Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1885. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 05, 2013, 01:53:35 PM
Yo, FWIW I took the initative and emailed asking them to at least consider creating a poll asking for feedback for merged mining.

Nice!  Find me a single person who thinks we shouldn't get free coins...  =)

Well it's now your platform, detail the pros and cons (if any) so people can research and make up their own opinion and importantly vote if you want it...
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 05, 2013, 01:52:00 PM
Yo, FWIW I took the initative and emailed asking them to at least consider creating a poll asking for feedback for merged mining.

Nice!  Find me a single person who thinks we shouldn't get free coins...  =)
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
August 05, 2013, 01:49:11 PM
the polls are open for the merged mining at KnC

voted yes
August 05, 2013, 01:49:03 PM

Voting

Should we allow merged mining on our mining pool?

- Yes. Merged mining is the way to go.

- What is merged mining?

- No, There is no need.

Lol, the middle. They must assume most customers wouldn't want it.

http://mining.bitcoin.cz/what-is-namecoin

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 05, 2013, 01:44:00 PM

Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
August 05, 2013, 01:33:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 05, 2013, 01:29:37 PM
your place in line is held for 7 days until you pay, if you pay after 7 days, its based on payment date then.

My question asked something different: If the order number given after order is made stays the same or is it changed after successful payment?

It stays the same.
My preorder nums were changed when paid

I guess I'm talking about orders placed after the pre-order period, aka today.
Yeh, I can see how it can be confusing, the "Pre-orders", and the Pre-pre-orders, hehe
Activity: 280
Hell?
August 05, 2013, 01:27:58 PM
yeah thats correct. the pre-order ones changed. the actual "orders" as of today (even though its still a pre-order, complex eh?) stay the same.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 05, 2013, 01:24:37 PM
your place in line is held for 7 days until you pay, if you pay after 7 days, its based on payment date then.

My question asked something different: If the order number given after order is made stays the same or is it changed after successful payment?

It stays the same.

I guess I'm talking about orders placed after the pre-order period, aka today.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 05, 2013, 01:23:29 PM

It stays the same.
a may preorder was 297x, and the paid order was changed to 5x the moment the order was placed
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 05, 2013, 01:20:31 PM
I think we are seeing the beginnings of these wallstreet assholes making a play at controlling the money supply.. Way to go Yifu, fucking POS

That was bound to happen if the price was going to continue to go up.

Yea, I know I just hope that this truly is FUD. I'm going to withhold my comments for now until this is confirmed, and hope I don't have justification to re-post the above statement.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 05, 2013, 01:14:30 PM

It stays the same.
August 05, 2013, 01:12:35 PM

legendary
LIR DEV
August 05, 2013, 01:11:59 PM

Hi, the guy making the auction is me. I had an early pre-order and I paid almost at the end of the 7 day period they offered to early pre-orders to complete payment and keep their place in line. That is why my actual order number is not so low, but my early pre-oder was in the 6XX.

Best regards,

[/quote]

Actually I think of it differently

What annoys me more than anything is people on eBay/or here selling pre orders for boxes. When the person buying has no chance of actually knowing if the box will ever arrive at his/her door because the original company doesn't allow a change of shipping address,

There is enough scamming in this industry already. I do not want to see our boxes or queue placements being used at all to scam anyone out of money and if i can spend a few minutes to fight that I will.

If this offends anyone then so be it. I would rather that than have you lose your coins to someone who claims to have a queue placement, or a full pre order who in actual fact does not.

After payments are made and the queue does indeed become longer. We know that queue trading is gong to happen and as we cant stop it the best we can do is try to make sure no one gets scammed.

Sam

Activity: 280
Hell?
August 05, 2013, 01:04:04 PM

Hi, the guy making the auction is me. I had an early pre-order and I paid almost at the end of the 7 day period they offered to early pre-orders to complete payment and keep their place in line. That is why my actual order number is not so low, but my early pre-oder was in the 6XX.

Best regards,

Do you mean that your order number chages when you mame the payment?
I think it stays the same regardless of what you do?

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
August 05, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
For those who are interested in the KNC mining pool.  The current answer is NMC merge mining will not be available at launch.  This may change in the future but at launch, those of you who are hosting with KNC and plan to use the KNC pool (or using the KNC pool via Byteminr) will not be earning Namecoins.  This is essentially leaving 3-4% return on the table.

Sam said he would be cool with that, and will add it tonight, so if you want merged mining you need to convince the masses here it's worthwhile and get them to vote when they add the poll to their homepage. Wink

--
We have been looking for a new poll I will do it tonight

Sam
www.kncminer.com

they should open a forum on their website:

http://forum.kncminer.com/

EDIT: HAHA they have it already!  Grin They don't want to appear like BFL because it is not http://forums.kncminer.com/
August 05, 2013, 01:01:20 PM

Best regards,

Do you mean that your order number chages when you make the payment?
I think it stays the same regardless of what you do?
legendary
LIR DEV
August 05, 2013, 01:01:06 PM
Avalon Shmavalon.

Back onto KNCminer's order numbers... they have "Day 1" and "Day 2" as some kind of shipping batch identification.  
I figured they could ship a few hundred 4RU machines a day, if that...

So this guy is just now auctioning a "Day 1" order with order number #1824: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminers-jupiter-upgrade-6-months-of-hosting-order-day-1-268149

So which of the following applies??

• Day 1 doesn't actually mean the first day of shipping.
  • There are a lot of unpaid orders up to order number 1824.
  • Somehow KNCminer will be shipping almost 2000 x 4RU units in a single day....  Shocked

There are a lot of unpaid orders generally. When you submit an order you are allocated an order number and even if you don't pay it still stays in their system.
A friend of mine just placed one - Order ID: 52xx

More important is how many of these 5200 orders are paid for and real - this information would be very valuable in establishing the expected (very rough) estimate of the future hash rate, thus easier to calculate possibility of positive ROI.
Because right now I don't really care how much net profit I can make as long as it is positive.

For example even with 1 billion difficulty it still makes sense to mine with KNC Miner and it is very simple to calculate returns - 1 billion difficulty equals 7158.278TH/s, so if you have 400GH/s miner = 400/7158000=0.0000558815 shares of the 3600 daily coins=0.2011734 coins per day=6.13BTC per month.

Fishy at best, I have order #5x, and its a "Day two of production" order. Sam has also stated he does not want sales of pre-orders, and will do what he can to stop it.

Actually I think of it differently

What annoys me more than anything is people on eBay/or here selling pre orders for boxes. When the person buying has no chance of actually knowing if the box will ever arrive at his/her door because the original company doesn't allow a change of shipping address,

There is enough scamming in this industry already. I do not want to see our boxes or queue placements being used at all to scam anyone out of money and if i can spend a few minutes to fight that I will.

If this offends anyone then so be it. I would rather that than have you lose your coins to someone who claims to have a queue placement, or a full pre order who in actual fact does not.

After payments are made and the queue does indeed become longer. We know that queue trading is gong to happen and as we cant stop it the best we can do is try to make sure no one gets scammed.

Sam

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 05, 2013, 01:00:39 PM
I think we are seeing the beginnings of these wallstreet assholes making a play at controlling the money supply.. Way to go Yifu, fucking POS

That was bound to happen if the price was going to continue to go up.
August 05, 2013, 12:49:23 PM
For those who are interested in the KNC mining pool.  The current answer is NMC merge mining will not be available at launch.  This may change in the future but at launch, those of you who are hosting with KNC and plan to use the KNC pool (or using the KNC pool via Byteminr) will not be earning Namecoins.  This is essentially leaving 3-4% return on the table.

Sam said he would be cool with that, and will add it tonight, so if you want merged mining you need to convince the masses here it's worthwhile and get them to vote when they add the poll to their homepage. Wink

--
We have been looking for a new poll I will do it tonight

Sam
www.kncminer.com
Jump to: