Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1974. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is going to generate 3600 coins per day for many, many years to come. 

If by "many, many years" you mean less than 4, then we are in agreement Cheesy.
Well, if you think BTC is only going to be around for four more years, then let's figure out a way to really short these things, and just be done with it.  Wink

Oh, wait: selling mining equipment is a bear bet on bitcoin after all, isn't it?
Activity: 173

How else would the lead times they are claiming be possible?   There is no way they are designing a full chip.   It really makes me wonder how they are getting these numbers they are claiming though?
I don't know if they are using eASIC for this project, not enough info has come out yet. It would be interesting to know.

To my knowledge this has been confirmed previously, and it is not eASIC.
Activity: 173
Bitcoin is going to generate 3600 coins per day for many, many years to come.  That hasn't escaped the notice of many people who can, and are, taking that seriously.   

If by "many, many years" you mean less than 4, then we are in agreement Cheesy.
Activity: 238
How else would the lead times they are claiming be possible?   There is no way they are designing a full chip.   It really makes me wonder how they are getting these numbers they are claiming though?

That (eASIC) potential is the only thing that ever made any sense to me, and the relationship between them and OrSoC is the only reason I've given this any real credibility.

There are some things that just aren't vanilla here, though, and that's why, if the $3.5MM NRE number is real, there must be something new in the works. 

Remember something when you think about these developments by entities that aren't kids or firms which lack the scientific guidance like in the case of BFL.  Bitcoin is going to generate 3600 coins per day for many, many years to come.  That hasn't escaped the notice of many people who can, and are, taking that seriously.   
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Just a little bit of info regarding KnC
They contact ckolivas and myself at the end of May regarding cgminer and related information.

They then stated they'd be sending (in July) mock up devices (with an internal RPi) for us to work with on cgminer, then in September the real (faster) devices to tune cgminer to.

I have, however, heard nothing since, but no doubt expect to hear something soon.

I'll keep everyone posted if anything happens Smiley
Thanks Kano!
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

I don't know if they are using eASIC for this project, not enough info has come out yet. It would be interesting to know.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner

The 6th image is an eASIC board perhaps you need to look it up on Google, it's not an ASIC designed from the ground up, but a programmable prototype that gets converted to an easicopy production ASIC. Most of the FPGA vendors have this kind of service to some extent. The type of thing we are talking about for KNCminer is a totally different beast, though I would imagine an eASIC prototype would be a viable test of the logic.

ORSorc are a channel partner for eASIC.

So the KNC ASIC miners are based upon eASIC's and not a cell based ASIC?

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

The 6th image is an eASIC board perhaps you need to look it up on Google, it's not an ASIC designed from the ground up, but a programmable prototype that gets converted to an easicopy production ASIC. Most of the FPGA vendors have this kind of service to some extent. The type of thing we are talking about for KNCminer is a totally different beast, though I would imagine an eASIC prototype would be a viable test of the logic.

ORSorc are a channel partner for eASIC.

So the KNC ASIC miners are based upon eASIC's and not a cell based ASIC?
Activity: 574
I'm still waiting for the "Where is friedcat?" thread...
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
Any news since the last update, is knc still on schedule?

No news since.
This is a few post above yours :
i asked if any new updates were coming to the website news section, emilia says they will be posting more technical info about the devices "shortly". heres hoping! i check the damn site every hour. lol
Activity: 462
Any news since the last update, is knc still on schedule?
Activity: 280
Hell?
Great news. I need some sexy pics of the ASIC hardware soon. (hopefully troll safe text)

a picture of the casing would blow my mind. i would be so happy just to see what it looks like. i heard from the open day that its going to be more like a "cage" so air can pass through and fingers wont get burned.
Activity: 602
Great news. I need some sexy pics of the ASIC hardware soon. (hopefully troll safe text)
Hell?
i asked if any new updates were coming to the website news section, emilia says they will be posting more technical info about the devices "shortly". heres hoping! i check the damn site every hour. lol

IT IS SUNDAY!! They dont work at sunday^^ (European Time)

lol. i meant two days ago. i dont expect updates on weekends.
Activity: 218

IT IS SUNDAY!! They dont work at sunday^^ (European Time)
Hell?
Activity: 228
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
They contact ckolivas and myself at the end of May regarding cgminer and related information.

They then stated they'd be sending (in July) mock up devices (with an internal RPi) for us to work with on cgminer, then in September the real (faster) devices to tune cgminer to.

I have, however, heard nothing since, but no doubt expect to hear something soon.

+1
Activity: 294
has the mercury device been shipped?
No, it will be in October.

thanks

didn't see the ship by date and thought it was already out.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
has the mercury device been shipped?

the website seems to suggest so, since the other products mentioned about shipping in sept except mercury
OMG, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaHhHHAHahaahahahahaa,

Wait....

Hahahahahahahahahahaa

uh, omg, I almost pissed my pants!, ty.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV

KANO    Sweeeeeeeet, TY
Jump to: