Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1972. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I think the milestone everyone waits for is the finished and working bulk chips.  After that the process should be fairly streamlined and everyone will be happy.
As I mentioned, the discussion with KnC implied there was a milestone before that, the mockup (that I think will have FPGAs) that will be close to the working product, just (a lot) slower of course (and not mars) ... though I could have completely misunderstood the email discussion Tongue
I'm still waiting on a reply to an email I sent almost 2 days ago regarding all that ...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
i just requested an update and told them i was nervous since there hasnt been any news since the 26th. here is her response:

Hi,

We are right on track with our timeframe and we are focused on the production at this point. We are sorry for the lack of updates, but there will be more information added shortly.
Please rest assured that all is coming together as planned.

Thanks
Emilia

God... would you look at that... its ACTUAL customer service!...So refreshing... I swear, these other vendors have no idea how important it is to their future to have a few reassuring words - Emilia if you are following the forums, your awesome.. Thank you for being patient with everyone's bozo questions. it means ALOT.

Emilia and KNC have been very responsive to my emails and inquiries so far. Keep up the great work KNC and Emilia :-)

wonder where Andreas is ?

Andreas is cool, he just isn't as confident speaking English. Emilia is Sam's wife who has taken over customer service as Sam and Andreas focus on management of the respective teams they have in place, and continue to build.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
i just requested an update and told them i was nervous since there hasnt been any news since the 26th. here is her response:

Hi,

We are right on track with our timeframe and we are focused on the production at this point. We are sorry for the lack of updates, but there will be more information added shortly.

Thanks
Emilia

God... would you look at that... its ACTUAL customer service!...So refreshing... I swear, these other vendors have no idea how important it is to their future to have a few reassuring words - Emilia if you are following the forums, your awesome.. Thank you for being patient with everyone's bozo questions. it means ALOT.

Emilia and KNC have been very responsive to my emails and inquiries so far. Keep up the great work KNC and Emilia :-)

wonder where Andreas is ?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I think the milestone everyone waits for is the finished and working bulk chips.  After that the process should be fairly streamlined and everyone will be happy.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Keep in mind Josh "said" a lot of great things..  Even after they missed like their 4th shipping estimate..

Words are nothing but words and deeds are golden..

Not trying to be a Buzz Kill..  Just sometimes feels like a repeat of what a lot of us have already experienced...  I HOPE to God I am wrong...

Just saying..

p.s I have an order in with Knc so I am not trolling..

Agreed that actions will ultimately be far more relevant than words, but even so - the feel I get from KnC is not the same as what I got from BFL. I agree that there are a lot of ways that things could go awry between now and when the products ship but I still have far more faith in KnC than I ever did in BFL. Maybe I'll be eating these words later, but right now I'm modestly hopeful that they'll pull it off smoothly.

Agreed, however it's telling how a company responds to their customers concerns. I can't think of a time where I've seen a BFL post responding to a customer without having an attitude, and treating the customer like peon's. Taking a page from Dr. Phil, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
When I become a "Bitionare".....
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
BFL is just vile

if you travel a lot you keep your ability to sense the difference between good and bad intentions... problem is a lot of people dont travel much and lose that ability.. that lets shiesters fool a lot of people 
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Keep in mind Josh "said" a lot of great things..  Even after they missed like their 4th shipping estimate..

Not trying to be a Buzz Kill..  Just sometimes feels like a repeat of what a lot of us have already experienced...  I HOPE to God I am wrong...

Just saying..

Agreed that actions will ultimately be far more relevant than words, but even so - the feel I get from KnC is not the same as what I got from BFL. I agree that there are a lot of ways that things could go awry between now and when the products ship but I still have far more faith in KnC than I ever did in BFL. Maybe I'll be eating these words later, but right now I'm modestly hopeful that they'll pull it off smoothly.

Just saying..

Activity: 462

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia

legendary
LIR DEV
+1   Booyeah

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia

erk
Activity: 826
It kind of is as they have stated the miners will be stand-alone turnkey.  In fact, you'll give them your public address for them to burn-in with and the device will arrive at your door ready to hash.  My understanding is you'll just plug it into Power and Ethernet and walk away.

My impression is that they will be Bitcoin only but I don't know of a post that backs that up.

Considering the cgminer devs have been asked to add KNCminer support, I would say the devices are flexible.
legendary
Activity: 994
It kind of is as they have stated the miners will be stand-alone turnkey.  In fact, you'll give them your public address for them to burn-in with and the device will arrive at your door ready to hash.  My understanding is you'll just plug it into Power and Ethernet and walk away.

My impression is that they will be Bitcoin only but I don't know of a post that backs that up.
erk
Activity: 826
Does anyone know if it will be possible to conduct merged mining for namecoin with KNC's miners?  Sorry if this was already discussed and I missed the response..

That is not a hardware related issue, it's a function of the client and pool software so not really a miner question.

Activity: 201
Does anyone know if it will be possible to conduct merged mining for namecoin with KNC's miners?  Sorry if this was already discussed and I missed the response..
legendary
LIR DEV
Happy camper +1
Activity: 602
Activity: 280

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia

/littledanceofhappiness
Activity: 280
Hell?

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia

Jump to: