Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1990. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
It's funny that the announcement comes on the heels of Zerlan being a douche.

Pure coincidence. They would have put a lot more thought into their actions, than Josh does with his comments!! Grin
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS

how come I don't see the quantity amount in red text in any of my browsers? Huh  Is everyone seeing as image above?
I can only see the quantity box to select an amount to buy. 
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Interesting news.

I think reading between the Lines, the first two Products and the number of pre-orders still on track for a September shipping. So all new pre-orders and the new Mercury Asic go to the back of the queue which is now at October.

Keep the KnC faith.  ;-)
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
It's funny that the announcement comes on the heels of Zerlan being a douche.
They definitely backtracked:
2,000 Mercury on stock. Wow. This looks bad to me. You can say they are "listening to the market", but its clear to me that if they had enough orders for Jupiter + Saturn they wouldn't do the additional work required to develop and sell a different, smaller unit, opening the preorders for it in a record time.

IMO, this only means they didn't get enough orders of the previous units. This is starting to look bad.

I really don't agree with this analysis at all. This is still an upper market unit, when you compare it to the 5gh/s BFL miner at $275 or the 335Mh/s AM USBminer at $100.

It's not much different from Saturn, just 1 chip instead of 2. It's a way for them to capture more revenue and realistically, they need to do that between now and October since we all know that the profit will have to go down as the network hashrate increases and the perceived ROI for a product takes more and more time.

I don't see this as a good thing or a bad thing - just business. If people want to order them, so be it.

My only concern is that I want items to go out in order - I don't care if Mercury equipment is available to ship on day 1. I want all products to go out in the order that we placed our orders. I'm confident that they won't make the mistakes that BFL did when they shipped 2 months worth of Jalapenos at the expense of orders for MiniRigs and Singles.

It wasn't about more revenue, it was about what people truly wanted with respect to price entry point vs. ability to scale customer service.

As the units are modular, they won't be replicating the Jalepeno, Mini Rig debacle. It will be shipped as and when orders were made. Fairly.

2,000 Mercury on stock. Wow. This looks bad to me. You can say they are "listening to the market", but its clear to me that if they had enough orders for Jupiter + Saturn they wouldn't do the additional work required to develop and sell a different, smaller unit, opening the preorders for it in a record time.

IMO, this only means they didn't get enough orders of the previous units. This is starting to look bad.

As I said before they cleared NRE, they've had more than enough orders for the other units, as another member stated and I am inclined to now agree, you are staring to spread FUD.
My problem is:

They take a lot time to read threads and post some new products.

But not a single word about the paid preorders from April and the actually queue position of all the 1-500 customers. Roll Eyes

No they don't read the threads. They held a voting poll on their site lasting three weeks.

Before that was a vote for a Litecoin/Altcurrency miner.

Keep up! Wink
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Mm knc toast, I want to buy a broken chip
And yeah mercury is bullshit and raising my scam radar again which decreased after cancelling the fpga
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

I really don't agree with this analysis at all. This is still an upper market unit, when you compare it to the 5gh/s BFL miner at $275 or the 335Mh/s AM USBminer at $100.

It's not much different from Saturn, just 1 chip instead of 2. It's a way for them to capture more revenue and realistically, they need to do that between now and October since we all know that the profit will have to go down as the network hashrate increases and the perceived ROI for a product takes more and more time.

I don't see this as a good thing or a bad thing - just business. If people want to order them, so be it.

My only concern is that I want items to go out in order - I don't care if Mercury equipment is available to ship on day 1. I want all products to go out in the order that we placed our orders. I'm confident that they won't make the mistakes that BFL did when they shipped 2 months worth of Jalapenos at the expense of orders for MiniRigs and Singles.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
the smaller unit is more for those who prefer the lower end unit at a more affordable price.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
My problem is:

They take a lot time to read threads and post some new products.

But not a single word about the paid preorders from April and the actually queue position of all the 1-500 customers. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Inaba aka Josh Zerlan is such a tard Smiley  He should bet 1000 BTC if he is so sure!

Josh put your money where your mouth is and take the bets if you are so sure. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363
It looks like KnC is planning on a smaller unit, called Mercury (typo'd on the page). Cost $1,9995  - hashrate appears to be mis-copied from Jupiter since it's probably a single chip unit. Check it out.

KnC has stated many times that they were looking to aim to the higher segment of the market, because scaling up to massive demand was difficult.

Indeed, if they are big enough is always better to deal with fewer, bigger customers, than more small customers.

The fact they are backtracking so fast looks like a bad omen to me. They already said in a subtle way that the chips order was not placed yet as they were still discussing "how much" with the fab, and figuring out "how many".

I hope this new, smaller unit does not mean they need more  preorders before being able to place the chip order.

Now I will get slaughtered by the wishful thinkers who have wet dreams about KnC delivering in August. Good enough, I know my assumptions are based on rational and cold analysis of facts and not on hopes or emotion driven conclusions.

No, you are right , this will end in a bad delay.
It looks like KnC is planning on a smaller unit, called Mercury (typo'd on the page). Cost $1,9995  - hashrate appears to be mis-copied from Jupiter since it's probably a single chip unit. Check it out.

KnC has stated many times that they were looking to aim to the higher segment of the market, because scaling up to massive demand was difficult.

Indeed, if they are big enough is always better to deal with fewer, bigger customers, than more small customers.

The fact they are backtracking so fast looks like a bad omen to me. They already said in a subtle way that the chips order was not placed yet as they where still discussing "how much", and figuring out "how many".

I hope this new, smaller unit does not mean they need more  preorders before being able to place the chip order.

Now I will get slaughtered by the wishful thinkers who have wet dreams about KnC delivering in August. Good enough, I know my assumptions are based on rational and cold analysis of facts and not on hopes or emotion driven conclusions.

Wink No slaughtering. Or need for 'tin-foil hats', they just listened to their potential customer base that voted.

FWIW I would have preferred they stayed with the larger customers for ease of servicing current customers, but at the same time they risk excluding/ignoring the people that have made Bitcoin what it is...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

The fact they are backtracking so fast looks like a bad omen to me. They already said in a subtle way that the chips order was not placed yet as they were still discussing "how much" with the fab, and figuring out "how many".

I hope this new, smaller unit does not mean they need more  preorders before being able to place the chip order.

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
It looks like KnC is planning on a smaller unit, called Mercury (typo'd on the page). Cost $1,9995  - specs appear to be mis-copied from Jupiter. Check it out.

yep you're right, mis-copied is the right word: "Shipment begins in September"... 

they really do listen they have already changed the original shipping date from September to October  Tongue

Shipping "next week" would also do!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
It looks like KnC is planning on a smaller unit, called Mercury (typo'd on the page). Cost $1,9995  - specs appear to be mis-copied from Jupiter. Check it out.

yep you're right, mis-copied is the right word: "Shipment begins in September"... 

they really do listen they have already changed the original shipping date from September to October  Tongue
I dont think so, theyre going to be huge like a toast. BFL does 2 ghs in half cpu size. theres no way knc can squeeze 100x that in 2x the space. Even if the nm is 2x smaller.
I'm not complaining, I want a giant chip

With jam, peanut butter, or honey?? Grin

With peanut butter AND honey!

Better heat transfer, or more welcome aroma...?! Tongue
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I dont think so, theyre going to be huge like a toast. BFL does 2 ghs in half cpu size. theres no way knc can squeeze 100x that in 2x the space. Even if the nm is 2x smaller.
I'm not complaining, I want a giant chip

With jam, peanut butter, or honey?? Grin

With peanut butter AND honey!
Jump to: