Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1868. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Thank you! Thank you! ...
August 09, 2013, 12:30:44 PM
I don't know, my calculations show it looking pretty good.

Anyone using a percentage past the first month isn't using logic.

We MIGHT see a max a 75M Difficulty increase every month (Obviously not the first couple months until BFL Bitfury and Avalon get their act together.)

I would disagree. Anyone NOT using a percentage increase for every month in their calculations is the one failing the logic test (at least for the next 6 months to one year).

This same trajectory happened during the previous GPU boom - of course it will eventually level off as before, but no one knows exactly where (that's speculation).

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-ever.png
Activity: 150
Thank you! Thank you! ...
August 09, 2013, 12:26:01 PM

We MIGHT see a max a 75M Difficulty increase every month (Obviously not the first couple months until BFL Bitfury and Avalon get their act together.)

Interesting, how do you derive the 75M max increase per month?

It's a 75 % (PERCENT) increase, not 75M. That was the monthly implied increase based on the most recent difficulty adjustment. See the difficulty column for an absolute value of difficulty in each month.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 12:23:04 PM

Interesting, how do you derive the 75M max increase per month?
Activity: 31
August 09, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
So KnC has been relatively quiet lately?

I really wish more of these ASIC people were transparent.  Undecided

They spoke a week ago, do you need daily communication?

A week ago I knew nothing about mining. Cry
so what did they say?
all is a OK!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
Blocks are flying past. We might hit 50M for the next adjustment.

I wonder how much impact all those USB erupters are having.  I know it takes over 1000 to equal one mini rig but it seems there's no end to them.

insects will eventually take over the world
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
August 09, 2013, 11:48:28 AM
I just used skype to initiate a conference call between myself, my mate in Toowoomba, and called KNC, and to my surprise, Andreas Kennmar answered the tele!
We didn't keep him on the tele for long, but we asked a few relevant Q's I'll share
The first Q was my asking him about the possibility of watercooling the miners. The short explanation is no, they won't be designed for it, but is slated for gen2
Are we on track with delivery?...  Yes, we're in front.
Power supplies final specs?  Not as of yet, but there will be a new spec announcement soon with recommendations.
 Grin

thanks for this info..  hope everything is on track . Grin
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
August 09, 2013, 11:45:51 AM
Running any KnC kit delivered in Nov makes grim reading on the calculator here if it's anywhere close to right http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ especially since the October figures would be for kit delivered at the start of that month which is unlikely for most of us. I hope their 75% increase has taken the KnC rigs into account.

BFL peeps who have yet to see their box must read that with tears in their eyes.

Enjoy your 1000w vacuums!
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2013, 11:40:56 AM
I am still on the fence about placing an order for Jupiter. Lack of any updated and specs and possibility of delay and loosing out play against me droping 7K on it especially if shipment will be late October.

Hashfast at least has specs on the site, costs 1k less for same 400G/h power, is based in US and states the delivery date in October 20-30

Your thoughts on Jupiter v Baby Jet ?  Huh

And hashfast has anything more than KNC?  They are exactly the same at this point. Nothing shown = nothing. ROI's are 4 months and counting...

So very true. Both can turn up to be a waste of dough.
Can you elaborate on you ROI comment. So far the most pessimistic calculations predict ROI within 2 months or so.

What do you based your number on? My most optimistic number predict ROI in 3-4 months. That is if btc stay 90+ on average (which is extremely optimistic).

August 09, 2013, 11:33:16 AM
I am still on the fence about placing an order for Jupiter. Lack of any updated and specs and possibility of delay and loosing out play against me droping 7K on it especially if shipment will be late October.

Hashfast at least has specs on the site, costs 1k less for same 400G/h power, is based in US and states the delivery date in October 20-30

And hashfast has anything more than KNC?  They are exactly the same at this point. Nothing shown = nothing. ROI's are 4 months and counting...

So very true. Both can turn up to be a waste of dough.
Can you elaborate on you ROI comment. So far the most pessimistic calculations predict ROI within 2 months or so.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 11:18:39 AM

I really wish more of these ASIC people were transparent.  Undecided

They spoke a week ago, do you need daily communication?

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 11:06:45 AM

I really wish more of these ASIC people were transparent.  Undecided
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 09, 2013, 10:47:51 AM

Technically I think they say:
Shipments begin:  October 20-30, in order of purchase

Which to the cynics in the crowd misleading at best.  What they said isn't the same thing as "delivery date in October 20-30"... just that they are going to begin in that window.  As I learned from BFL-speak... beginning shipments is a good step, but completing shipments is a much more interesting milestone.

Right now I see Bitfury being the least risky/most expensive.  KnC moderate in both risk and price, and HashFast being the most risky.
That being said... I liked that I didn't have to deal with any international anything (and I am fine with paying in BTC, though Bitpay is low compared to Gox rates) so I ordered one.

I fully expect them to be a little late as they haven't even taped out yet.  But if they are more than a couple weeks late, with the current hashrate growth rate... HashFast won't ROI (and frankly neither will anything else at the current pricing).
August 09, 2013, 10:40:48 AM
WAITING seems like a safe bet for now, although a bit painful because it puts more folks with less sense in front of me in the sipping order... sigh
August 09, 2013, 10:35:53 AM

Jupiter is 500 GH/s not 400

i think you mixed that up.   Baby Jet says 400-500 and Jupiter says 400 (at the moment).

Ridnovir : I would recommend to watch the inventory on HashFast and wait for an update from KNC.   You don't need to decide today

Yep I did, silly mistake, that's my bias from having ordered a Jupiter Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
August 09, 2013, 10:33:55 AM

legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 10:32:48 AM
I would wait for another week or 2 for an update from KNC and then order a Jupiter using PayPal.  Hashfast accepts only bitcoin so no protection.
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 09, 2013, 10:31:34 AM

i think you mixed that up.   Baby Jet says 400-500 and Jupiter says 400 (at the moment).

Ridnovir : I would recommend to watch the inventory on HashFast and wait for an update from KNC.   You don't need to decide today
August 09, 2013, 10:30:25 AM

I like how hashfast web pages marks the items are in stock (455 in stock) but delivery mid October, 2 months from now.
donator
Activity: 131
Axios Foundation
August 09, 2013, 10:30:23 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/products/jupiter 400 on the page?
August 09, 2013, 10:28:37 AM

Jump to: