Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1865. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 09, 2013, 11:15:49 PM
Just changed one of my units from shipping to hosted.  Estimating that it will take 5 days to ship to the USA, hosting will pay (or almost pay) for itself within that time.  Every minute counts, but in 6 months taking it offline to ship will not be an issue.

It only took about 2 days to ship my Avalon B2 from China. Airplanes can get anything pretty much anywhere in the world in less then 24 hours.

True that too, I'm not too worried about shipping time TBH.

That's why I did 1 out of 3 of my units.  Trying to remove risk where possible.  I wish I knew how long it would take to ship and I could guarantee that there will be no shipping delays.   For me, this feels like a good fit.  Have two sent to me and have 1 hashing on day 1.

It will be really weird in 6 months if the unit is making less than the hosting costs!  Is that even possible?  I really hope that won't be the case but I guess it is possible.  (Contract ends and I just tell them to toss it...) 

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 11:03:04 PM
Will I be right with KNC's $129 shipping to Australia? Do I need to worry about Customs or anything like that? I'll do my own research, but any advice is appreciated if you've shipped before. I haven't shipped anything this large internationally.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 10:42:03 PM
Just changed one of my units from shipping to hosted.  Estimating that it will take 5 days to ship to the USA, hosting will pay (or almost pay) for itself within that time.  Every minute counts, but in 6 months taking it offline to ship will not be an issue.

It only took about 2 days to ship my Avalon B2 from China. Airplanes can get anything pretty much anywhere in the world in less then 24 hours.

For a bit extra cash, there's always the 'Stockholm Express' sameday European delivery;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwicTKbWam4

Grin
August 09, 2013, 10:40:18 PM

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 09, 2013, 10:35:07 PM

August 09, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

That sounds like a mighty fine smart move, however, I'm eager to feel and see the unit too, so I'm a little lopsided on that one. Maybe I should make it hosted, feck, something else to think about! Cheesy
August 09, 2013, 10:18:27 PM

Activity: 252
August 09, 2013, 10:16:02 PM
Cointerra comes out with 350W chip doing 500gh and they didn't get half the shit, doubt, and dire that KNC got for claiming 100gh @ 250W max per chip Tongue
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 10:13:55 PM
When you think about it, how many people were swayed by all the info Bitcoinorama posted at preorder time.  If everything goes well and Sept/Oct units have shipped-- I think KNC should add a survey to the website and ask 'Did Bitcoinorama's postings help you decide to purchase' and give that man 1 unit!  It's only fair. 

Smiley

Goddamn took me hours! If their giving away 1 per 10, I probably made the choice a lot easier for most of their custom, certainly since been threatened to be blamed for anything by almost everybody. Undecided
August 09, 2013, 10:09:23 PM
I just hope 100GHS is stlil enough to be a player in the game come the end of October when our unit is proposed to ship. Anyone? Also, slightly off topic again, what's the best profitability calculator you've used, or do you have your own?

Predictions on the next difficulty level, it has to happen very soon, or now, doesn't it?

Smiley

next difficulty level (+30% in 4 days) : http://allchains.info

I think the best calculator is http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ but it has some issues...  u can take the info and put it in a spreadsheet then make custom tweaks...

The thing I have an issue with, is how the network speed impacts the difficulty level and our ROI, although, I'm presuming it's pretty easy. The more terra-hashes on the network, the quicker we reach increased difficulty levels, the less our machines can profit. So, I shan't be worrying too much about the network speed, rather just focus my calculations on the difficulty level alone?

Thanks,
J

The difficulty is based on the network speed.  but yea.  Just worry about the difficulty level, your hash rate, cost, and start date.  Every time difficulty goes up 30%, your ROI goes down 30%  =)    If the difficulty was recalculated every day it would look more like the network speed graph but thank god it is not and you get 2016 blocks at that level.

August 09, 2013, 10:02:17 PM
I just hope 100GHS is stlil enough to be a player in the game come the end of October when our unit is proposed to ship. Anyone? Also, slightly off topic again, what's the best profitability calculator you've used, or do you have your own?

Predictions on the next difficulty level, it has to happen very soon, or now, doesn't it?

Smiley

I think the best calculator is http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ but it has some issues...  u can take the info and put it in a spreadsheet then make custom tweaks...

The thing I have an issue with, is how the network speed impacts the difficulty level and our ROI, although, I'm presuming it's pretty easy. The more terra-hashes on the network, the quicker we reach increased difficulty levels, the less our machines can profit. So, I shan't be worrying too much about the network speed, rather just focus my calculations on the difficulty level alone?

Thanks,
J
August 09, 2013, 09:57:53 PM
When you think about it, how many people were swayed by all the info Bitcoinorama posted at preorder time.  If everything goes well and Sept/Oct units have shipped-- I think KNC should add a survey to the website and ask 'Did Bitcoinorama's postings help you decide to purchase' and give that man 1 unit!  It's only fair. 

Smiley

Activity: 173
August 09, 2013, 09:46:07 PM
I just read the newsletter and the news posted here, if they will deliver units that hash higher than 400GH/s AND early this will practically turn them into legends around here Grin.

I think the correct etiquette to claim a miracle involves a letter to his holiness the pope? Wink

Indeed  Cheesy, although I will be happy to pass this honor to our own Bitcoinorama if/when it happens!
August 09, 2013, 09:43:33 PM

Smiley

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 09, 2013, 09:42:20 PM
I just read the newsletter and the news posted here, if they will deliver units that hash higher than 400GH/s AND early this will practically turn them into legends around here Grin.

I think the correct etiquette to claim a miracle involves a letter to his holiness the pope? Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 09, 2013, 09:36:20 PM

Please sir have my like  Grin
Activity: 173
August 09, 2013, 09:35:09 PM
August 09, 2013, 09:30:38 PM

Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 09, 2013, 09:10:11 PM
I'm going to refer myself retroactively.

You are making 10 orders?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 09:06:20 PM
I'm going to refer myself retroactively.
Jump to: