Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1725. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
September 03, 2013, 03:44:37 AM
well KNC has 44 days to get my miner to me. Let the countdown begin

Even if they had working prototype it would be hard to assembly+ship all preordered units in time - look at BFL

NEVER use the long con that is BFL as any type of example for ANY other company
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2013, 03:23:08 AM
Just pray KnC won't suffer loses in customs the way Avalon did Tongue

You have to include your VAT number at placing an order.
European products are also probably cheaper in taxes than non-european products.

So as an european, i don't worry much about the taxes or customs.
I do wonder for our American friends how this will come out to p(l)ay xD
I was referring to the 'lost' Avalon chips fiasco!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 03, 2013, 03:22:03 AM

Even if they had working prototype it would be hard to assembly+ship all preordered units in time - look at BFL

Heard of automated manufacturing lines (as opposed to BFL's manual labour crew)?
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
September 03, 2013, 03:18:57 AM

Activity: 616
September 03, 2013, 03:14:03 AM
I hope KnC has better luck with its chips than Metabank is having with Bitfury's chips.  Underperforming 20% at this time... Undecided

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3047904

That really isn't a big deal when they were adding an additional card or more so one could hit the advertised spec. The only real issue would be if one couldn't handle the additional power. This wouldn't be a problem for a few complete rigs. If one were to purchase 10,000 ghash/s worth of and they needed 10% more power to power there rigs, then this would be a bigger issue. Bitfury in my honest opinion right now is definitely the most promising.
what additional power? The power draw is still only 64% of their promise. So very much less.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
September 03, 2013, 02:11:40 AM
Whoa, someone just put 15 BTC on Yes >_>

Someone knows something. Think it might be Sam or Andreas? If I were them and I knew we'd be hitting our target, I'd place that bet. Heck ya. That's the whole purpose of an information market, to monetize sharing expectations. And only someone really confident or with insider info is gonna spend $1500... $1950 betting on this

(damn, bitcoin being worth more than $100 is really screwing with my estimated math these days Tongue)

Their action will get paid after my action gets cashed out....comeon guys I want more dummies to lose coins to 'no'!!!!!!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 03, 2013, 01:18:07 AM
Whoa, someone just put 15 BTC on Yes >_>

Someone knows something. Think it might be Sam or Andreas? If I were them and I knew we'd be hitting our target, I'd place that bet. Heck ya. That's the whole purpose of an information market, to monetize sharing expectations. And only someone really confident or with insider info is gonna spend $1500... $1950 betting on this

(damn, bitcoin being worth more than $100 is really screwing with my estimated math these days Tongue)
Activity: 140
"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."
September 03, 2013, 12:26:55 AM
I honestly don't think KNC will have all these preorders filled by end of October. I haven't seen a Knc Asic chip yet, and it is already going on September. They'd have to have everything lined up just right if they expect to get chips installed on the board without any issues and everything communicating right. Not to mention to assemble all these units and then ship out all these orders by end of October, they'd need one hell of a team.

Without seeing a chip already, I'd be surprised if they'd even have a physical prototype ready by Oct 1st.

So many of us that were on the fence about KNC as a company AND their ability to deliver what and when they said they would are now able to make a much better decision thanks to your incredibly informative post. Who else on these forums puts the hard facts together so succinctly and informatively as you? No one, that's who.
::mind blown::

I'm glad I spelled it out just for you and I appreciate your condescending post...very classy indeed.

I might not add much in the way of class to this thread, I'll give you that. What I DON'T do is repost the same general lack-of-faith BS based on the absence of evidence rather than evidence itself. Everyone gets that you and 9,000 other trolls will not Believe It Until You See It.

WE GET IT. We also know what KNC has said, what day it is now, and how many days are left in this month.

I'd rather my sarcasm open me up to defensive behavior than stupidity open me up to ridicule, but that's just me.  Grin
Activity: 317
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
September 03, 2013, 12:01:24 AM
I hope KnC has better luck with its chips than Metabank is having with Bitfury's chips.  Underperforming 20% at this time... Undecided

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3047904

That really isn't a big deal when they were adding an additional card or more so one could hit the advertised spec. The only real issue would be if one couldn't handle the additional power. This wouldn't be a problem for a few complete rigs. If one were to purchase 10,000 ghash/s worth of and they needed 10% more power to power there rigs, then this would be a bigger issue. Bitfury in my honest opinion right now is definitely the most promising.
Activity: 317
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
September 02, 2013, 11:52:46 PM
I honestly don't think KNC will have all these preorders filled by end of October. I haven't seen a Knc Asic chip yet, and it is already going on September. They'd have to have everything lined up just right if they expect to get chips installed on the board without any issues and everything communicating right. Not to mention to assemble all these units and then ship out all these orders by end of October, they'd need one hell of a team.

Without seeing a chip already, I'd be surprised if they'd even have a physical prototype ready by Oct 1st.

So many of us that were on the fence about KNC as a company AND their ability to deliver what and when they said they would are now able to make a much better decision thanks to your incredibly informative post. Who else on these forums puts the hard facts together so succinctly and informatively as you? No one, that's who.
::mind blown::

I'm glad I spelled it out just for you and I appreciate your condescending post...very classy indeed.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
September 02, 2013, 11:21:25 PM
There is also a press release which states the next generation will be available for purchase March 2014.  They are all smarter than me about this biz, so it indicates to me that they have done the math required to determine today's boxes should be profitable until then.  As one who bought a Jupiter this round, I'm pretty darned happy that I will be one of the preferred customers who get first dibs on the 2nd generation boxes.  I can say with confidence that I'll be more than happy to take out my nut and a little profit and reinvest the rest. 

These are exciting times.  I feel like I got in early on the next DELL Computers.  Smiley
Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
September 02, 2013, 11:00:45 PM
Activity: 48
September 02, 2013, 10:53:16 PM
I just re-read the early press releases from KnC.  They were modestly optimistic about getting $1.5-3.5M capitalization.  My rough figures estimate they are as of right now sitting on about $40M cash from advanced paid sales.

Funny how that worked out.  Smiley
Activity: 238
September 02, 2013, 10:43:35 PM
Activity: 47
September 02, 2013, 10:43:22 PM

I need Sunglasses to ignore u Wink
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 02, 2013, 10:41:06 PM
Hi guys,
Does KnC allow you to sell / transfer orders? I have an order for a Saturn that I might need to part with  Embarrassed.

Thanks

Go get a refund yea we are all concern with NO NEWS on the Asic Chip.

No "we all" aren't. Nor are we all concerned that we might not be able to have a crap tomorrow, but if that happens we'll deal with it we can work the matter out.
eve
Activity: 210
September 02, 2013, 10:34:57 PM
NO                 YES

28.20 BTC      21.20 BTC

KnCMiner will deliver ASIC devices before October 1st

KnCMiner will deliver ASIC Bitcoin mining devices to their customers before 1st of October 2013. Devices must meet advertised performance (>175GH/s, <500W for Saturn ; >350GH/s, <1KW for Jupiter) in order to be accepted as valid. At least 5 deliveries confirmed by respected members of the community required.

More and More people don't believed that KNc will deliver before October 1st. With NO NEWS on Chips, how many will Believed they will deliver before 1st October 2013.

http://bitbet.us/
eve
Activity: 210
September 02, 2013, 10:28:39 PM
Hi guys,
Does KnC allow you to sell / transfer orders? I have an order for a Saturn that I might need to part with  Embarrassed.

Thanks

Go get a refund yea we are all concern with NO NEWS on the Asic Chip.
Activity: 824
Merit: 712
September 02, 2013, 10:19:19 PM
Okay however with that being said. Are they still going to honer the paid orders that are currently in place and by what time. All that has been said is about there other 2 miners.

Of course, everything will ship out in the order paid, including the Mercury's, which means no later than 15 Oct.
Jump to: