Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1867. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 05:11:09 PM
Im not one for conspiracy theories, but does the whole update seems reactionary to hashfast? Seems odd to restate hashrate when you don't have a chip, no? Its not like they could have re-engineered the chip after tape-out (since that was done already right?)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 04:59:01 PM
Jupiter hashrate will exceed 400 GH!

Under promise, over deliver. Hopefully on time.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 04:57:15 PM
Jupiter hashrate will exceed 400 GH!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 04:50:52 PM
NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!!

KnCMiner Newsletter

5k for november

And the price wars begin. lol.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 09, 2013, 04:45:53 PM
NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!!

KnCMiner Newsletter
August 09, 2013, 04:44:44 PM
Newsletter just emailed;

--

It’s time again for another newsletter from us. Today’s newsletter will have the following sections

1.  Reseller agreement
2.  November Pricing
3.  Development progress
4.  Hosting update
5.  Pre-configuration options
6.  Upgrade removal

Reseller agreement

We would like to announce the beginning of our reward based reseller program. Anyone can become a registered reseller of our devices. The rewards are simple, for every 10 sales of one individual device you will receive one of the same items for free. For example, provide us with 10 Jupiter sales and we will ship you a complete Jupiter free of charge. Sell 10 Saturn’s and we will ship you a Saturn free of charge the same applies for Mercury devices.

It’s that simple!

To register as a reseller simply contact [email protected] . We will then provide you with a reseller ID, and then all you have to do is get people to click on a special link in the format of

https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=xxx Where xxx = your reseller ID number.

You are free to advertise your own personal link on any site/forum/portal you wish. We will soon be providing an online report where you can view your sales, but for now please contact [email protected] and we can provide you with a sales report.
We will also be providing sample banners and images shortly. All registered resellers will receive a copy of the banners when available.

November pricing

With difficulty increasing the way it is, we would like to give an indication of a November price drop. Currently all orders placed and paid for will ship in October, and yes, we still have space within October for more orders. However, as soon as this is no longer the case we will adjust our prices for November accordingly.

To give you an indication on the forthcoming price drop a Jupiter device will cost less than 5000 USD. More information will follow on this when October shipping becomes full.

Development progress

While we wait for the chips to finish production, we have some news on the development progress, and it’s good news. We have been continuously testing our design to get the best out of the chips. We would like to say, that while the spec of Jupiter will remain a guaranteed minimum 400 GH/s we can confirm that we are expecting to be over that mark by a considerable margin.

Hosting update
Hosting has become quite popular and we are filling up fast for September and October devices. Space is becoming limited, so for those of you wanting to host with us we recommend you order hosting as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Pre-Configuration Options

There has been a small update made to our webshop. You will now have the option to enter your Pool preferences with wallet address and/or worker Name ID. We would like to invite all customers who wish to preconfigure their devices to return to the site, login to our shop and enter your details. The new fields can be found under the “my account” page.For people with orders of multiple devices who wish to preconfigure, you can enter one [worker name] we will then add _[xx]  which will be automatically configured on all of your devices before they leave our factory. This means that all you have to do is plug them in and walk away.

Upgrade removal

For people wishing to take advantage of our current upgrade process you have one more week left, as of next Friday this option will no longer be available to any customers.

Thanks
KnCMiner team

follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2013 KNCMiner, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have opted in at our website. www.kncminer.com.
Our mailing address is:
KNCMiner
Regeringsgatan 111
Stockholm 111 39
Sweden

Add us to your address book
Activity: 616
August 09, 2013, 04:14:30 PM
Whether these things start shipping at the beginning/end of the month is going to make a huge difference....
I don't think you'll get your precious monies back in either case
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 02:44:32 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, but has no impact emotionally...  Andreas was too doggone chipper & receptive during our surprise conference call for there to be any problems IMHO.
We were even told to feel free to call back any time we want to ask Questions. He instantly answered Questions with fast, long, expletive answers like a waitress topping up a bottomless cup of coffee! I slept better than I have in weeks. If you are a customer with concerns, it's worth the effort to call. This isn't anything like any other ASIC company I've called, (or attempted to call) Naysayers & doubters... Call them yourselves, or Go take a Valium & lay down!  Grin

This forum lacks a like button, so quoted instead.
+1
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 09, 2013, 02:41:15 PM
"You can request a full refund on your order before shipping starts."

I understand that as when shipping for my own order starts, not when shipping for all orders start.
It doesn't make any sense to close the refund window in September, when shipping for the first unit start, does it?
August 09, 2013, 02:37:25 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, but has no impact emotionally...  Andreas was too doggone chipper & receptive during our surprise conference call for there to be any problems IMHO.
We were even told to feel free to call back any time we want to ask Questions. He instantly answered Questions with fast, long, expletive answers like a waitress topping up a bottomless cup of coffee! I slept better than I have in weeks. If you are a customer with concerns, it's worth the effort to call. This isn't anything like any other ASIC company I've called, (or attempted to call) Naysayers & doubters... Call them yourselves, or Go take a Valium & lay down!  Grin

J**** F****** C**** thank you! How many times have I said do just that instead of crying scam?!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 09, 2013, 02:37:21 PM
Whether these things start shipping at the beginning/end of the month is going to make a huge difference....

It is. It's going to murder sale of any off the shelf rigs too. Who's going to buy a rig in mid - October that will never break even?
It's maybe more in their interest to be speedy than ours.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 09, 2013, 02:19:21 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, but has no impact emotionally...  Andreas was too doggone chipper & receptive during our surprise conference call (Hawaii/Toowoomba/Stockholm)for there to be any problems IMHO.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 02:16:44 PM

That is exactly my concern I have asked knc if they can specify First or Second part of October for new orders. here is the reply:

"...New paid order are expected to ship in October. We cannot provide a more exact date than that at the moment.
Let us know if you have further questions.
Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards

Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20"

so my next question was will they issue a refund if they could not ship by the mid October. here is the reply.

"... You can request a refund on orders up until shipping starts.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20"

so, if they start shipment in September and your unit is not shipped in late October (if you order now) you cannot get refund.  Sad
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
August 09, 2013, 01:30:51 PM
Activity: 143
August 09, 2013, 01:21:24 PM
We discussed earlier in the thread, the actual monthly rise has been 62% rather than 75, but using 75% will keep you on the safe side when considering mining equipment.

While it is true that exponential growth is not sustainable in the long run, we still don't know what does this "long run" mean for the ASICs. For all we know this growth is going to maintain for a while. ASICMiner has just announced new stock on all their products, AVALON has about 1 million chips (300 TH) in the verge of distributing, KnCMiner is supposed to start shipping in September, and then AVALON has announced Gen 2 chips on-stock (not pre-orders) for mid october and parallel development of Gen 3 and 4 chips simultaneously. Then we have Cointerra announcing a 500GH/s chip for mid october. And this is just to mention major players... At this rate not only buyers of mining equipment will be screwed with their ROI but also many manufacturers as well, when they'll have to sell their equipment at discount rates.

I have my doubts that KnCMiners shipped in Late october or early november will recoup the investment, and if they will, they will make minimum gains.

That 75% increase was the actual rise for the last month. Not an estimate. I didn't believe it either until I ran the numbers. I agree with what you say though, scary times ahead. Hopefully the value of BTC will rise enough to provide a boost. More people must end up buying them than currently happens when they become uneconomical to mine.

There's going to be a lot of people with 1000 watt hosted hoovers lol

75% was not the actual rise for the last month, it was the actual rise of the last three difficulty adjustments altogether (between dif 21335329.11 to 37392766.13 –blocks 245952 to 249984–) which took place in 34.8 days > that accounts for a rise of 75.26%.

The actual average monthly rate (30.4 days) for last month of difficulty adjustment was 63% with an average 1.62% daily rise. This rate has been very much the same at least since May 25th. Although this next difficulty adjustment is going to be way beyond the average 20.6% of difficulty increase per period of the last months.

August 09, 2013, 01:05:52 PM
We discussed earlier in the thread, the actual monthly rise has been 62% rather than 75, but using 75% will keep you on the safe side when considering mining equipment.

While it is true that exponential growth is not sustainable in the long run, we still don't know what does this "long run" mean for the ASICs. For all we know this growth is going to maintain for a while. ASICMiner has just announced new stock on all their products, AVALON has about 1 million chips (300 TH) in the verge of distributing, KnCMiner is supposed to start shipping in September, and then AVALON has announced Gen 2 chips on-stock (not pre-orders) for mid october and parallel development of Gen 3 and 4 chips simultaneously. Then we have Cointerra announcing a 500GH/s chip for mid october. And this is just to mention major players... At this rate not only buyers of mining equipment will be screwed with their ROI but also many manufacturers as well, when they'll have to sell their equipment at discount rates.

I have my doubts that KnCMiners shipped in Late october or early november will recoup the investment, and if they will, they will make minimum gains.

That 75% increase was the actual rise for the last month. Not an estimate. I didn't believe it either until I ran the numbers. I agree with what you say though, scary times ahead. Hopefully the value of BTC will rise enough to provide a boost. More people must end up buying them than currently happens when they become uneconomical to mine.

There's going to be a lot of people with 1000 watt hosted hoovers lol
Activity: 143
August 09, 2013, 12:59:08 PM

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
August 09, 2013, 12:57:46 PM
I don't think percentages are a good way to estimate future difficulties. Moving from 10M to 20M is very different than moving from 100M to 200M, yet they are both 100% increases.

You should make a few guesses regarding the amount of hashing power that will enter the network during that period and calculate difficulty based on it.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 09, 2013, 12:56:19 PM
August 09, 2013, 12:30:54 PM
I don't know, my calculations show it looking pretty good.

Anyone using a percentage past the first month isn't using logic.

We MIGHT see a max a 75M Difficulty increase every month (Obviously not the first couple months until BFL Bitfury and Avalon get their act together.)

That image shows the REAL increase for the month up to date 75%. What new hashpower leapt onto the scene to make that happen compared to the stuff we all know is about to come online in the next couple of months (and possibly some we know nothing about which are private projects)?

Granted this kind of increase isn't likely to be indefinite, but as KnC plan a next gen in march and prices drop and other will be planning new gen stuff too...it's not looking to me that it's going to slow in the next 6 months at least.

Look at the figures in that image for the projected difficulty in March and onwards. Massive.

Logic is exactly what is being used. Rather than wild optimism. Use the most reliable figures you know to estimate the future performance, the shelf life of the current batch of KnC miners isn't long at all.

What would be good to know is how accurate that calculator has been with something actually hashing, like a BFL Jally...given historical difficulty figures. I can't find anyone who's done that Sad

I think that we're close to the point where the risk of buying a pre-order rig that may at best just break even, or an off the shelf rig that's already struggling vs just buying BTC and knowing you'll get at least what you paid for....that may result in less sales and a rise in coin prices to make mining worthwhile for those who can afford it and nudge the rigs struggling into a better return in the future. A rise in buying of BTC that drove the price to 130 dollars...that would help a lot of people to break even who might not currently?
Jump to: