Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1780. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 26, 2013, 11:30:00 AM
Never thought I would say I understand how eve or crumbs must feel.

No one may question the great and powerful KnC... err... Oz.
Activity: 532
August 26, 2013, 10:45:07 AM

I'm guessing all orders up to the end of July are due for September delivery?

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in September" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

Throwing insults around seems like the logical thing to do... Why you see the need to get personal here, I've no idea.

It's August 26. If KnC doesn't have any clue, at all, whether its possible to start shipping in early, middle or late September, then we all have some **big** problems. Expecting further detail from KnC is not being blinded by "greed and want", it's expecting a company that I have money invested in to have a cogent business plan, and expecting they'll transparently communicate that plan to those making an investment in their company. I don't see the strategic need for secrecy at this point, no competitors are capable of suddenly releasing their product 2-4 weeks early b/c of a more concrete timeline communication from KnC.

Clearly you don't understand what, why, or how they aim to achieve this.

They cannot give any concrete info regarding dates until they have their chips in hand, populate a prototype board, and apply a current...

Clearly I don't understand those things, because they haven't been communicated to me.

I like you 'rama, but there's really no need to be condescending -- that's why you run into so much dislike here on the forum. If you love KnC and want to be their cheerleader, I think that's great, but no reason to speak down to anyone else with concerns.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for error here. If something is wrong with the chips, they can't tape out again in less than a month. If something is wrong with the boards, I don't even know that new batches of boards can be printed that fast. I don't know what the variables are because KnC is being tight-lipped about the whole process, and I'm saying that we're close enough to the end that they could loosen up a bit.

Dude, I'm not being condescending. Honestly you read into that wrong.

I just understand the process. I want you too as well.

Clearly there is nothing more they would like to do, and we would all like them to do than say, "Right Boys, chips in hand, we estimate a 2 week turn around, and you're hashing".

But even if they know to expect a delivery soon, they cannot make such promises on delivery until they determine yield. That requires a board to be populated and electricity flowing through it. Further, then they can determine what heat issues may exist, from there they can determine how generous they can afford to be w.r.t. true power specs as opposed to remaining pessimistic.

They aren't tight lipped, unable to loosen up, they're being professional and not painting a rosey picture until it exists, unlike every other manufacturer promising, but failing to deliver as promised, on time, etc.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
August 26, 2013, 10:40:04 AM
If, by any chance, there would be a delay, I expect KNC do overdeliver heavily on the GH end. Easy to say, yes, but also pretty easy to do. Wink
August 26, 2013, 10:30:24 AM

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in September" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

Throwing insults around seems like the logical thing to do... Why you see the need to get personal here, I've no idea.

It's August 26. If KnC doesn't have any clue, at all, whether its possible to start shipping in early, middle or late September, then we all have some **big** problems. Expecting further detail from KnC is not being blinded by "greed and want", it's expecting a company that I have money invested in to have a cogent business plan, and expecting they'll transparently communicate that plan to those making an investment in their company. I don't see the strategic need for secrecy at this point, no competitors are capable of suddenly releasing their product 2-4 weeks early b/c of a more concrete timeline communication from KnC.

They cannot give any concrete info regarding dates until they have their chips in hand, populate a prototype board, and apply a current...

Clearly I don't understand those things, because they haven't been communicated to me.

I like you 'rama, but there's really no need to be condescending -- that's why you run into so much dislike here on the forum. If you love KnC and want to be their cheerleader, I think that's great, but no reason to speak down to anyone else with concerns.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for error here. If something is wrong with the chips, they can't tape out again in less than a month. If something is wrong with the boards, I don't even know that new batches of boards can be printed that fast. I don't know what the variables are because KnC is being tight-lipped about the whole process, and I'm saying that we're close enough to the end that they could loosen up a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
August 26, 2013, 10:26:30 AM

It's August 26. If KnC doesn't have any clue, at all, whether its possible to start shipping in early, middle or late September, then we all have some **big** problems.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkncminer.cn%2Fnews%2Fdemo-machine-shanghai%2F

in this news posted on kncminer.cn they give us two information:

- knc have just opened an office in China
- by the end of September Knc will host a demonstration of real machine mining in its China HQ

this two piece of info seems quite valuable in my opinion, aren't they?

edit 1: fix url
Activity: 532
August 26, 2013, 10:22:09 AM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 26, 2013, 10:15:56 AM
I plan on mining with my Jupiter for a few weeks and then selling it for more than I paid for it. We'll see how that works out, but I can still mine with it while trying to sell, win win.

I agree, good plan. If these will be delivered in time, a lot of BTC can be mined and you will be able to sell it immediately with good price

Yes it is amazing what people will pay for the product in hand. I just have to sell a few days before a similar product can be shipped the day it is paid for. the end of preorders.
August 26, 2013, 10:14:02 AM

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Selling Coupons Babie
August 26, 2013, 10:01:32 AM
I plan on mining with my Jupiter for a few weeks and then selling it for more than I paid for it. We'll see how that works out, but I can still mine with it while trying to sell, win win.

I agree, good plan. If these will be delivered in time, a lot of BTC can be mined and you will be able to sell it immediately with good price
Activity: 4
August 26, 2013, 09:59:13 AM

Nope, for example my order is from end of June/early July and I got from KnC staff an early October shipping statement.

I personally will make my decision around mid-September, if I´m asking for refund.
In 2 weeks, I´m probably/hopefully able to make a better estimation where difficulty goes until October/November, next increase will be interesting, further I will factor in of course, which News we get from KnC within these 2 weeks.

Still possible that shipment starts until then.
I still trust these guys, can´t explain why, it´s a gut.

I was just expecting cause of the KnC "we are ahead of schedule" statement, that they will start shipping in early September tbh.
General September delivery was their first announcement for day 1 and day 2 orders, so latest date would be 30th of September.
That they are ahead as they say, means to me, they will start shipping earlier than 30th of September.

My order should be shipped cause of the saved time then already at the end of September.

Anyways, no one knows, the next 2 weeks will be really exciting ones.

-M4g!c
August 26, 2013, 09:55:28 AM

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in Spetember" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.
Activity: 210
August 26, 2013, 09:48:50 AM

Polite version:

But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go oft awry,
And leave us not but grief and pain,
For promised joy!
--Robert Burns

Less polite version:

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face --Mike Tyson
Activity: 142
Hive/Ethereum
August 26, 2013, 09:30:31 AM

With the quickly-rising difficulty, I don't know that people will be willing to pay even purchase price... especially with manufacturers dropping price as time marches on.
Activity: 28
August 26, 2013, 09:11:44 AM
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2013, 08:51:48 AM
Here is my prediction (saw a dream last night Tongue) -
KnC delivers as promised. For 1 month they are the new ASIC celebrity.

Then US and China sandwich them. For people on September orders all good.
October orders not good at all IMO. November too far away, probably KnC would be out by then.

I would advice October customers for refund, buy Labcoin!

While you wait for your money printing machines, I already doubled once, bought back and now more than double up again.

All is gambling here after all Tongue

Yes we all want to make klee rich! That is the goal!

Tell that to Yifu!
Activity: 752
August 26, 2013, 08:47:41 AM
All I care about is when are they going to be at my door, what's the power supply, and what are the command lines?  I will not be surprised if they ship the last two days of September for days 1 & 2. Then hold off all October orders until the last week of October to ship.  That way the people who took the risk with early orders reap the rewards of their risk.
Activity: 798
August 26, 2013, 08:41:16 AM
Sitting in the same boat with my right after day 2 order 2xxx, according to KNC, early October shipment.

October customers are pretty much toast how it seems, September buyers will make their ROI (assuming they start shipping in mid-september) and in November devices according to KNC´s statement will cost a lot less.

Imo, KNC should figure something out for customers who are sitting in this October sandwich, to honour the trust these folks showed with pre-ordering, at least if they start shipping late, .

I´m also wondering about, why KNC can´t (or they won´t?) tell excact shipping dates.
That´s especially for the October customers very important to know.
This is incredibly important.

Say your October order doesn't ship until 29th October. KNC massive price drop starts on November 1st. You order November 1st and you get it delivered November 3rd. So the late October orders will have probably cost, at a guess, $3000 more for only 5 days extra usage!

If you pay current price and get it that late that few days is the least of your worries.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/1fdbbad2a6

According to the "KnCMiner list of orders", the last order in July was
distelgt   48xx   30 July

Of the 48xx order, let's guess that 3000 are fully paid for and in the order queue.

KNC have stated they can shift couple hundred units a day. So let's say 200 for the sake of argument. Considering they have to assemble and burn them in for at least 10 minutes each, this might be a generous estimate.

To ship all 3000 orders in September, they need to start shipping on 15th September.

If they don't work weekends, they need to start shipping 9th September.

If they don't start shipping until say 20th September, October orders are going to be mid to very late October  Shocked

And as M4g!c suggests, that means pretty much no chance of ROI for October orders.
legendary
Activity: 1498
August 26, 2013, 08:28:39 AM
Here is my prediction (saw a dream last night Tongue) -
KnC delivers as promised. For 1 month they are the new ASIC celebrity.

Then US and China sandwich them. For people on September orders all good.
October orders not good at all IMO. November too far away, probably KnC would be out by then.

I would advice October customers for refund, buy Labcoin!

While you wait for your money printing machines, I already doubled once, bought back and now more than double up again.

All is gambling here after all Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
August 26, 2013, 08:14:08 AM
The .cn Update from 21. of August is a different than the .com version.

http://kncminer.cn/news/demo-machine-shanghai/

FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:

We will present you a genuine Shanghai Machine

In the end of September, we will present you in Shanghai genuine machine, then you will be able to experience the performance of the mining machine. If you want to be invited to visit the site, please register by QQ or mail. We will be randomly selected among all participants in September intimate contact with the prototype of places!

Refund Policy

Our regional headquarters in China was established only recently, but we still ensure that every user can get the best service. We understand that there are questions in the bitcoin community voices, so we are responsible to convey to you a clear and honest attitude is extremely important.

For recently received the order, we will arrange the shipment before the end of October. If we fail in a given time of delivery, the purchase price will be refunded. Please keep your proof of purchase for a refund instant access to your ordering information.

clever! I haven't even thought about monitoring chinese knc domain for changes, kudos.

Activity: 218
August 26, 2013, 08:06:15 AM
The .cn Update from 21. of August is a different than the .com version.

http://kncminer.cn/news/demo-machine-shanghai/

FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:

We will present you a genuine Shanghai Machine

In the end of September, we will present you in Shanghai genuine machine, then you will be able to experience the performance of the mining machine. If you want to be invited to visit the site, please register by QQ or mail. We will be randomly selected among all participants in September intimate contact with the prototype of places!

Refund Policy

Our regional headquarters in China was established only recently, but we still ensure that every user can get the best service. We understand that there are questions in the bitcoin community voices, so we are responsible to convey to you a clear and honest attitude is extremely important.

For recently received the order, we will arrange the shipment before the end of October. If we fail in a given time of delivery, the purchase price will be refunded. Please keep your proof of purchase for a refund instant access to your ordering information.
Jump to: