Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1899. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2013, 11:06:01 PM

Looks like a real Motley Jet-lag crew.

Left to Right;

Sam (KNC), Josh (BFL), ??, Yifu (AVALON)

Who's the guy in the checkered shirt?

Looks like Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas NBA team...   Shocked

Nah... that's not Mark Cuban.

legendary
August 01, 2013, 11:04:03 PM
Behind, YES, very...   Are they Shipping...YES    Scam? What makes your situation a "Scam" again?, "Knowingly Misled".. Show me. I'm missing it....  Same stuff out of most though... I shopped, just like you, and I read, and read, and read...until I knew they(BFL) were simply inexperienced & behind... a "Caveman" could see it.  For at least ten seconds... I waited. So I ordered from KNC, but not before ordering a 50Gh/s unit, and cancelling a few days later... Anyone who's spent ten minutes in the BFL shout-box could see that there were problems. Everyone screams "SCAM". It's like Momma dropped the bottle while making your milk, and screaming bloody murder while she tries to clean up the mess, and re-wash the bottle, repour the milk, and deliver with a smile?  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm tired of it. It's nonsense. Missing deadlines & having development troubles isn't a scam. You knew the risks before you bought your little Jally, and that's not much to whine about, at least the Jally's are the ones shipping! (BFL shipping nov 14th orders as of Tues https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/259-tuesday-july-30-2013-shipping-update.html  )... not so far off from December from my calcs...  Looks to me like you may be getting your Jally sooner than you think (Hopeful, I know)   "Live with it." As Momma used to say

A psychology student could write masters thesis on the psychosis of a BFL apologist.  It's baffling, truly.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 01, 2013, 08:40:56 PM
Behind, YES, very...   Are they Shipping...YES    Scam? What makes your situation a "Scam" again?, "Knowingly Misled".. Show me. I'm missing it....  Same stuff out of most though... I shopped, just like you, and I read, and read, and read...until I knew they(BFL) were simply inexperienced & behind... a "Caveman" could see it.  For at least ten seconds... I waited. So I ordered from KNC, but not before ordering a 50Gh/s unit, and cancelling a few days later... Anyone who's spent ten minutes in the BFL shout-box could see that there were problems. Everyone screams "SCAM". It's like Momma dropped the bottle while making your milk, and screaming bloody murder while she tries to clean up the mess, and re-wash the bottle, repour the milk, and deliver with a smile?  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm tired of it. It's nonsense. Missing deadlines & having development troubles isn't a scam. You knew the risks before you bought your little Jally, and that's not much to whine about, at least the Jally's are the ones shipping! (BFL shipping nov 14th orders as of Tues https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/259-tuesday-july-30-2013-shipping-update.html  )... not so far off from December from my calcs...  Looks to me like you may be getting your Jally sooner than you think (Hopeful, I know)   "Live with it." As Momma used to say

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 01, 2013, 08:12:21 PM
Josh may be behind, but not a scammer by a long-shot.

Hahaha, I get what you are saying about the guy, but the above must be the _biggest_ understatement I've heard today...

You have to admit that with his repeated "shipping in just 2 weeks!" he at least knowingly mislead people in their financial decisions, which is close enough to scammer for most.

I bought a Jalepeno in December 2012 and was told in January [I believe] that shipping was only 2 weeks away, every 2 weeks, until I just stopped checking BFL shipping status.  What's sad is that my Avalon Batch 2 reached me before the Jale, that my Klondike's will probably also arrive before the Jale, and that if I ordered a KnCMiner today _it_ would probably beat BFL also  Shocked.

But yes, he hasn't been proven in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt to be a scammer.  Yet.

_theJestre
p.s. just an apology from the guy would be nice...
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 01, 2013, 08:02:58 PM

$800k for a 28nm full-mask set? This is an amazing offer, at which foundry will I get it that cheap? Wink
Get an itemized quote, do you think you pay the full $2MM up front?  If you do, let me know I will gladly negotiate for you next time for 10%.    that is the payment you will be making PRIOR to your mask.   There are other payments, but you seem to have an inkling of what you are talking about so you know that, don't you?
That I do not believe KnC is producing a fully designed asic should be obvious by now.
What do you mean "a fully designed ASIC" are there some parts left not designed?

KNCminer have said repeatedly they are using "28nm standard cell ASIC Chips (which are being designed exclusively for KnCMiner by ORSoC)"
legendary
LIR DEV
August 01, 2013, 07:52:49 PM
NoobStylex....   WTF? You must be lost.
You mean...."Bold Pioneers trying to bring you an opportunity", right?
Without those four peeps, asic mining would be a daydream. Josh may be behind, but not a scammer by a long-shot. My guess is you are about 14 yrs old, and cant afford an asic with the allowance mummy gives you. Go whine somewhere else, like in BFL's shoutbox, Ivan will love you there
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 01, 2013, 07:50:01 PM
Sonny
I just heard Phineas' Head Asplode
Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
August 01, 2013, 07:29:50 PM

Left to Right;

I see three complete douchebags that lied and lied and used others' money to make themselves rich while lying and one guy that has a chance not to belong in the group....
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 01, 2013, 07:02:57 PM
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 01, 2013, 06:54:14 PM
Sonny
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 01, 2013, 06:53:34 PM

Left to Right;

August 01, 2013, 06:52:17 PM
Sam has the
Maybe KNC is too busy colluding with the competition. If that last pic made people wonder this one should make you really go batty.

http://ow.ly/i/2KBu6
Sam has the Biggest, best smile!

It looks as if they are all getting dressed by their mothers still.

Hahahahaha  ROFL...   Best line of the day..  

Geeks R' Us
legendary
August 01, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

Left to Right;

Activity: 446
August 01, 2013, 06:50:16 PM
Sam has the
Maybe KNC is too busy colluding with the competition. If that last pic made people wonder this one should make you really go batty.

It looks as if they are all getting dressed by their mothers still.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
August 01, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

$800k for a 28nm full-mask set? This is an amazing offer, at which foundry will I get it that cheap? Wink
Get an itemized quote, do you think you pay the full $2MM up front?  If you do, let me know I will gladly negotiate for you next time for 10%.    that is the payment you will be making PRIOR to your mask.   There are other payments, but you seem to have an inkling of what you are talking about so you know that, don't you?
That I do not believe KnC is producing a fully designed asic should be obvious by now.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 01, 2013, 06:31:03 PM
Sam has the

They must be pissing themselves about the state of the forum lol
legendary
LIR DEV
August 01, 2013, 06:29:39 PM
Sam has the

August 01, 2013, 06:25:52 PM

Good God they are all in it together..  Is that my money hanging out of their pockets?HuhHuh Shocked
August 01, 2013, 06:22:54 PM
So where are the "identical but less-powerful" boxes that should have been delivered "over the summer" which September does not fit into...
Pretty much as things are going right now exactly what's stated in that discussion will happen - devices might ship but will not be supported as the devs wouldn't have had enough time to implement support in the miner...

Ask them?! Jeez man send an email if you're that concerned. Let the rest of us know instead of whining on the forum trying to stir the pot.

Did someone say Pot?Huh?     Grin
Activity: 434
August 01, 2013, 06:10:53 PM

Jump to: