 2013, 07:54:00 AM

Nothing, right now, nothing to show or proof
Activity: 742
September 03, 2013, 07:53:17 AM

Source? FUD?

OK, thanks. Sorry for the FUD suggestion. Jupiters also seem to be  ~2500. Maybe they have 2500 BOXES available. If relevant reply in the speculation forum to not clutter this further.

legendary
Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014
Hodling since 2011.®
September 03, 2013, 07:51:47 AM
September 03, 2013, 06:51:42 AM
Just had a look on KNC site, Jupiter orders for November are "Not Available", pre order sales only. Saturns are available to buy though, weird.

Not for me, looks fine.

All good for me now as well, must have been a glitch or something.
September 03, 2013, 06:50:44 AM

Source? FUD?

Activity: 532
September 03, 2013, 06:49:58 AM
Just had a look on KNC site, Jupiter orders for November are "Not Available", pre order sales only. Saturns are available to buy though, weird.

Not for me, looks fine.
Mining for the hell of it.
September 03, 2013, 06:38:00 AM
actually Go to the source
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-33
and i got an email from them saying the same thing at 830am yesterday.
1.21 GIGA WATTS
Jump to: