Pages:
Author

Topic: [SXC][NSFW] Sexcoin - New Android Client Release! - page 71. (Read 137807 times)

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035
Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

Good news. The Xenial instructions will be very simple, assuming we trust a PPA for db4.8. I've actually used that PPA in the past to install bitcoin core. It's kind of funny how all the bitcoin related PPAs say you shouldn't trust them.

Once I installed that along with all the other dependencies, I just did
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-pic

and it compiled fine with built in gcc 5.4. There were plenty of warnings, but it compiled and is syncing now. Used qt4 although I'm curious if qt5 will work.

That's great news. I was getting those errors on QT5. I've chased down the reason and its pretty sticky. If QT4 builds with no problems we are in good shape.

What do you think of using the PPA?

PPA's are my friend.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

I'm about to put Xenial onto an old Lenovo to see if I can get the GUI working. I thought it would be nice to have a place to post said instructions.

We have a place for instructions. There's stickie posts for these things on sexcoinforum.com.

As a matter of fact, you could start here: https://sexcoinforum.com/index.php?topic=70.msg891#msg891  *note the responses Cheesy

Good news. The Xenial instructions will be very simple, assuming we trust a PPA for db4.8. I've actually used that PPA in the past to install bitcoin core. It's kind of funny how all the bitcoin related PPAs say you shouldn't trust them.

Once I installed that along with all the other dependencies, I just did
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-pic

and it compiled fine with built in gcc 5.4. There were plenty of warnings, but it compiled and is syncing now. Used qt4 although I'm curious if qt5 will work.

What do you think of using the PPA? I'm thinking keep it as simple as possible as not every linux user has experience compiling lots of stuff. Anyone who is paranoid enough and knows how to compile can follow the raw documentation in the docs directory and compile their own version of db4.8.

Time for bed. Tomorrow, I attempt to take apart these two ancient Lenovo laptops I got off ebay and try to flash libreboot on them with a beaglebone black. After that, maybe I'll attempt a Dockerfile for running a node, unless one exists already. I watched multiple docker training courses recently and haven't gotten a chance to apply that knowledge yet. Oh, and finishing that public node is easy enough, I should at least get to that soon.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
LOL I solo mined a block tonight, 12.5 SXC woohoo ;-) Won the lottery. Too bad it wasn't BTC...

20 confirmations so far, waiting on 70 more, hopefully this means it is a REAL block, and won't get hung up.

Congrats!  Smiley
Activity: 42
LOL I solo mined a block tonight, 12.5 SXC woohoo ;-) Won the lottery. Too bad it wasn't BTC...

20 confirmations so far, waiting on 70 more, hopefully this means it is a REAL block, and won't get hung up.
Almost forgot.

Nodes are ALWAYS appreciated.

Cool. That's the xenial box I did the compile without GUI on yesterday. Node is pretty much synced so it's almost ready to go. Do I just open the port and let p2p take its course or should I have something specific in my sexcoin.conf file?

I would open the port, def set up fail2ban. Nodes become an sshd attack magnet.

Code:
server=1
listen=1

rpcuser=blah
rpcpassword=blah
rpcallowfromip=127.0.0.1

addnode=dnsseed.sexcoin.info
addnode=dnsseed.lavajumper.com

check the peerinfo after about 6 hours to make sure its getting picked up.

peer count:
Code:
./sexcoin-cli getpeerinfo |grep subver| wc -l

You can disable the wallet; if you do run the wallet DO NOT PUT COINS THERE.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Just in case anyone is actually wondering, I am actually reading along, just not much to reply to - would like to see the Wiki brought back.
Almost forgot.

Cool. That's the xenial box I did the compile without GUI on yesterday. Node is pretty much synced so it's almost ready to go. Do I just open the port and let p2p take its course or should I have something specific in my sexcoin.conf file?
Almost forgot.

Hah, yeah, I think that'd qualify as spam Smiley

I'm not a terribly good developer so I basically quit doing that over 10 years ago, but I know enough about relational databases that I can probably take care of the data cleanup. I still have to mess around with data every once in a while, set up mysql databases for people, etc. But I'd really have to see if first. Modern HTML/CSS I'd be completely lost.

I'd be more concerned about the code itself - what is it? IMHO if something was written from scratch, or if the core code of something was customized, that was a mistake. Let security be someone else's problem and just make sure you follow upstream and update ASAP. And practice good security habits on the server.

I'm certainly willing to have a go at this.
Can I help? I'm a sysadmin Smiley Not really looking to be a moderator, but setting up a server and keeping it current are easy enough.

What was the problem with securing it? Was it so customized that updates from upstream became a problem? Or were you simply referring to the spam problem?

Yeah, I can imagine the amount of spam a sexcoin wiki would attract. I know it generally goes against the spirit of a wiki, but perhaps get it started with only trusted users?

Is over 12000 registered 'authors' in 24 hours spam?

iirc, the user db needs gutted and registration completely closed off.

I mothballed it with the intent of putting it back up closed off ( which we are in agreement, I wasn't too happy about that... not wiki-spirit ). All the pages that got generated needed removed.
At the end of the excersize I left it in mothballs, because the only people that would use it at that time already had documentation.

I was actually considering registering a domain and throwing up mediawiki with a simple logo, but if you've already got something...
With all the new blood coming in its probably time to tackle it. If you are willing, I can pull it out and see what state its actually in. I think I had gotten to the point to dump all and restart.

I'm about to put Xenial onto an old Lenovo to see if I can get the GUI working. I thought it would be nice to have a place to post said instructions.

We have a place for instructions. There's stickie posts for these things on sexcoinforum.com.

As a matter of fact, you could start here: https://sexcoinforum.com/index.php?topic=70.msg891#msg891  *note the responses Cheesy

The sexcoin wiki had to be taken down because we didn't have time to secure it. It ended up being nothing but a spam magnet, and those of us that were trusted were already spread too thin. I have the domain and the site in mothballs right now, and its been something that we really want to re-activate.

Can I help? I'm a sysadmin Smiley Not really looking to be a moderator, but setting up a server and keeping it current are easy enough.

What was the problem with securing it? Was it so customized that updates from upstream became a problem? Or were you simply referring to the spam problem?

Yeah, I can imagine the amount of spam a sexcoin wiki would attract. I know it generally goes against the spirit of a wiki, but perhaps get it started with only trusted users?

I was actually considering registering a domain and throwing up mediawiki with a simple logo, but if you've already got something...

Oh, and would a full node for the next 10 months be useful? I prepaid for a cheapie VPS for 12 months (2 months in) to participate in the "fluffynet" testing for monero, but with the debug logs it kept filling up. 2 gigs RAM, 1 core, 50 gigs HD space, and I think 3 TB of bandwidth a month. Since they seem to have plenty of testers, I just shut down the monero node. Not something I'd run a wiki on...but may be good enough for node?

EDIT: Add bit about running a node.
Is there an active sexcoin wiki? It looks like sexcoin.wiki may have existed at some point, but it just has ads up now. Domain was probably abandoned and snapped up by a seo link spamming network.

The sexcoin wiki had to be taken down because we didn't have time to secure it. It ended up being nothing but a spam magnet, and those of us that were trusted were already spread too thin. I have the domain and the site in mothballs right now, and its been something that we really want to re-activate.

EDIT: there's still a lot that should be documented and placed on the site.
Activity: 153
Merit: 8
How is the mining of this coin going how many coins on average with what specs?
Is there an active sexcoin wiki? It looks like sexcoin.wiki may have existed at some point, but it just has ads up now. Domain was probably abandoned and snapped up by a seo link spamming network.
legendary
Anyone interested in trading rough gemstones for sexcoins and if not any sellers on the forums what prices and what quantity leave a message or pm me,
don't neglect the new guy trying to get involved.

RoughSWaps

I might be interested in some fancy looking gems, though I know nothing about appraising them or their market values. Perhaps you could sort some information into a presentation of sorts for prospective buyers? If even some pictures and short description of the gems, I think it would help a great deal. But that is just from my un-gem-educated perspective and I know not your business goals. Wink

I will prepare a description of what i have and include pictures etc, can anyone tell me how to upload pictures and also i don't have
rubies for sale but a good collection of other rough, all earth mined

Because you have a newbie account, you will not be able to post images here. BUT, another member like myself of higher rank will happily quote the post so that the images do show.

I would suggest joining imgur.com (or some other image hosting site if you prefer (TinyPic, like LJ suggested)) and uploading images there. Then, when posting here, include the URL of the uploaded image in between opening and closing 'img' BBcode tags like this:
Code:
[img] https://imgur.com/PathToYourImage.png [/img]

Again, because you are a newbie, when you post the images will not show. BUT, someone will quote it so they do show.

I hope this info is found useful! You can PM me for some help if you need it.
... can anyone tell me how to upload pictures ...

I use http://tinypic.com ... any other pic hoster will work. Embed the url in your post.
Activity: 56
I'm interested even if you don't have rubies. Make a quick catalog.
Activity: 153
Merit: 8
Anyone interested in trading rough gemstones for sexcoins and if not any sellers on the forums what prices and what quantity leave a message or pm me,

RoughSWaps

I might be interested in some fancy looking gems, though I know nothing about appraising them or their market values. Perhaps you could sort some information into a presentation of sorts for prospective buyers? If even some pictures and short description of the gems, I think it would help a great deal. But that is just from my un-gem-educated perspective and I know not your business goals. Wink

I will prepare a description of what i have and include pictures etc, can anyone tell me how to upload pictures and also i don't have
rubies for sale but a good collection of other rough, all earth mined
legendary
Activity: 56

RoughSWaps

I would be up for some rubies Smiley Can you share more information?
Pages:
Jump to: