Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1869. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 10:26:35 AM
I am still on the fence about placing an order for Jupiter. Lack of any updated and specs and possibility of delay and loosing out play against me droping 7K on it especially if shipment will be late October.

Hashfast at least has specs on the site, costs 1k less for same 400G/h power, is based in US and states the delivery date in October 20-30

Your thoughts on Jupiter v Baby Jet ?  Huh
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 09, 2013, 09:02:03 AM
So, all it takes for me to stop being a consumer and become a business is some small print in the terms of a product I buy?
Wow, I wonder why all companies selling products don't use those T&C?

Ridiculous.

It's good to hear they are ahead of schedule, not so good that the 75% forecast rise in difficulty definitely is over the last 30 days and prior to all these rigs going online...and anything else from other companies.

The next gen is going to have to deal with almost 1900 difficulty in March assuming those calculations aren't far off too...that's going to be a challenge.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 08:45:39 AM
Are we on track with delivery?...  Yes, we're in front.

Can you elaborate -- does this imply ahead of schedule?

No, they are physically standing in front of the courier..Grin
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 09, 2013, 08:45:22 AM
Just a heads up on the competition.    HashFast releasing 400-500 GH/s units on October 20th.  I don't think the price will sway any KNC customer.  They needed the price around $3k - $4k to grab huge volume but at $5600 and BTC only, I don't think they will sell quickly.   In the last 12 hours the inventory has only fallen from 467 to 455.   So just expect yet another 250 TH on the network from them by November.    

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=43a3515a4cff1032dafe95c87&id=5b8686bbb2

KNC, we are all rooting for you!!

Activity: 574
August 09, 2013, 08:38:20 AM

Can you elaborate -- does this imply ahead of schedule?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 09, 2013, 08:27:38 AM
Blocks are flying past. We might hit 50M for the next adjustment.

I wonder how much impact all those USB erupters are having.  I know it takes over 1000 to equal one mini rig but it seems there's no end to them.

Just CanaryInThemine shipped over 1200 (maybe more) over the past week only. Then there's yxt in Europe, etc, etc. I have 30 hashing away myself, giving me about 10GHs, while I wait for 200GHs Saturn. Cheesy
1 Saturn = 597 BEs.

There may be some respite, though: friedcat is out of stock for all resellers, so there will be no new Bes hitting the network for some time now as the pipeline needs to get filled again.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 08:21:25 AM
Looks like a race to the finish line between Metabank and KNC (assuming their updates are accurate)...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2890572
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 08:11:22 AM
By buying their products you are agreeing to the T&C and thus explicitly agreeing that you are acting as a business and thus "forfeiting" consumer rights.

Wow, that's how it works? The website just needs to have the words "for business use only" and they avoid all consumer rights laws?

No it's not how it works. In fact the law says that terms and conditions need to be reasonable. You can't just add all kinds of rubbish to suit your needs.

That line made me laugh, it's total bollocks.

"Thus" ...that implies that businesses have no legal protection when they buy stuff, which would, for example, spell doom for all retailers who are businesses who buy everything they sell on to consumers who have rights that they don't?

"Thus..." implies you are not protected as a consumer but as a business. Businesses are protected too, just not the same way/level and that "protection" often requires lawyering up.
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 07:39:26 AM

I wonder how much impact all those USB erupters are having.  I know it takes over 1000 to equal one mini rig but it seems there's no end to them.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
August 09, 2013, 07:22:16 AM
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 07:16:01 AM
Difficulty now above 40,000,000.  Hope things are on fast track.

Not only that, avalon next generation chip is expected to deliver in mid October. And they are not using pre-sale tactic any longer.

Difficulty is 37,392,766 or Am I missing something?

This chart indicated network hashrate  just above 40,000,000 last night. Now just below. I should have said network hashrate instead of difficulty.

http://blockchain.info/de/charts/hash-rate?timespan=30days&showDataPoints=true&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=
Activity: 446
August 09, 2013, 07:11:48 AM
I just used skype to initiate a conference call between myself, my mate in Toowoomba, and called KNC, and to my surprise, Andreas Kennmar answered the tele!
We didn't keep him on the tele for long, but we asked a few relevant Q's I'll share
The first Q was my asking him about the possibility of watercooling the miners. The short explanation is no, they won't be designed for it, but is slated for gen2
Power supplies final specs?  Not as of yet, but there will be a new spec announcement soon with recommendations.
 Grin

Good to bloody hear! Eases my mind a bit.
Activity: 251
August 09, 2013, 06:59:28 AM
I just used skype to initiate a conference call between myself, my mate in Toowoomba, and called KNC, and to my surprise, Andreas Kennmar answered the tele!
We didn't keep him on the tele for long, but we asked a few relevant Q's I'll share
The first Q was my asking him about the possibility of watercooling the miners. The short explanation is no, they won't be designed for it, but is slated for gen2
Power supplies final specs?  Not as of yet, but there will be a new spec announcement soon with recommendations.
 Grin

Man, KNC should give the info here directly but thanks for the update!

operador, that certainly sounds promising. Hope it's all the truth. Starting to think I should have ordered a bigger machine!
Activity: 532
August 09, 2013, 06:50:46 AM
Hey..O'rama.. Do you remember offhand if we will be able to use a standard size cpu watercooler? I think I remember it mentioned in the openday rept?

Watercoolers were ditched as datacentres weren't down with liquid, which is why it's odd Hashfast have taken that route. I can only assume they haven't contacted any datacentres about their products.

KnC did state they may offer a water cooled option for home users, but to get this lot out the door fast and as promised they will be with heatsinks initially...
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 09, 2013, 06:21:17 AM
Do we have a volunteer, somebody like Jack Bower from 24 to go and physically take offline the data centers of BTC guild and 50 BTC pools?
That'll help us get an ROI.
Thanks

... for the minute or two it takes everyone to switch to backup pools Roll Eyes

Pretty sure the back up pools will not be able to handle the sudden huge spike in load though.

Pretty sure the backup backup pools will. Or solomining. Or p2Pool.
Activity: 28
August 09, 2013, 06:12:19 AM
Running any KnC kit delivered in Nov makes grim reading on the calculator here if it's anywhere close to right http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ especially since the October figures would be for kit delivered at the start of that month which is unlikely for most of us. I hope their 75% increase has taken the KnC rigs into account.

BFL peeps who have yet to see their box must read that with tears in their eyes.

The 75% is the actual change over the last 30 days. I don't think it is calculated by future hashpower, as that would be one hard calculation to make.

A more accurate number to fill in there might be the 90 day divided by 3 (which is 90% per month!) or the 60 day divided by 2.
Activity: 45
August 09, 2013, 06:12:06 AM
Do we have a volunteer, somebody like Jack Bower from 24 to go and physically take offline the data centers of BTC guild and 50 BTC pools?
Thanks

Pretty sure the back up pools will not be able to handle the sudden huge spike in load though.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 09, 2013, 05:59:34 AM
Thanks

August 09, 2013, 05:43:48 AM
Thanks
August 09, 2013, 05:26:37 AM
 Grin

Man, KNC should give the info here directly but thanks for the update!
Jump to: