Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1991. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I dont think so, theyre going to be huge like a toast. BFL does 2 ghs in half cpu size. theres no way knc can squeeze 100x that in 2x the space. Even if the nm is 2x smaller.
I'm not complaining, I want a giant chip

With jam, peanut butter, or honey?? Grin
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I dont think so, theyre going to be huge like a toast. BFL does 2 ghs in half cpu size. theres no way knc can squeeze 100x that in 2x the space. Even if the nm is 2x smaller.
I'm not complaining, I want a giant chip

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
It looks like KnC is planning on a smaller unit, called Mercury (typo'd on the page). Cost $1,9995  - specs appear to be mis-copied from Jupiter. Check it out.

yep you're right, mis-copied is the right word: "Shipment begins in September"... 

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
It looks like KnC is planning on a smaller unit, called Mercury (typo'd on the page). Cost $1,9995  - hashrate appears to be mis-copied from Jupiter since it's probably a single chip unit. Check it out.

legendary
Size of a toast?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supposedly their chips are GIANT
but shrinking...
latest packaging is ~56 mm2
legendary
Supposedly their chips are GIANT
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
That newsletter suggests the Jupiter draws 1,000watts and has 4 chips, that's 250watts per chip!

Thats 2,5 Watt per GH  Wink
erk
Activity: 826

the tech ann was already published, look at it here:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-22

That newsletter suggests the Jupiter draws 1,000watts and has 4 chips, that's 250watts per chip! I raise my eyebrows like Mr Spock, because a 40 x 40mm HFCBGA is typically for 60watts, not sure how much more 55 x 55mm gets you.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Inaba aka Josh Zerlan is such a tard Smiley  He should bet 1000 BTC if he is so sure!
Activity: 389

Also, odd grasp of English Josh demonstrates there; using two adjectives of similar meaning next to eachother;

'Assuredly,' and 'bound'. In this context they mean the same thing.

One would say; "you're assured to be disappointed", or "you're bound to be disappointed", but one would never say, "you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed", that's nonsense.

This is compounded by the fact 'almost' introduces an element of doubt into the sentence, that negates the 'assured'/'binding' disappointment promised by Josh.

Bizarre.

Only thing I'm certain of is; Josh requires remedial English classes...or isn't fully 'assured' his competition is 'bound' to fail to meet deadlines, let alone as many deadlines as Butterfly Labs have routinely failed to meet, every two weekstm!! Grin

err, we should egg him to put his money where his mouth is on bitbet...
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
 Grin  Grin  Grin

Most believed that deliver avalon before 1st April. The reality has been different...
http://bitbet.us/bet/269/avalon-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-april-1st/
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Quote Un Quote :

" Re: KNC Miner - Jupiter device: which PSU are you guys planning on using?
June 19, 2013, 02:46:06 PM

Reply with quote  #14
Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam "

From his statement seem like the Asic Chip has not been order?? "We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s." ?? are they still playing around with the chip??

the tech ann was already published, look at it here:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-22

Also, odd grasp of English Josh demonstrates there; using two adjectives of similar meaning next to eachother;

One would say; "you're assured to be disappointed", or "you're bound to be disappointed", but one would never say, "you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed", that's nonsense.

This is compounded by the fact 'almost' introduces an element of doubt into the sentence, that negates the 'assured'/'binding' disappointment promised by Josh.

Bizarre.

Only thing I'm certain of is; Josh requires remedial English classes...or isn't fully 'assured' his competition is 'bound' to fail to meet deadlines, let alone as many deadlines as Butterfly Labs have routinely failed to meet, every two weekstm!! Grin

Grin  Grin  Grin

Well his words are a little disingenuous to 'almost assuredly bindtm" to a bet currently, maybe he's learnt?? Grin

Currently he's; "Not quite certain that he's definitely certain...".

I don't know how you could bet for, or against that. Huh Embarrassed Grin

Perhaps Josh has a more capable grasp of the English language than I've given him credit for, and he's fully aware of the wagering connotation of every belief he espouses!!?

At least this way he could never win, or lose! Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV

Bizarre.

Grin  Grin  Grin

Bizarre.

ya, this is what Josh / Inaba says BFL_Josh  
Employee

(" If you think KnC is going to have a fully operational ASIC out and shipping in volume by September with those specs, you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed." ) ??

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

KNC needs to Proof him Wrong.

Well, Josh is an expert in missing targets. No one has missed more shipping dates, target specs, than he has.

G**dam*it, that was going to be my witty retort! You beat me to it!! Tongue

Activity: 462
Firing it up

Not to break this circlejerk but i have the same opinion and i'm watching this from the beginning. kncminer = next BFL ? Chances are higher than you want to believe ;-)

Disclaimer : I have a kncminer pre-order.

No one knows which statement is correct unless a sample can be provided. I'm still looking on the "Gibberish" while I have copied many avatars to follow up, currently only the pyramining is fully trusted while the other is questionable. The provider will answer some of our question soon as Cloudhashing has some feedback, which starts from July. Perhaps 31 st July? May be the answer...
Activity: 462
Firing it up
Can someone tell me please if I order a miner now when would I get it? Tons of post here...  Grin Do we know the number of orders so far?

Any video or picture of a working unit?

Thanks!

We only know the 890 at least, more will come. Please refer their news.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Quote Un Quote :

" Re: KNC Miner - Jupiter device: which PSU are you guys planning on using?
June 19, 2013, 02:46:06 PM

Reply with quote  #14
Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam "

From his statement seem like the Asic Chip has not been order?? "We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s." ?? are they still playing around with the chip??

Jump to: