Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1973. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
So Paypal & Discover really messed up my eCheck for my order thanks to the 4rth of July. ACH transfer failed and will take a couple more days to go through.

I contacted KnC support and the rep said that they will hold my position as it currently is despite the delay on my end.
Really awesome support, crystal clear and quick response. When similar happened with BFL, I waited 2 weeks for them to respond and even then it wasn't resolved despite being so simple.
Activity: 262
on "The process"...  I'm not sure what you mean

e.g.  TSMC 28nm will come in different flavors like HPM/LP/HP/HPL which have different power and performance characteristics.
Activity: 308

Oh, another question. What is this open day report? People have lots of time on their hands I guess to read everything. Apparently I'm a working stiff that has to pay the bills.

Some people got the chance to go and visit KNC miner offices and bombard them with questions. There's a thread about that around here somewhere, or for +- summary:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/06/27/a-look-inside-kncminer-bitcoin-minings-dark-horse/
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
Oh, another question. What is this open day report? People have lots of time on their hands I guess to read everything. Apparently I'm a working stiff that has to pay the bills.
KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-openday-wednesday-5th-monday-10th-june-214285

BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm) : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinorama-report-on-the-kncminerorsoc-open-day-mon-100613-stockholm-232852
Part II: The Revenge of the BitcoinOrama Report - KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day 10/06 : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/part-ii-the-revenge-of-the-bitcoinorama-report-kncminerorsoc-open-day-1006-237114
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I've been trying to catch up on all the "new" posts and since I'm an old bastard I just fall asleep before I finish reading. Just now I caught up on this thread and you know what, it is full of nothing! Smiley I read maybe 20 pages of everyone talking about ordering queues, day1, day2, people just making shit up and guessing on everything. OH god, at least we are allowed to express our opinions here, right? Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

So, I did order 2 Saturn miners and hope one day I'll actually get to touch and feel and use a miner. I've been through the whole BFL chaos and I've stopped reading information about them until someone slipped in a note they still haven't started to ship yet. I really could not believe it. How is that possible? Could it be possible KNC would ship before BFL? Hahaha, imagine that.

Anyway, I was a lucky pre-order but KNC wanted money in 7 days to keep that queue, which I didn't think 7 days was enough time but whatever. I lost my line and I'm just another sucker waiting for his miner.

My Dad also bought a Saturn and and I'm just hoping I can support his unit remotely through this desktop. He does of course have a network running in his home and if this device has DHCP, then we're all set.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Yea i am waiting for some email also. They are usually quick about it. Anyway no stress. There is most likely a legit reason.

Also waiting for some good news this week, time for a new update Smiley

True, this company is legit.
Activity: 602
Yea i am waiting for some email also. They are usually quick about it. Anyway no stress. There is most likely a legit reason.

Also waiting for some good news this week, time for a new update Smiley
Activity: 644
Probably holiday.
Just waiting on the news update
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Do You get any update from KNCMiner at all? His last login date was almost 2 weeks ago. I am trying to contact them by mail but no response.
Hell?
thanks for the links!
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
Marcus: "Ah no it's definitely a standard cell, we've done hardcopies before like this,
yes and structured ASIC, yes and gate array ASICs, but this specific design is standard cell ASIC 28nm."

Which vendor/process?
I'm not going to read the whole thing to find it again, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that it's an asian foundry, and there are a few competing for earliest delivery... on "The process"...  I'm not sure what you mean
There are several "relevant" KNC threads now, (over 240 pages of reading)
Here are the ones I know of...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/swedish-asic-miner-company-kncminercom-170332 (this thread)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/swedish-asic-miner-kncminer-new-lower-priced-entry-model-248323 (mercury announcement)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinorama-report-on-the-kncminerorsoc-open-day-mon-100613-stockholm-232852 (openday part 2)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-openday-wednesday-5th-monday-10th-june-214285 (openday part 1)
and Fox came up with a cool list... if you ordered, please participate!...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-list-of-orders-october-delivery-249065

let me know if I'm missing anything important, eh?

legendary
LIR DEV
Day 1 here as well. Anyone have a preorder that isn't Day 1?

I have the damn day 2. When I have the preorder 40th. Pay the first day too.
KNC morning call. I hope it's a mistake.
Did you make multiple orders over consecutive days? I believe they group those orders together...

Multiples over consecutive days....   well, over a span of 10 days I ordered & paid for a few....  That would be really, really cool. You are the official go-to guy Bitcoinorama....any way I could talk you into asking?
Activity: 262
Marcus: "Ah no it's definitely a standard cell, we've done hardcopies before like this,
yes and structured ASIC, yes and gate array ASICs, but this specific design is standard cell ASIC 28nm."

Which vendor/process?
legendary
LIR DEV
To my knowledge this has been confirmed previously, and it is not eASIC.
Honestly, I don't know the noise-free information on that; I do have recollection of that being denied or asserted to be not feasible.  

Still, there's a lot more that makes sense to me on that path, and there is a known relationship between OrSoC and eASIC.  

I really don't know.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232852.80
Post 82
"ChipGeek's" Question #1 of the openday report:

1) "Is your ASIC design a hardcopy of the existing FPGA design or is it a semi-custom standard cell design?  (They've said "standard cell" before but other information makes it look like hardcopy.)"

Just for kicks...This is my favorite post:

"Me: So that there was going to be my next so where are the weak links in the chain basically?

Marcus None (laughs)

Me: So...your, your that confident?

Marcus: Yes

(General laughing)

Marcus: Yes, yes, absolutely...

Sam: We have tested absolutely everything. We are over-cooling it, we are over powering it; 1000w

Marcus interupting: Oh yeah, we have margins on each.

Sam: We have margins on margins.

Marcus: we have margins and margins on margins just to make sure that we are reducing the risk throughout the whole cell. I mean we have redesigned the RTL code for the ASIC in a way so that we make it easier for the backend guys to do the backend to reduce risk.

Andreas: The devices have to run 24/7 as well. So we have to be confident that when people put the device on the shelf, can run it not for only one day, but hopefully a year down the line.

Sam: In Dubai, in an apartment, without the air-con on!

Andreas: We give them something that is maximum of everything it might work for a while, but then it might break because it was too hot, so we've taken a lot of margins."

Hell?
Great news. I need some sexy pics of the ASIC hardware soon. (hopefully troll safe text)

a picture of the casing would blow my mind. i would be so happy just to see what it looks like. i heard from the open day that its going to be more like a "cage" so air can pass through and fingers wont get burned.

Casing will be practical and functional, but nothing aesthetic orientated. The hosting casing will be more the 19 inch server form factor to fit within data centres. I'm keen to see DIY case mods from buyers being creative and funky. That goes for all DIY projects as well. We certain,y have some creative members on this forum, looking forward to seeing some show pieces in rig design...

have you had any contact with them in the last little while? im really jonesing for another update. june 26th seems so long ago now!

i wish i could have gone to the open day, would love to meet them and get a better sense of the company. really hoping they are sandbagging us!
Activity: 532
Bitcoin is going to generate 3600 coins per day for many, many years to come. 

If by "many, many years" you mean less than 4, then we are in agreement Cheesy.
Well, if you think BTC is only going to be around for four more years, then let's figure out a way to really short these things, and just be done with it.  Wink

Oh, wait: selling mining equipment is a bear bet on bitcoin after all, isn't it?

every 4 years reward for every block is halved.

Yup; 1,800 -> 900 -> 450 etc.
Great news. I need some sexy pics of the ASIC hardware soon. (hopefully troll safe text)

a picture of the casing would blow my mind. i would be so happy just to see what it looks like. i heard from the open day that its going to be more like a "cage" so air can pass through and fingers wont get burned.

Casing will be practical and functional, but nothing aesthetic orientated. The hosting casing will be more the 19 inch server form factor to fit within data centres. I'm keen to see DIY case mods from buyers being creative and funky. That goes for all DIY projects as well. We certain,y have some creative members on this forum, looking forward to seeing some show pieces in rig design...
i asked if any new updates were coming to the website news section, emilia says they will be posting more technical info about the devices "shortly". heres hoping! i check the damn site every hour. lol

IT IS SUNDAY!! They dont work at sunday^^ (European Time)

I would not be surprised if they do currently, they'd been burning the candle at both ends when I saw them, which is why I found BTCman/BTCGarden's comment of trashing KnC and European engineers as lazy in his Chinese thread for his forthcoming ASIC particularly amusing...
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is going to generate 3600 coins per day for many, many years to come. 

If by "many, many years" you mean less than 4, then we are in agreement Cheesy.
Well, if you think BTC is only going to be around for four more years, then let's figure out a way to really short these things, and just be done with it.  Wink

Oh, wait: selling mining equipment is a bear bet on bitcoin after all, isn't it?

every 4 years reward for every block is halved.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
To my knowledge this has been confirmed previously, and it is not eASIC.
Honestly, I don't know the noise-free information on that; I do have recollection of that being denied or asserted to be not feasible. 

Still, there's a lot more that makes sense to me on that path, and there is a known relationship between OrSoC and eASIC. 

I really don't know.
Jump to: