Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1779. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 26, 2013, 03:47:33 PM

I'm guessing all orders up to the end of July are due for September delivery?

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in Spetember" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

No, not greed ..our decision to order a rig was based on estimates of many and various things, one of which was how trustworthy and competent KnC were...almost everything else has turned out to be bad for our situation even if KnC deliver as they said, difficulty particularly. When money and/or business is concerned the bottom line is never to stick to an investment that you needn't and lose money. These machines do one thing, make money. If they lose money then regardless of how KnC perform we aren't greedy to see a loss and walk away. It's common sense.
Some may not, some people may look upon the whole thing differently and stick with it.

KnC said from the get go that they weren't going for a massive customer base, more for quality and ROI for a smaller group that they could support. That part of their promise is a massive fail / lie even now...you don't need a referal system to keep something the way they implied they wanted, they are going balls out for sales until and after such sales will benefit any customers, and as has been already said here...people who find their rig cost them thousands more than the guy who came late to the party by a week...that's going to hurt. Instant devaluation of something you bought within a week..that's nasty. Unless you can think of another brand new in the box item that isn't worth the price you paid a week later because the manufacturer sells them for so much less than you paid?

I think they have a solid company and are maybe going to prove themselves the best supplier...but still they have no chance in this market and nor do we. Greed IS involved...the whole ASIC revolution was greed, and it's the goose that sat on the golden egg and destroyed it for most miners.

“Margins upon margins upon margins is what we do,” said Sam Cole, co-founder of KnCMiner, explaining his design philosophy. “There is wriggle room for lots of things.”

The board has been overspecced by 30-40% for extra heat and power consumption, according to Cole. This could enable the chip to be overclocked, he adds.

The company is still on track to receive its chips in September. “It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

Timmers, when I met the, KnC were well aware competition would be hot on their heels and they would have to be ready for that. They had the foresight to hit 28nm, play the safely, safely approach to promises to a burnt audience and predict that 400gh/s+ would be required for Jupiter.

You will bet more than 400gh/s out of Jupiter, they will be on time.

What they didn't predict was that neither BFL or Avalon would be. Actually scrap that they thought BFL would deliver more than they have by September, but no one foresaw Bitsyncom royally screwing over the entire community.

This is not a company lying about specs or proposed delivery time to gamble your funds. They have offered you a full refund the entire way. No one else does that. They have a design firm that owns the largest opensource IC community on the net, and over ten years of FPGA and ASIC design. No one else has that.

I'm not fussed until the end of Sept, then I'll start chewing my nails, but not because I won't see my cash again, either way this goes, I'm cool, no other company gives you the chance to relax this much, so enjoy the ride.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2013, 03:44:28 PM
I think this is how most professional companies would've approached it as well as it announces it to all their customers at once, rather than telling one customer one thing and the next another.
Very true. But it's something they could put in their newsletter if the are certain they will ship mid Sept and clear all orders in 3 weeks. It would put customers minds at ease to know this.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.
August 26, 2013, 03:27:37 PM
i will make also a company
i will take your money with pre-order
and then i will go for holidays to vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on guys
does any good lawyer here at forum
to stop all these companies
THEY HAD TAKE OUR MONEYS

It is everyone decision if he want to play preorder game.
I dont so I dont risk.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 26, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in Spetember" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

No, not greed ..our decision to order a rig was based on estimates of many and various things, one of which was how trustworthy and competent KnC were...almost everything else has turned out to be bad for our situation even if KnC deliver as they said, difficulty particularly. When money and/or business is concerned the bottom line is never to stick to an investment that you needn't and lose money. These machines do one thing, make money. If they lose money then regardless of how KnC perform we aren't greedy to see a loss and walk away. It's common sense.
Some may not, some people may look upon the whole thing differently and stick with it.

KnC said from the get go that they weren't going for a massive customer base, more for quality and ROI for a smaller group that they could support. That part of their promise is a massive fail / lie even now...you don't need a referal system to keep something the way they implied they wanted, they are going balls out for sales until and after such sales will benefit any customers, and as has been already said here...people who find their rig cost them thousands more than the guy who came late to the party by a week...that's going to hurt. Instant devaluation of something you bought within a week..that's nasty. Unless you can think of another brand new in the box item that isn't worth the price you paid a week later because the manufacturer sells them for so much less than you paid?

I think they have a solid company and are maybe going to prove themselves the best supplier...but still they have no chance in this market and nor do we. Greed IS involved...the whole ASIC revolution was greed, and it's the goose that sat on the golden egg and destroyed it for most miners.

Don't blame KnC because of the network.. Do you have any idea how many orders have been paid for through KnC? Not that many compared to others..

You made a decision to pre-order like the rest of us. Not knowing what the network would be like when the rigs were completed would (Should) have been part of the decision. There is no reason to be on the forums ranting about KnC.

Who's ranting you knob? Can you read at all? Or do you just see the bits that suit you? Balance grasshopper...see it all. I can't even be arsed to point out what a dickhead reply that was.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 26, 2013, 03:17:08 PM
Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.
KNC are a funny bunch. They won't tell their customers - who have spent millions of dollars - when they expect to deliver. But they will tell some crappy news website Grin

Seems like a good way to keep the rumor mill from blowing up.

I think this is how most professional companies would've approached it as well as it announces it to all their customers at once, rather than telling one customer one thing and the next another.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 26, 2013, 03:16:51 PM

Don't blame KnC because of the network.. Do you have any idea how many orders have been paid for through KnC? Not that many compared to others..

You made a decision to pre-order like the rest of us. Not knowing what the network would be like when the rigs were completed would (Should) have been part of the decision. There is no reason to be on the forums ranting about KnC.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 26, 2013, 03:12:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
August 26, 2013, 03:10:00 PM
i will make also a company
i will take your money with pre-order
and then i will go for holidays to vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on guys
does any good lawyer here at forum
to stop all these companies
THEY HAD TAKE OUR MONEYS
Activity: 798
August 26, 2013, 03:03:09 PM
Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.
KNC are a funny bunch. They won't tell their customers - who have spent millions of dollars - when they expect to deliver. But they will tell some crappy news website Grin
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 26, 2013, 01:53:36 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-takes-delivery-of-asic-boards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

That sounds really really good. Lets pray for the hope of our wallets :-)

Yup ,we know from what he stated it wont be early September so were looking at mid/late September delivery.

“It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September."

Its getting close to crunch time, good times.
In customers hands in September. WOW!  I'm so nervous I'll miss the UPS guy!!!  I'll have to drive to the warehouse and make them find it.  I'm never home for UPS, ugh!!  So nervous!  

If you have a UPS store in your area (or neighbor you trust) you can use "My UPS" (on UPS website) to redirect a package.  There is a fee, I think it is $5.  You need to signup but you can't redirect a package until you have the tracking number.  If interested I would sign up now to avoid any problems.  The bad news is sometimes I have found you either can't redirect a package or it will show the redirect won't arrive until the next morning.  Not sure if this is an option set by the shipper.  Last time I used it was over a year ago so maybe it is better now.

If you really want to be sure open a PO Box at a UPS store and update your delivery address with KNC.  The UPS store will sign for any packages (not just UPS but any carrier including USPS) and send you a text message when you have a package.  You can get the smallest box because they will sign and hold packages of any size.  You never have to worry about not being there to sign packages or packages going missing from your front porch.  Given the value of one day of mining in Sept it might be worth it to ensure you get the package first day.

In hindsight this post looks like a UPS infomercial.  To counter balance the pro-UPS hype here is a spoof of UPS (why you always seem to miss the UPS guy).  http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6381207/how-ups-deliveries-actually-work
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
August 26, 2013, 01:38:30 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-takes-delivery-of-asic-boards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

Yup ,we know from what he stated it wont be early September so were looking at mid/late September delivery.

“It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September."

In customers hands in September. WOW!  I'm so nervous I'll miss the UPS guy!!!  I'll have to drive to the warehouse and make them find it.  I'm never home for UPS, ugh!!  So nervous! 
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 26, 2013, 01:17:23 PM

Exactly, good man.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
August 26, 2013, 01:16:44 PM
scared money don't make money interesting seeing the people squirm at the chance of KNC being late when we all knew there was a 90% chance of them doing so.

Good news is that with difficulty sky rocketing btc has been stable.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
August 26, 2013, 01:06:24 PM

legendary
LIR DEV
August 26, 2013, 12:41:22 PM
OMG you will kil BFL ,..nooooo
I'm really "broken up" about that.... really
BFL customers are like deaf folks chasing a fake c-note in the wind... You can tell them all day it's not as advertised, they won't listen, because they can't.
I tried to tell them back in April the products wouldn't be caught up this year...
"They will begin shipping in Two Weeks"... Hahahahah
It's like, how many times do you need to be lied to before you see they were lying?
And now; Monarch.
They never once mentioned a "Bull run" or deliveries in Jan/Feb until they had a sufficient amount of folks duped into "Upgrading".  It was all "November/December" shipping". Now, It's February!!???
It jumped from November, to February, that's 4 friggin months gap!!!
Enough time to redesign a whole new chip to run!
BFL has truly shown themselves to be dishonest in almost every aspect.
Not even a caveman could be wrong 100% of the time, so how was/is BFL?
I'll tell you....  LIARS, CHEATERS & MANIPULATORS. Simple as that.
In the shoutbox, BFL customers are like a pit of Vipers in denial.
Imagine you ordered a mini-rig in June/July 2013.(See I must add the year)
Now you'd be faced with upgrade to Monarch, or total loss.
This is the type of tactics they employ.
I'ts an age-old tactic taught in Business 101, called "Bait & Switch."
I hope BFL gets their pants sued off, they deserve it imho for what they did so so many kids & adults alike.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
August 26, 2013, 12:15:46 PM

Activity: 837
August 26, 2013, 12:12:42 PM
OMG you will kil BFL ,..nooooo
legendary
LIR DEV
August 26, 2013, 11:56:52 AM
I would really like the Genesis Block to change their monthly calculations and base them on the difficulty jumps (bi-weekly) instead.  I know I could do it myself, but I'm lazy and it seems to make more sense to perform the calculations in those increments anyway.  
Diffchanges are indeed based on two weeks as a base, but when 2016 blocks are found BEFORE 2 weeks, there is a rise in diff, If it took longer than 2 weeks, there would be a diff-drop. Recently, diffs have been taking 9-10 days, so For genesis to use 2 weeks as a base time wouldn't help any. It's just about as accurate as it can be...   for an educated guess...
except...
... every diffchange, the total network hashrate grows, as shown, but what is not accounted for, is that with every diffchange, it would take a vendor to deliver more & more machines to keep up with the increase rate. With that in mind, there surely will be a point at which the diff will decrease; or at least slow to a crawl...but I don't see that happening within the next few months.

Right now, using 3 diffs per month to calc is fairly accurate.
Activity: 198
August 26, 2013, 11:34:51 AM
I would really like the Genesis Block to change their monthly calculations and base them on the difficulty jumps (bi-weekly) instead.  I know I could do it myself, but I'm lazy and it seems to make more sense to perform the calculations in those increments anyway.  
Activity: 427
August 26, 2013, 11:32:50 AM
You can be questioning all you are wanting, but you not in position to be telling KNC how to running their business.  When having own business, can be doing things the way you thinking they should be doing.  But not getting to tell other businesses how to, they doing what THEY thinking is best because is their business.
Jump to: