Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1970. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Would not make sense to make different PCBs.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
what you think ?

it is possible to upgrade from mars to jupiter by buying 3 upgrade modules ?
You mean Mercury to Jupiter? According to the drawings on their website, it should.

the upgrad path will be : mecur to saturn / saturn to jupiter.

maybe  they build the pcb with no posibility to upgrade 3 modules ?

What do you mean with "technically pay later"?
what you think ?

You mean Mercury to Jupiter? According to the drawings on their website, it should.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
what you think ?

... and more important... will you loose you current order spot because you technically pay later?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
In Europe you easily pay 0,30$ per 1000W/h. We use too much green energy here Wink

0,3$*24h*30days = 216$ alone for energy per month.... :-/

So from my point of view pricing is ok

That makes more sense. Energy peaks at .12$ per 1000W/h (I think) where I am. All I know is that I'm running 4x750 PSUs for a LTC mining rig and that's about $250 a month. Have to re-evaluate closer to the ship date depending on where difficulty and BTC/USD are, and make a decision from there.
Activity: 30
what you think ?

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Something tells me that if there was any scamming afoot, the hosting option would not be priced as it is. Perhaps electricity is more expensive there, but that just seems a bit high? Was figuring they would take a percentage of the coins mined, but the release reads like payment may be requested in USD? Just have to wait for more details and see I guess. After reading that portion of the update, I'm now seriously thinking about having my unit shipped.

In Europe you easily pay 0,30$ per 1000W/h. We use too much green energy here Wink

0,3$*24h*30days = 216$ alone for energy per month.... :-/

So from my point of view pricing is ok
Activity: 568
Is there anything said by KNC how they will divide the units once ready between paying customers and the ones they will use for mining themselves?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Something tells me that if there was any scamming afoot, the hosting option would not be priced as it is. Perhaps electricity is more expensive there, but that just seems a bit high? Was figuring they would take a percentage of the coins mined, but the release reads like payment may be requested in USD? Just have to wait for more details and see I guess. After reading that portion of the update, I'm now seriously thinking about having my unit shipped.

If they payment is request in USD, Then just think about how you have so many more possibilities of "refunding" your money.
IE you payed with CC/Paypal USD=Refundable
If you payed with the Glorious Bitcoin, then you cant Refund on your own, You need them to do it for you, and they will have to to a conversion rate and hand you back equivalent USD.
So why not just stay on USD?
Activity: 19
Call me a gambler but I feel more confident about these guys than I ever did about BFL. I'm still waiting on my equipment; I will never do business with them again based solely on the poor customer relationship skills they have demonstrated. Here's hoping for an October delivery from Sweden!
Activity: 602

Power for this toy is expensive.. So price is not that bad. You also get cooling in that price. Longer lifetime of the unit than hosting it in the closet..

If you buy more than 2-3 of jupiters, using home solution might not be good enough.
Activity: 574
Activity: 309
This also goes back to the possibility that they may be trying to hide advancements or NRE developments made while processing that they want to remain as proprietary.

It's the hypothesis giving me hope Smiley
Activity: 274
@Madazam
THX, i was unable to do click LMB/RMB.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Status Update
7/11/2013 11:15:00 AM

Shipping days,

As most of you are aware we have added Day 1 or Day 2 to the orders which were based on pre-registrations. This is mostly complete now with only a few exceptions needing to be solved. Going forward we will add Shipping weeks to the other orders such as Week 1 or Week 2.  This will happen nearer the end of August so until then you can assume that shipment queue is based on payment date.

Chip progress

We get a lot of questions about where we are in the process of our production. We would like to assure you all that we are on track for the first shipment in September

The Chip manufacture is currently in production of the Chips and all other sub components that need to have been ordered at this stage have been.

Hosting

We have our final costs for hosting which will be 350USD per Jupiter per month with a 6 month contract as a minimum, We will only allow the Jupiter models to be housed in our secure location.

There will be a mining pool onsite that will charge a very low pool fee around 2%. Only hosting customers will be allowed to use our mining pool.

More information on the hosting will follow

Upgrade Modules

We will be adding to our shop the upgrade modules to allow customer who have purchased a Saturn to upgrade their order to a Jupiter. The same goes for a Mercury upgrade to a Saturn. These upgrades will be available in the next few days.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-23
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Well, they are talking about upgrade modules.
Two question came into my mind :
Can you add the module yourself or does KNC have to do it ?
When will the modules start shipping (September, October ...) ?

I'm willing to bet we could add them ourselves unless they are talking the 1-4 chips per board where 2 = Saturn 4 = jupiter.  Yea I would also like some pictures too, but I'm feeling like they are still in process of designing and sourcing cases.  Otherwise there would have been those already.  This also goes back to the possibility that they may be trying to hide advancements or NRE developments made while processing that they want to remain as proprietary.  I'm hoping to get a glance at the types of cases they plan to use.  I am planning to have it in a location where it shouldnt be DIY but very sturdy.  The Mars FPGA prototype and that other long looking version of it were not very convincing to me for longer term durability. 

Just observing - are those photos on their site made from Google Sketchup?
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
Well, they are talking about upgrade modules.
Two question came into my mind :
Can you add the module yourself or does KNC have to do it ?
When will the modules start shipping (September, October ...) ?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
It's kinda shady too
Jump to: