Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2088. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
My offer of acting as a bridge between the community and KNCMiner still stands.
I am happy to take a look at the devices once they are ready, and document any information I can get.
Then publish it as a independent third party for anyone to take part of, to make it easier to make a decisions if you should purchase a miner from KNCMiner or not.
I am located in Stockholm and I have very good reputation.
//DeaDTerra

Why don't u walk over to their office or factory and take some photos of their production lines Smiley
videos are even better, pretty sure they must something going on by now, right?
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I am happy to take a look at the devices once they are ready, and document any information I can get.
Then publish it as a independent third party for anyone to take part of, to make it easier to make a decisions if you should purchase a miner from KNCMiner or not.
//DeaDTerra

Haha you're not the only one! Wink
I am sure I am not Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
//DeaDTerra

Haha you're not the only one! Wink
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 406
You can't convert an SHA265 Bitcoin FPGA to A Scrypt mining Litecoin FPGA. Scrypt demnds more memory, so onboard DDR is required. That needs to be designed into the board from the beginning.

ORSoC are capable of doing this. If you follow the links I added above you can see threads about it on this forum as well as an FAQ.

The Altera Cyclone IV chip they are listing for the Mars has a DDR2 interface.

It's always possible they thought "hey, look: add a bit of ddr2 here and we can also make LTC FPGAs" (or not, anyway). The design change might not be as drastic as one might think and it makes good business sense to re-use existing designs.

if the FPGA can get to 70 or more mh/s for mining Litecoin,  I will get a couple of this baby .. Smiley

Yes the big capital letter : IF
KS
Activity: 448
You can't convert an SHA265 Bitcoin FPGA to A Scrypt mining Litecoin FPGA. Scrypt demnds more memory, so onboard DDR is required. That needs to be designed into the board from the beginning.

ORSoC are capable of doing this. If you follow the links I added above you can see threads about it on this forum as well as an FAQ.

The Altera Cyclone IV chip they are listing for the Mars has a DDR2 interface.

It's always possible they thought "hey, look: add a bit of ddr2 here and we can also make LTC FPGAs" (or not, anyway). The design change might not be as drastic as one might think and it makes good business sense to re-use existing designs.
So ... the 2 months from now in the first post was ... ?

Hi everybody,

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.
Our company kncminer is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new web shop dedicated to the online sale of Bitcoin hardware to the international community, www.kncminer.com.

A lot of scam sites are appearing every day and we are not one of them, therefore we will not take any orders and are only registering interest.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIoC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)
Register an account now it’s completely free and if you subscribe to our newsletter we will alert you the moment we open the order books for entry and other information around the ASIC products.
If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them.

Happy mining

Not 2 months, in the summer of 2013 (you might have thought "hey in just 2 months" at the time...), which leaves until september 21st...
That was 8th April ... read again ...

By definition a few is anything above 2, a couple being equal to 2.
So in this case it's suddenly 5.5 months now ...

No you're making assumptions and not following their updates. They clearly stated FPGA soon, ASIC early Autumn when they revised their product offering. Besides here, it's clearly written on their site;

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-10

Can't get clearer than that. You do seem to have an ulterior motive?

You could be helping them realise this potentially sooner with your software expertise.
... so they should put a big black line through the first post Tongue

Ha, yup or, update.

They also need to be specific as to what they determine early Autumn to be, not by the day, you can't hold them accountable by that, but certainly by a given period.

There's no excuse to repeat the mistakes made by BFL, they know what they are getting into and they read this thread. They need to state their intention from the start, by they way they mean to follow.

Under-promising and over-delivering is always appreciated. Wink
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Hi everybody,

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.
Our company kncminer is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new web shop dedicated to the online sale of Bitcoin hardware to the international community, www.kncminer.com.

A lot of scam sites are appearing every day and we are not one of them, therefore we will not take any orders and are only registering interest.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIoC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)
Register an account now it’s completely free and if you subscribe to our newsletter we will alert you the moment we open the order books for entry and other information around the ASIC products.

Happy mining

Not 2 months, in the summer of 2013 (you might have thought "hey in just 2 months" at the time...), which leaves until september 21st...

No you're making assumptions and not following their updates. They clearly stated FPGA soon, ASIC early Autumn when they revised their product offering. Besides here, it's clearly written on their site;

You could be helping them realise this potentially sooner with your software expertise.
... so they should put a big black line through the first post Tongue
KS
geez Smiley

Summer ends September 21st. No extrapolating how ppl read KnC posts, though.

Early Autumn is technically from September 22nd on. Might be October etc depends what the mean by early and whether they think September is already in Autumn.

Anyway, the sooner Mars is released, the better. Heck, I might even decide it's an honest enough scam to loose 2.7K USD on it. Smiley

Hi everybody,

Happy mining

legendary

Hi everybody,

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

Happy mining

You been taking dictionary definitions from Luke-Jr? He makes up shit all the time and says that dictionaries are wrong.

http://www.ask.com/question/how-much-is-a-few

Hi everybody,

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

Happy mining

legendary

Hi everybody,

Happy mining

Edit: I don't see how a few months = 5.5 months ...
KS
Their last update specifically said - early Autumn for the ASIC, very soon for an FPGA.

OK, September 22nd then. Smiley

Right now I'm more interested in how soon is really soon for their FPGA. In Autumn, 7K for 250GH/s will still be a deal.

$5k if you get the FPGA, there's $2k off the ASIC price if you purchased the FPGA. I'm not keen on a Bitcoin FPGA though, it's a waste.

All over a scrypt mining Litecoin FPGA though!

All a matter of timing and I hope they might release a firmware to convert the BTC FPGAs into LTC FPGAs.

Even if they don't, given the lag on ASICs, I'd get some FPGAs if the price is right and theirs looks right to me. Also, since my racks are power constrained, more GH/s/W is always good to take.
Their last update specifically said - early Autumn for the ASIC, very soon for an FPGA.

Right now I'm more interested in how soon is really soon for their FPGA. In Autumn, 7K for 250GH/s will still be a deal.

$5k if you get the FPGA, there's $2k off the ASIC price if you purchased the FPGA. I'm not keen on a Bitcoin FPGA though, it's a waste.

All over a scrypt mining Litecoin FPGA though!
KS

In any case they need to be specific with this as with all their intentions. I'm not interested in anything half-hearted or flaky or unproven.
KS

Hi everybody,

Happy mining

Never mentioned?!
Jump to: