Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1992. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363

Not to break this circlejerk but i have the same opinion and i'm watching this from the beginning. kncminer = next BFL ? Chances are higher than you want to believe ;-)

Disclaimer : I have a kncminer pre-order.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
Activity: 784
AM produces and the market seems happy to pay a premium for that

The entitlement class is also a market that doesn't understand that welfare and food stamps undermines them in the end.  There will be no need for a "custom hardware" board if people just want to pay shares to let someone else do it all.

Anywho, I don't want to hijack the KnC thread here.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
ya, this is what Josh / Inaba says BFL_Josh  
Employee

(" If you think KnC is going to have a fully operational ASIC out and shipping in volume by September with those specs, you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed." ) ??

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

KNC needs to Proof him Wrong.

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out.

Lots of AM hate by you...  BFL had some hidious plans on hosting and still do.  AM is successful. I am not an AM shareholder and I paid top btc for 4 early USBees but I can't fault them at all.  

Blame Avalon for getting bored early with their proof of concept..  obvious their heart isn't really into it anymore

Not familiar with what you're saying in regards to Avalon.  Going open-source you mean?

If AM wants me to stop talking shit, then they should stop solo mining the portion that is not tied by shares and just produce product for people.  I despise their strategy to centralize a gigantic portion of the network.  And I'm not backing down from that.

maybe I am missing something but when they went solo, all their mining has been tied to the shareholders less the fees.

as for Avalon, they didn't want the hassel to compete with anyone even though they talked a big game early..  I like them but they pretty much stop caring.  They say they are working on the next gen chips but haven't even shipped out their batch 3's

AM produces and the market seems happy to pay a premium for that

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Employee

(" If you think KnC is going to have a fully operational ASIC out and shipping in volume by September with those specs, you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed." ) ??

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

Well, Josh is an expert in missing targets. No one has missed more shipping dates, target specs, than he has.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Employee

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out.

Lots of AM hate by you...  BFL had some hidious plans on hosting and still do.  AM is successful. I am not an AM shareholder and I paid top btc for 4 early USBees but I can't fault them at all.  

Blame Avalon for getting bored early with their proof of concept..  obvious their heart isn't really into it anymore

Not familiar with what you're saying in regards to Avalon.  Going open-source you mean?

If AM wants me to stop talking shit, then they should stop solo mining the portion that is not tied by shares and just produce product for people.  I despise their strategy to centralize a gigantic portion of the network.  And I'm not backing down from that.

And thus why Netcoin will be worth more than Bitcoin in 2 years.
Employee

Employee

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out.

Lots of AM hate by you...  BFL had some hidious plans on hosting and still do.  AM is successful. I am not an AM shareholder and I paid top btc for 4 early USBees but I can't fault them at all. 

Blame Avalon for getting bored early with their proof of concept..  obvious their heart isn't really into it anymore

Employee

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out and take out them Chinese fuckers.  Sorry, I worked in an industry a few years ago where I seen a great number of Chinese companies consistently lie and try to cut off our heads.  It's not related to this IC industry.  But they are greedy little turds.  Yet powerful.

Back to Josh's comment...I did find this response pretty funny...

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition-2.html#post44828
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity.

Don't buy a PS yet.  They don't have final power requirements yet and will make a recommendation when they do.

I was just going to post, but KNC have said this in another thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2520109
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Employee

legendary
Activity: 994
Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity. Is there a USB port on it? Does it have it's down mining software or can it run what is already out there? I just want to make to make sure I get the right hardware (power converters) and all that) before the unit comes and have the proper software. I started to read the pages and had to stop at 25, it was just taking too long. Not much is on their website about this stuff either.

Don't buy a PS yet.  They don't have final power requirements yet and will make a recommendation when they do.
Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity. Is there a USB port on it? Does it have it's down mining software or can it run what is already out there? I just want to make to make sure I get the right hardware (power converters) and all that) before the unit comes and have the proper software. I started to read the pages and had to stop at 25, it was just taking too long. Not much is on their website about this stuff either.

I hope they charge a little more and hire someone to update their FAQ
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

+1. On that note, if KnC were to consider an "IPO" on one of the exchanges, I'm very certain they'd get any reasonable funding they'd want. Everyone is looking for the next AM.
Without a working prototype to demonstrate, IPO style funding would be tricky, and it takes a long time to organize. Kickstarter or pre-orders would be more practical.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Trash-talk from BFL Josh about KnC:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition-post44762.html#post44762

I *really* want them to be able to rub this in his face three months from now.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
SEE FAQ #2 ON THE FAQ PAGE

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners.

Yeah that's fine, I think.  That is different from ASICMiner who is growing into a gigantic solo operation to own the network.  I guess time will tell.

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners.

Heh, so we're clear, according to Paladin69:

KnC: Owners will be purchasing their own hardware at cost, mine with it and sell it. - *Good*
ASICMiner: Owners purchase their own hardware at cost, mine with it, sell it and share the revenues with their public investors - *Scammer*

Aren't you tired of the double standard, Paladin? You might want to rethink throwing around the scammer tagline.
---
I'm a strong supporter of both KnC and AM since they're both open and honest about their intentions - I just don't think that there's something inherently wrong with mining with your own hardware. I have a much bigger problem with Avalon and BFL pretending not to mine with their own hardware.

You all seem to forget that AM was at least partially (if not totally) funded with the funds raised in the IPO. Is a 50% publicly owned company from minute 1 (meaning BEFORE hardware development and manufacture).

Still, it's an amazing example of flawless and honest management (do not forget Friedcat is anonymous and he runs a completely "underground" operation, while delivering flawlessly). What they achieved is impressing and IMO they should be admired.

Aspects, I agree. They are ruthlessly efficient, and admittedly their buyers don't seem to complain.

You should also know they are not only efficient in delivering hardware. They have been the very best possible management for their investors. They launched the ipo with 200,000 shares priced at 0.1BTC each, and they paid back the cost of each share to the public IPO investors with the first dividend. All the very first revenue generated by mining was reverted to investors so the people that believed in them was able to immediately breakeven.

Plus, they never failed a royalty pay day and they have been completely transparent when explaining delays in deployment, etc. As I said earlier, AM at IPO price has been the very best Bitcoin related investment up to date, hands off - and we had a lot of "mining bonds", securities and schemes of all kinds going on since the early days.

+1. On that note, if KnC were to consider an "IPO" on one of the exchanges, I'm very certain they'd get any reasonable funding they'd want. Everyone is looking for the next AM.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
emailed support and got this regarding refunds:

-------------

Hi,

It depends on the method you used  to pay. But PayPal refunds are fairly quick.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

To: Customer Service
Subject: Re: New order # 2863

ok, thank you. How long do refunds usually take?

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

You can request a refund at any time prior to shipment date.

Thanks
Emilia

Thank you for the update...   I was one of the lucky ones who was able to cancel a late BFL Single SC order..  and used paypal to do it...it begins very quick, but takes about ten banking days to get to your bank. First, it goes from their bank, to paypal, (Depending on how long it takes for them to "approve it, takes 3-5 working days plus however many days they lalligagged.)at which time they boast completion: but then, it travels from PayPal to the source you funded it from: card, bank, etc...which of course takes even more time... 3-5 more business days. So at best 6 banking days, super minimum. Mine from BFL took two weeks, with Jody approving it next-day.

That really chapps my arse as well.... about ten seconds to purchase, and two weeks to refund, with a compliant vendor!
anyone critizing AM forgets that they have shareholders and they did auctions to determine market price on their units before settling on prices for later batches.   

Friedcat has played his hand, his investors hand, and the free market hand brilliantly all at the same time

That is why I told that ars technica writer to forget about BFL and do his paper on AM.  But I guess that would of been too much work and not enough sleeze

Jump to: