Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1797. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 22, 2013, 02:27:50 PM
I've spoken personally to a couple people now about their dealings with TerraHash as well and it's not favorable at all?  What is going to happen, people like Intel and Samsung coming in and crushing all the small time players?  I am just looking for my small piece of the pie here.

Just buy bitcoins then. Or buy from a company that has stock in hand already, like bitfury. If you want to take a risk and invest into a pre-order I would suggest going with KnC. Also make sure you check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 22, 2013, 02:25:11 PM
I've spoken personally to a couple people now about their dealings with TerraHash as well and it's not favorable at all?  What is going to happen, people like Intel and Samsung coming in and crushing all the small time players?  I am just looking for my small piece of the pie here.
Activity: 117
August 22, 2013, 02:20:44 PM
So what is the bottom line with this company?  Does everyone feel they are going to turn into another BFL debacle?

no
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 22, 2013, 02:18:19 PM
So what is the bottom line with this company?  Does everyone feel they are going to turn into another BFL debacle?
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
August 22, 2013, 12:47:16 PM
No doubt Asics are going to get cheap as hell.  It's just like the microwave, cell phone, and plasma tv all over again.

So any word on script for these beasts?  Probably not.

Edit:  Just read last page, nevermind.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 22, 2013, 12:16:08 PM
Have you checked this thread? Thousands of $ for a few weekly ad spots on this forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273242.20

Honestly - I don't like it too much.

What exactly is it that you don't like? They probably took in well over $10m so far in orders - even they spent $100K on advertising, that couldn't terribly affect the customer price per unit - probably less than $20/unit.

I don't like too much seeing pre-order based companies spending big amounts of their customer's money (which have not received any device yet) to suck in more pre-order customers. It's not illegal, its not unethical unless there are huge delays, as per BFL, but honestly I don't like it.

Plus, +$1,500 for a weekly slot on this forum is simply retarded.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 22, 2013, 12:12:53 PM
Have you checked this thread? Thousands of $ for a few weekly ad spots on this forum.

What exactly is it that you don't like? They probably took in well over $10m so far in orders - even they spent $100K on advertising, that couldn't terribly affect the customer price per unit - probably less than $20/unit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 22, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

Anyone know how much the guy offering to triple your BTC paid for his slots?
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
August 22, 2013, 11:36:45 AM

10 slots at 15BTC each (will reach it probably) = 18K USD
I wish I was the owner if this forum  Grin

Don't worry, theymos will tell you it costs at least 10k/month to host this forum. (lol)

Don't worry, the projected US$660,000 per year in ad sales will cover that.  The words MONEY GRUBBING and DISCRIMINATION comes to mind. The words COMMUNITY doesn't.

Sad
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 22, 2013, 11:24:13 AM

Don't worry, theymos will tell you it costs at least 10k/month to host this forum. (lol)
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 22, 2013, 11:16:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 22, 2013, 11:13:08 AM

Activity: 116
August 22, 2013, 10:40:10 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, this and more this!!!  Please be aware of which connectors you are using and use only separate 'lines'.

Too much current through those paltry 18AWG wires will burn them out!!!

With a name like 'Cablez', I'd presume you're the expert! Wink

Grin

Seems he really is
Activity: 532
August 22, 2013, 10:37:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, this and more this!!!  Please be aware of which connectors you are using and use only separate 'lines'.

With a name like 'Cablez', I'd presume you're the expert! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
August 22, 2013, 10:26:09 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 22, 2013, 09:34:51 AM
This is needed  Wink

Not for most PSU.  The quick and easy check is to look at the PCIe power cable.  Does it have two connectors one one "string"?  If so then using a splitter doesn't really do anything

Code:
PSU ------------------- PCIE connector 1     <----- use only this connector
                     |
                     ---- PCIE connector 2            <----- don't use this connector, use another wire for a 2nd connection (wrap me with electrical tape)

The connector can handle more current than is needed so it is just a question of "can the PSU push enough current to the connector".

You could use a splitter to connect the connector 1 & 2 in diagram above but the same amount of current is flowing through the cable regardless.  If a board pulls 20A then at the point marked * it will have 20A of current regardless of if you are using a splitter or not.

So for four connections it would be something like this

Code:
|---|
|   |------------------- PCIE connector 1a     <----- Connection #1
|   |               |
|   |               ---- PCIE connector 1b     <----- Don't use me
|   |
|   |------------------- PCIE connector 2a     <----- Connection #2
|   |               |
|   |               ---- PCIE connector 2b     <----- Don't use me
| P |
| S |------------------- PCIE connector 3a     <----- Connection #3
| U |               |
|   |               ---- PCIE connector 3b     <----- Don't use me
|   |
|   |------------------- PCIE connector 4a     <----- Connection #4
|   |               |
|   |               ---- PCIE connector 4b     <----- Don't use me
|---|

Each set of wires is carrying no more than 1/4th of the total load. So 1000W / 4 =  250W / 12V = 20.83A / 3 conductors = 6.94A per conductor which is below the limit for both the wire and the connector. 
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 22, 2013, 09:34:33 AM
Yep still heard nothing from them.
So I guess main line cgminer support wont be happening ...
Already looking for a freebie, again, Kano?

(I am reading up on KNC. Impressive developments so far. Nothing to complain about as of yet.)

Can't really fault him for that - it's nearly impossible to support hardware without having it physically, unless there is extremely detailed documentation available, then it become just "very difficult."
Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
August 22, 2013, 09:29:31 AM
BUT on the other hand, they didn't try to get at my money like a potential scam most likely would have....so all in all postive.

Answers? Only 15 bucks upfront!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
August 22, 2013, 09:28:50 AM

(I am reading up on KNC. Impressive developments so far. Nothing to complain about as of yet.)
You are so jealous!
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
August 22, 2013, 09:27:26 AM

Jump to: