Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1993. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
SEE FAQ #2 ON THE FAQ PAGE

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners.

Yeah that's fine, I think.  That is different from ASICMiner who is growing into a gigantic solo operation to own the network.  I guess time will tell.

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners.

Heh, so we're clear, according to Paladin69:

KnC: Owners will be purchasing their own hardware at cost, mine with it and sell it. - *Good*
ASICMiner: Owners purchase their own hardware at cost, mine with it, sell it and share the revenues with their public investors - *Scammer*

Aren't you tired of the double standard, Paladin? You might want to rethink throwing around the scammer tagline.
---
I'm a strong supporter of both KnC and AM since they're both open and honest about their intentions - I just don't think that there's something inherently wrong with mining with your own hardware. I have a much bigger problem with Avalon and BFL pretending not to mine with their own hardware.

You all seem to forget that AM was at least partially (if not totally) funded with the funds raised in the IPO. Is a 50% publicly owned company from minute 1 (meaning BEFORE hardware development and manufacture).

Still, it's an amazing example of flawless and honest management (do not forget Friedcat is anonymous and he runs a completely "underground" operation, while delivering flawlessly). What they achieved is impressing and IMO they should be admired.

Aspects, I agree. They are ruthlessly efficient, and admittedly their buyers don't seem to complain.

You should also know they are not only efficient in delivering hardware. They have been the very best possible management for their investors. They launched the ipo with 200,000 shares priced at 0.1BTC each, and they paid back the cost of each share to the public IPO investors with the first dividend. All the very first revenue generated by mining was reverted to investors so the people that believed in them was able to immediately breakeven.

Plus, they never failed a royalty pay day and they have been completely transparent when explaining delays in deployment, etc. As I said earlier, AM at IPO price has been the very best Bitcoin related investment up to date, hands off - and we had a lot of "mining bonds", securities and schemes of all kinds going on since the early days.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners.

Yeah that's fine, I think.  That is different from ASICMiner who is growing into a gigantic solo operation to own the network.  I guess time will tell.

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners.

KnC: Owners will be purchasing their own hardware at cost, mine with it and sell it. - *Good*
ASICMiner: Owners purchase their own hardware at cost, mine with it, sell it and share the revenues with their public investors - *Scammer*

Aren't you tired of the double standard, Paladin? You might want to rethink throwing around the scammer tagline.
---
I'm a strong supporter of both KnC and AM since they're both open and honest about their intentions - I just don't think that there's something inherently wrong with mining with your own hardware. I have a much bigger problem with Avalon and BFL pretending not to mine with their own hardware.

You all seem to forget that AM was at least partially (if not totally) funded with the funds raised in the IPO. Is a 50% publicly owned company from minute 1 (meaning BEFORE hardware development and manufacture).

Still, it's an amazing example of flawless and honest management (do not forget Friedcat is anonymous and he runs a completely "underground" operation, while delivering flawlessly). What they achieved is impressing and IMO they should be admired.

Aspects, I agree. They are ruthlessly efficient, and admittedly their buyers don't seem to complain.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

---

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
emailed support and got this regarding refunds:

-------------

Hi,

It depends on the method you used  to pay. But PayPal refunds are fairly quick.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

To: Customer Service
Subject: Re: New order # 2863

ok, thank you. How long do refunds usually take?

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

You can request a refund at any time prior to shipment date.

Thanks
Emilia
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

---

If BFL was mining with it, it would be visible.  ASICMiner is clearly visible when looking at the pie charts.

I'm tired of explaining to the economic illiterate how paper promises work.  There is no double-standard, at least not yet that can be seen...I guess we'll find out this September.  I've said my peace in the other thread.  If you want to continue to help somebody centralize then whatever.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
I agree 100% with Canth  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

---
legendary
LIR DEV
Really?... wow. Can you post a link about the AsicMiner situation? I'd like to prepare for that situation, or at least try...

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners and what their definition of "diversified" means.
legendary
LIR DEV
I think knc is where they want to be right now slightly ahead of schedule for September deliveries.  If I were the competition I would be worried seeing as how once they pump out these machines they begin working on more energy efficient models maybe even 22nm chips.

Nothing to worry about so long as they don't mine with what they produce.  I hope they give Chinese scammers an uphill battle and I wish KNC the best.  I will proudly support them.  We need somebody competent in the ASIC world that can deliver.  If everything goes as planned for a September delivery then it's about fricken' time.
HUH? they DO mine with their product, as stated on the site....lol...what's wrong with that?

orly...that's news to me.  Sad  That wasn't on the site last I looked.  But I haven't looked in a while.

We need developers that stick to testnet.

Do they mine just what they need or do they plan on owning the network like ASICMiner?

I think you're both confused. They, as in each individual; Sam, Andreas, Johan, Marcus and Michael are miners themselves.

That doesn't mean they mine for profit using your hardware.

When it comes to testing they aim to have our wallet details, so the machines can be preconfigured the and the test credit enter our wallets, therefore, when we receive the product, we can simply; "plug n' play".

Yeah I don't care that miners are developers.  I just hate seeing things like ASICMiner continually grow in-house solo'ing it.  It's not good.  Cool that they will send you test credits.  I was aware of them having their own collocation but it never bothered me they were going to lease since they aren't dividing things up like a stock.

I guess anything else you know I'd be happy to hear it.  This thread is freaking long and Sam has never told me much about their own individual mining operations.  As long as they are individual I don't see it as an issue.
I think knc is where they want to be right now slightly ahead of schedule for September deliveries.  If I were the competition I would be worried seeing as how once they pump out these machines they begin working on more energy efficient models maybe even 22nm chips.

Nothing to worry about so long as they don't mine with what they produce.  I hope they give Chinese scammers an uphill battle and I wish KNC the best.  I will proudly support them.  We need somebody competent in the ASIC world that can deliver.  If everything goes as planned for a September delivery then it's about fricken' time.
HUH? they DO mine with their product, as stated on the site....lol...what's wrong with that?

orly...that's news to me.  Sad  That wasn't on the site last I looked.  But I haven't looked in a while.

Do they mine just what they need or do they plan on owning the network like ASICMiner?

I think you're both confused. They, as in each individual; Sam, Andreas, Johan, Marcus and Michael are miners themselves.

That doesn't mean they mine for profit using your hardware.

When it comes to testing they aim to have our wallet details, so the machines can be preconfigured the and the test credit enter our wallets, therefore, when we receive the product, we can simply; "plug n' play".
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I don't mind if they mine BTC when testing my units.  Just use my payout address when they do. ;-)

legendary
LIR DEV
I think knc is where they want to be right now slightly ahead of schedule for September deliveries.  If I were the competition I would be worried seeing as how once they pump out these machines they begin working on more energy efficient models maybe even 22nm chips.

Nothing to worry about so long as they don't mine with what they produce.  I hope they give Chinese scammers an uphill battle and I wish KNC the best.  I will proudly support them.  We need somebody competent in the ASIC world that can deliver.  If everything goes as planned for a September delivery then it's about fricken' time.
HUH? they DO mine with their product, as stated on the site....lol...(FAQ#2) What's wrong with that? It would be extremely difficult to develop a product without actually using it.
more operating capitol means better faster machines, quicker to market.
PS... did you get burnt from a Chinese scammer?

Nothing to worry about so long as they don't mine with what they produce.  I hope they give Chinese scammers an uphill battle and I wish KNC the best.  I will proudly support them.  We need somebody competent in the ASIC world that can deliver.  If everything goes as planned for a September delivery then it's about fricken' time we finally have somebody that knows their shit.
legendary
LIR DEV
Wishful Thinking....right, my bad.  Better stick with BFL, eh?
RHA
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Also, the fact that the last news report (June 26)confirmed from the MANUFACTURER, that the updated RTL code did indeed increase the performance of the chips; which to me, means that not only have they been on this for quite some time, but that the manufacturer was testing the first production chips last week, which couldn't be done without a working PCB as well.... So I think they are ALOT further down the path than you are thinking...
It's a wishful thinking. The manufacturer checks the code and estimates the performance of the chips with advanced simulations before starting with the silicon.

Yeah I saw this Sat, this should bump up the BTC price nicely as exchanges make efforts to play legit.

It's def a big step...

Yeah I saw this Sat, this should bump up the BTC price nicely as exchanges make efforts to play legit.

It's def a big step...
Jump to: