Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1969. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Wow, read dude, the update was all of a few hours ago!
I did. From my understanding they will offer upgrade modules shortly. So if you have e.g. a Saturn, you can order an upgrade module. But that's a separate order, separately shipped.

+1. This is what makes sense to me. At this point, anything ordered that's new with a chip in it should be in queue behind all the other orders.

Meh, I'm not going to cry over someone with 1 Saturn upgrading to 1 Jupiter to the extent that it would delay their shipment by weeks to have two small modules added if production can be ramped up enough not to effect the current order days promised to everyone else...
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I did. From my understanding they will offer upgrade modules shortly. So if you have e.g. a Saturn, you can order an upgrade module. But that's a separate order, separately shipped.

+1. This is what makes sense to me. At this point, anything ordered that's new with a chip in it should be in queue behind all the other orders.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
I mean:

-> e.g. you ordered and payed for a Saturn on 20th June
-> Now you upgrade to Jupiter lets say on 10th August - you also do your "upgrade" payment on 10th August

What is the "paying" date for your order? 20th June oder 10th August? As far as I understood this will have big impact on delivery date of your machine due KnC said "First paid, first serve".
I think the order/payment position of your Saturn remains, and the new order for the upgrade gets a new position.

Meh w.r.t. production you're talking of a module or two added to an existing order, not a brand new order of multiple units. No one will have ordered multiple Saturns when they could pay less for Jupiters and an odd Saturn at the end if that's what they could afford at the time. So even in that example at worst it's an additional two modules to an order...

Hehe - that being said. I ordered 2 Saturns instead of 1 Jupiter Cheesy - Feels stupid now omg

Why?? Surely you could have that altered. Not only is it additional funds, surely it's wasted additional electricity?!

From a reliability standpoint, it could be wiser to order two Saturn units. If you order 1 Jupiter and for whatever reason it suffers a failure and takes a week or more to get replaced, depending upon difficulty that could easily outweigh the extra cost of buying 2 Saturns.

There are reasons to buy two instead of one.
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Activity: 280
Hell?
I mean:

-> Now you upgrade to Jupiter lets say on 10th August - you also do your "upgrade" payment on 10th August

What is the "paying" date for your order? 20th June oder 10th August? As far as I understood this will have big impact on delivery date of your machine due KnC said "First paid, first serve".
I think the order/payment position of your Saturn remains, and the new order for the upgrade gets a new position.

Meh w.r.t. production you're talking of a module or two added to an existing order, not a brand new order of multiple units. No one will have ordered multiple Saturns when they could pay less for Jupiters and an odd Saturn at the end if that's what they could afford at the time. So even in that example at worst it's an additional two modules to an order...
How would you add modules to an existing order? That's not possible in their shop.

i think he means the actual order shop, the webpage doesnt allow it. i believe they will be adding that functionality later this week.
I mean:

How would you add modules to an existing order? That's not possible in their shop.

I mean:

Hehe - that being said. I ordered 2 Saturns instead of 1 Jupiter Cheesy - Feels stupid now omg

Why?? Surely you could have that altered. Not only is it additional funds, surely it's wasted additional electricity?!
I mean:

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
I mean:

I mean:

I mean:

In Europe you easily pay 0,30$ per 1000W/h. We use too much green energy here Wink

0,3$*24h*30days = 216$ alone for energy per month.... :-/

So from my point of view pricing is ok

That makes more sense. Energy peaks at .12$ per 1000W/h (I think) where I am. All I know is that I'm running 4x750 PSUs for a LTC mining rig and that's about $250 a month. Have to re-evaluate closer to the ship date depending on where difficulty and BTC/USD are, and make a decision from there.

last year the kwh was around 20€ cent.

http://www.stepmap.de/karte/strompreise-europa-1160873

€0.2 is $0.26 anyway...
Hell?
As I see, their concept is fully upgradable. Same case, same PCB, just one, two or four "Asic units".

I presume you could upgrade one unit at a time, say to three units from two if you wanted...

so we could make our own "neptune" units. lol
As I see, their concept is fully upgradable. Same case, same PCB, just one, two or four "Asic units".

I presume you could upgrade one unit at a time, say to three units from two if you wanted...
Hell?
What do you mean with "technically pay later"?

I mean:

you are over complicating things. your original pay date will stick.
Something tells me that if there was any scamming afoot, the hosting option would not be priced as it is. Perhaps electricity is more expensive there, but that just seems a bit high? Was figuring they would take a percentage of the coins mined, but the release reads like payment may be requested in USD? Just have to wait for more details and see I guess. After reading that portion of the update, I'm now seriously thinking about having my unit shipped.

In Europe you easily pay 0,30$ per 1000W/h. We use too much green energy here Wink

I know for a fact they were looking at green energy options as I was bugging them about it from the start as a means to improve Bitcoin's image with respect to energy wastage.

You can guarantee your unit will be looked after, serviced in case of failure promptly and kept cool with hosting. Northern Sweden ain't warm at any point of the year...
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
What do you mean with "technically pay later"?

I mean:

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

That makes more sense. Energy peaks at .12$ per 1000W/h (I think) where I am. All I know is that I'm running 4x750 PSUs for a LTC mining rig and that's about $250 a month. Have to re-evaluate closer to the ship date depending on where difficulty and BTC/USD are, and make a decision from there.

last year the kwh was around 20€ cent.

http://www.stepmap.de/karte/strompreise-europa-1160873

Jump to: