Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1989. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
I don't like the pricing. Judging from $7000 for 4 chips Jupiter and $3800 for 2 chips Saturn, one chip (simplifying) costs $1600 and there is a fixed cost of $600, so 1 chip Mercury should cost $2200.
If they have set the price to $2000, the customers who bought Saturns can feel treated unfairly, because they had to pay $233.33 too much.  (Counting $1666.66 per chip and $333.33 fixed cost.)

"One chip" means a chip plus a radiator and all what is needed to add when we add one chip.
Fixed cost is for a case, a controlling chips and all what doesn't depend on mining chips count.

We don't know the details now. Maybe their construction is not so modular and the Mercury is quite simpler/cheaper.
But for now I don't like the the price structure.

I'm not sure it makes such a difference to the customer. From an investor standpoint, perhaps KnC isn't getting as much as they can for the Mercury. But from a customer's standpoint, buying 2 Mercury units costs $200 more than buying 1 Saturn unit - how exactly does the Saturn owner feel cheated? They saved $/Gh - end of story.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Yup tried both. Maybe cuz my order is 523

Day 1 as well here!

Bitpop, you used the order tracking number you see when you open your order?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
Well both of mine can't be found, but they're in my account
copy the whole 13 digit code
# to check order status: XXX-XXXX-XXXXXX

I'm also day 1, but I wouldn't get excited until we get confirmation from KnC
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
 I cant get money into my account probably for another 2 days. So likely I wont be Day 1 Tongue
RHA
Activity: 392
I don't like the pricing. Judging from $7000 for 4 chips Jupiter and $3800 for 2 chips Saturn, one chip (simplifying) costs $1600 and there is a fixed cost of $600, so 1 chip Mercury should cost $2200.
If they have set the price to $2000, the customers who bought Saturns can feel treated unfairly, because they had to pay $233.33 too much.  (Counting $1666.66 per chip and $333.33 fixed cost.)

"One chip" means a chip plus a radiator and all what is needed to add when we add one chip.
Fixed cost is for a case, a controlling chips and all what doesn't depend on mining chips count.

We don't know the details now. Maybe their construction is not so modular and the Mercury is quite simpler/cheaper.
But for now I don't like the the price structure.
legendary
Day 1 here as well. Anyone have a preorder that isn't Day 1?
legendary

It wasn't about more revenue, it was about what people truly wanted with respect to price entry point vs. ability to scale customer service.

As the units are modular, they won't be replicating the Jalepeno, Mini Rig debacle. It will be shipped as and when orders were made. Fairly.

Delivering the customer what they want definitely has a relationship with more revenue. Smiley I don't disagree though - people wanted it and it's probably not very difficult to engineer the case so I'm not against it. And yes, I'm confident that KnC will be fair about shipping out the orders.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Day 1 here too.

EDIT: It looks like we are all going to be Day 1.
legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null
DAY1.)

Comment: This order has been scheduled for Shipping on day 1 of production
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Day 1 as well here!

Bitpop, you used the order tracking number you see when you open your order?
legendary
Well both of mine can't be found, but they're in my account
Activity: 700
Where do you see that Huh

Put your order number in the box named "Order tracking" on the bottom right on the front page.
legendary
Where do you see that Huh
Activity: 700
Looks like they finally sorted out their order / preorder queue:

Activity: 280
Has anyone placed an order with them yet?
I feel safer that they have Paypal, but considering ~October~ shipping? Thats really risky. I have a super bad taste in my mouth after BFL. But 100GH/s seems awesome
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
They just reset the stock counters and now there's 2,000 units on stock for every unit

I guess they mean nothing, I don't think they really plan to deliver 1,400TH/s till the end of the year, that would mean that each Jupiter would generate 0,5BTC per day or less and that i would never ROI (at least in BTC terms). I hope they realize that "ROI" in this market means to generate more BTC with your machine than you could have bought with the same amount of $ at the time of the purchase. Lately a read I lot of BS from people saying that "ROI depends on the exchange rate".
legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363

how come I don't see the quantity amount in red text in any of my browsers? Huh  Is everyone seeing as image above?
I can only see the quantity box to select an amount to buy. 

Try increasing your quantity to a high number e.g.: 4000 and you get the red text.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS

this is the way it's displayed in my browsers, also notice different images for the miners.

It's possible they know how final products are going to look like.
legendary
Who is zerlan?
Jump to: