Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1727. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 02, 2013, 07:52:12 PM
Just pray KnC won't suffer loses in customs the way Avalon did Tongue

You have to include your VAT number at placing an order.
European products are also probably cheaper in taxes than non-european products.

So as an european, i don't worry much about the taxes or customs.
I do wonder for our American friends how this will come out to p(l)ay xD
He's referring to Avalon's chips being delayed months, ostensibly because someone made them a better offer and held them up at customs for literally weeks, conveniently allowing enough time for another run to be pushed through the fab, destroying the profits of the chip buyers.

Anyway, US buyers don't pay VAT. VAT must eating into your guys's profits considerably tho :<
Activity: 392
September 02, 2013, 05:52:49 PM
I personally think that people should calm the fuck down and stop paying real money for vaporware.

Why? How does it benefit you if they do? Have you signed up for the new BFL referal scheme, where they give you a rig for every 10 KnC rigs you put people off buying ?

He wants you to buy vaporware with fake money.

Grin lulz! Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."
September 02, 2013, 05:41:11 PM
I personally think that people should calm the fuck down and stop paying real money for vaporware.

Thread to be officially renamed "Personal thoughts on Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com"
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 02, 2013, 05:19:04 PM

Why? How does it benefit you if they do? Have you signed up for the new BFL referal scheme, where they give you a rig for every 10 KnC rigs you put people off buying ?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 02, 2013, 05:07:36 PM

You have to include your VAT number at placing an order.
European products are also probably cheaper in taxes than non-european products.

So as an european, i don't worry much about the taxes or customs.
I do wonder for our American friends how this will come out to p(l)ay xD
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 02, 2013, 05:03:59 PM
Activity: 364
September 02, 2013, 04:59:46 PM
So what do you guys think of KnC's new updated pricing:

400GH/s at $5K
200GH/s at $3K

Supposedly shipping Nov. 15. I like these prices and price points. I'm thinking there's going to be a whole new slew of KnC Group Buys targeting these models.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 02, 2013, 04:57:43 PM
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 02, 2013, 04:54:52 PM
Maybe the chips won't ever leave china? Cheaper and faster to send a guy there to test, then crack on with production there? I've not seen anything official mention them being assembled in Sweden, and I'd bet there's some factories over there about perfect for the job.

That slogan on their boards should have been, "Chips. Do you want to know more?"
September 02, 2013, 04:29:21 PM
Now as far for the chips, i think they have them already but due to the high production / development costs
They are not showing it yet, because other MF could copy the basic design of the chips and they don't want that.

Maybe im talking bullshit big time here so lets call this my personal speculation (@ least an optimistic one) :-)
It's not that they have the chips--they were never going to have the chips. The chips are manufactured in China and immediately shipped to the next production house that will package and install them. That's the likely scenario.

So why are they not showing chips? Because they didn't receive engineering samples--this was a rocket run, they've got no test units at all. There's no chips to show, even though by now they've undoubtedly already been produced and are probably, at this very moment, being shipped somewhere for the next stage of production.

The chips undoubtedly exist right now, somewhere in the world--they taped out weeks ago. But even KNC cannot get their hands on one of them.
September 02, 2013, 04:26:12 PM
You can already set some wallets to display in default mBTC, so that's really a non-issue. It's something you'd get used to actually really quickly.

I like scientific notation... vote for all transactions denominated in Satoshi, DecaSatoshi, HectoSatoshi, KiloSatoshi, MegaSatoshi, GigaSatoshi... etc.   A single bitcoin is 100 Megasatoshi (or 10 BTC is 1 GigaSatoshi).  Though I think since there are only 21 Million BTC ever, we don't need to go higher than PetaSatoshi.

Hmm... Maybe I have to cut down on the decongestants... damn allergies.
Lol, I like it ^_^
September 02, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
I honestly don't think KNC will have all these preorders filled by end of October. I haven't seen a Knc Asic chip yet, and it is already going on September. They'd have to have everything lined up just right if they expect to get chips installed on the board without any issues and everything communicating right. Not to mention to assemble all these units and then ship out all these orders by end of October, they'd need one hell of a team.

Without seeing a chip already, I'd be surprised if they'd even have a physical prototype ready by Oct 1st.

Here, make some money on your doubts:

Bitbet: KnCMiner will deliver ASIC devices before October 1st
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 02, 2013, 04:20:50 PM
...so, quite all of you are saying that I should finalize my two june KNC pre-orders (1 Jupiter + 1 Saturn), both #15xx orders ;P ;P ;P ?!?!?!?!?!

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

Unfilled pre-orders are not valid anymore. You had a bit over a week to do that in June.

My orders are still valid and in the order number queue... (plus: as KNC stated, they also have can satisfy other added orders in-time..)
If you have any SURE/VERIFIED news, please report it back and I will thank you! Wink

cheers! Smiley
If you buy now your order will be shipping in mid-November.
Yeah, the order Que is by pay date, not order number, lol.... but to answer his original question, yeah, I'd still get it.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 02, 2013, 04:17:36 PM
untill now knc
have delay
because no real photo of chips
and only a word that he will sent at end of will be ready

knc will be out of time for sure

Put your money where your mouth is:

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

It surprises me there is lil more no bets considering such optimism here
There were two more 'yes' bets today. What more do you want Tongue

Some people are clearly using it to hedge, they have orders with KNC but are betting no anyway. Either way, if KNC ships or doesn't, they lose less

Even i made an bet @ sept 1st voting YES, bought an mercury, plus some shares for 1,5 BTC for people buying KNC, i trust KNC because their european, swedish and i have a good feeling about it.

Now as far for the chips, i think they have them already but due to the high production / development costs
They are not showing it yet, because other MF could copy the basic design of the chips and they don't want that.

Maybe im talking bullshit big time here so lets call this my personal speculation (@ least an optimistic one) :-)
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 02, 2013, 04:10:53 PM
You can already set some wallets to display in default mBTC, so that's really a non-issue. It's something you'd get used to actually really quickly.

I like scientific notation... vote for all transactions denominated in Satoshi, DecaSatoshi, HectoSatoshi, KiloSatoshi, MegaSatoshi, GigaSatoshi... etc.   A single bitcoin is 100 Megasatoshi (or 10 BTC is 1 GigaSatoshi).  Though I think since there are only 21 Million BTC ever, we don't need to go higher than PetaSatoshi.

Hmm... Maybe I have to cut down on the decongestants... damn allergies.
September 02, 2013, 04:09:34 PM
untill now knc
have delay
because no real photo of chips
and only a word that he will sent at end of will be ready

knc will be out of time for sure

Put your money where your mouth is:

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

It surprises me there is lil more no bets considering such optimism here
There were two more 'yes' bets today. What more do you want Tongue

Some people are clearly using it to hedge, they have orders with KNC but are betting no anyway. Either way, if KNC ships or doesn't, they lose less.
September 02, 2013, 04:07:12 PM
...so, quite all of you are saying that I should finalize my two june KNC pre-orders (1 Jupiter + 1 Saturn), both #15xx orders ;P ;P ;P ?!?!?!?!?!

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

Unfilled pre-orders are not valid anymore. You had a bit over a week to do that in June.

My orders are still valid and in the order number queue... (plus: as KNC stated, they also have can satisfy other added orders in-time..)
If you have any SURE/VERIFIED news, please report it back and I will thank you! Wink

cheers! Smiley
If you buy now your order will be shipping in mid-November.
Activity: 280
Hell?
September 02, 2013, 04:02:50 PM
please stop double posting this news...
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
September 02, 2013, 04:02:14 PM
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-33

Store Update

As mentioned in our former newsletters, we are aware of the service we provide to our customers.

Previously we promised to set a precedent in protecting our customers’ share of the network.

Due to your overwhelming support, and part availability, we are forced to announce all new sales will now be delivered from mid-November on wards. 

All current paid orders will be shipped no later than October 15th.

All new sales will reflect our November price point of;

·         Jupiter at $4,995
·         Saturn at $2,995

Mercury has now been discontinued.

There currently exist a few unpaid orders which are marked for October delivery. If these orders remain unpaid, they will become available for purchase again, unless payment is received. The devices will then be added back into our site on a daily bases. The same procedure will also be in place for refunded orders. So keep an eye on our site for any October deliveries.

Furthermore to reduce any concerns regarding loyalty, of course we intend to acknowledge all customers that have supported us. You will all be given preferential treatment with our future generation devices.

We will not forget the support you have given us.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.
September 02, 2013, 03:59:15 PM

Price stabililty is more important than price rise for the general public.

I'm with you on that one - people are more comfortable using a currency if they have a good gut feel about what it's worth. Bitcoin is such a moving target from one month to the next at the moment - you can go on holiday and by the time you come back it's value has changed 50%. I also don't think a coin where one unit is worth several hundred dollars is doing itself any favours either. Suddenly you're talking about needing to get your heads around transactions of 0.05 or, 0.005 (where those sums actually have a real value) and it just looks so different to what you find in the fiat world. If this was the stock market, they'd just do a share split to keep the numbers down - can't do that with Bitcoin. Will it put me off? No but I do think it will slow down mass adoption.
Jump to: