Pages:
Author

Topic: [SXC][NSFW] Sexcoin - New Android Client Release! - page 72. (Read 137807 times)

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
Anyone interested in trading rough gemstones for sexcoins and if not any sellers on the forums what prices and what quantity leave a message or pm me,
don't neglect the new guy trying to get involved.

RoughSWaps

I might be interested in some fancy looking gems, though I know nothing about appraising them or their market values. Perhaps you could sort some information into a presentation of sorts for prospective buyers? If even some pictures and short description of the gems, I think it would help a great deal. But that is just from my un-gem-educated perspective and I know not your business goals. Wink
Activity: 153
Merit: 8
Anyone interested in trading rough gemstones for sexcoins and if not any sellers on the forums what prices and what quantity leave a message or pm me,
don't neglect the new guy trying to get involved.

RoughSWaps
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
For those of us slow:

UNTIL THE NEW CLIENT HAS BEEN ADOPTED BY MINERS, SEND SEXCOINS USING ONLY "NONE" FOR AGE VERIFICATION ON THE NEW CLIENT.
Activity: 36
I'm currently mining ETH on my others rig. Wanted to try this coin for fun Smiley. But thank you for the replies  Wink

Here's another tip. Cryptopia doesn't have the best liquidity on coins. There's a good chance you'll save money converting eth to bitcoin somewhere else and only sending bitcoin to cryptopia. Even if their trading rate looks lower, there's a reasonable chance there won't be enough buy orders for you to sell all your eth at that rate. Maybe there will be, check the buy orders first before sending.

I can't speak for livecoin as I haven't tried them yet, but there does seem to be a lot more SXC volume there these days. I definitely lost a little money when I sent 15 monero to cryptopia to trade for bitcoin to get some sxc. Now I send bitcoin via xmr.to when I want to buy more. Perhaps I should just try livecoin Smiley

EDIT: fixing yet another brain fart, if you're converting eth to btc you'll be looking at buy orders for that, not sell orders. Maybe I should lay off the crypto for a few days Wink
Activity: 59
Hey guys ! So we can't mine this coin with AMD GPU ?

Sad

Technically you can, but it's not worth the time and effort. You'll earn next to nothing. Scrypt coins got ASICs years ago. If you really want to mine, I suggest ether or monero and then trading for SXC. You'll have to check your hashrates with miners and use a site like whattomine.com to see which coin will maximize your profit. It will probably be eth but you never know.

The only reason you would mine SXC with a GPU these days is if you wanted to add the tiniest bit of increased security to the network.

EDIT: What Nerull said. I forgot about the power. You will lose money mining SXC on GPU.

I'm currently mining ETH on my others rig. Wanted to try this coin for fun Smiley. But thank you for the replies  Wink

Sad

Technically you can, but it's not worth the time and effort. You'll earn next to nothing. Scrypt coins got ASICs years ago. If you really want to mine, I suggest ether or monero and then trading for SXC. You'll have to check your hashrates with miners and use a site like whattomine.com to see which coin will maximize your profit. It will probably be eth but you never know.

The only reason you would mine SXC with a GPU these days is if you wanted to add the tiniest bit of increased security to the network.

EDIT: What Nerull said. I forgot about the power. You will lose money mining SXC on GPU.
Activity: 195
Merit: 110

Sad

like any scrypt coin you can gpu mine. Its just these days gpu mining is mostly not worth the cost of the power used and is just for fun

• Sexcoin has age verification flags in the current transaction version field. The old client rejects any 'transaction version != 1'. ANY age verified transaction, picked up by an OLD miner, will reject the transaction as invalid. See the above scenario. YMMV in this scenario. IF a miner wins a block that is mining with the new client the transaction will be accepted to the blockchain.

The remedy to this is to NOT USE AGE VERIFICATION (Set age verification to 'NONE' ) until a significant amount of miners have switched. This is why we are releasing to miners first.
Unfortunately, I forgot about this part until 15 minutes after I hit send Sad Very important if you're using the new client. Don't make the same boneheaded move I did Smiley
Activity: 59

Sad
Activity: 732
Merit: 502
SEX foto SEXCOIN
Activity: 873
Merit: 1035
Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member
Very Important Information!!

Repost because these tend to get buried:

The new client is getting ready for release. Here are some of the nitty-gritty caveats and details.

There is the possibility of some pain points during this upgrade:

• Sexcoin has been vulnerable to transaction malleablity. This release addresses that issue. Once miners have updated, old clients will have a possibility (by our calculation about 5%) of creating transactions that will be completely rejected by the network. The way you know this has happened will be evident by this behavior:

An old client sends a transaction which gets broadcast to the network. It is recorded in the wallet as usual, and you see a zero confirm transaction. Because it has been broadcast to the network, the recieving client  also shows an incoming, zero confirmed transaction. So now both the sender and receiver have transactions in their wallets, but with zero confirms. However, miners will reject the transaction and not include it in the blocks they assemble for processing. As time goes on, both wallets retain the record, waiting for it to confirm on the blockchain. This transaction will NEVER make it onto the blockchain. Old clients have marked these coins as 'unspendable' so the coins are tied up in the users wallet. The transaction at the receivers end will show as unconfirmed. This puts both sender and receiver in a unwanted position.

On old wallets, restarting your wallet with the '--rescan' might clear the problem...but not always. The only way I've found to work 100% is to start a new wallet, import the private keys from the old wallet, then let the wallet rebuild with the information from the blockchain.

On new wallets, you can restart the wallet with '--zapwallettxes=1' to clear unconfirmed transactions and free up the coins. This is much easier than having to import private keys, but still takes time.

I have begun work on adapting pywallet to work with sexcoin so we have a tool to deal with this, but will not have it done for quite a while.

IF THIS HAPPENS YOUR COINS HAVE NOT BEEN LOST! They are just inaccessible until your wallet is cleaned up. Its probably a good time to upgrade your wallet Wink

• Sexcoin has age verification flags in the current transaction version field. The old client rejects any 'transaction version != 1'. ANY age verified transaction, picked up by an OLD miner, will reject the transaction as invalid. See the above scenario. YMMV in this scenario. IF a miner wins a block that is mining with the new client the transaction will be accepted to the blockchain.

The remedy to this is to NOT USE AGE VERIFICATION (Set age verification to 'NONE' ) until a significant amount of miners have switched. This is why we are releasing to miners first.

• The next Android release will refuse to connect to old nodes. This is the primary reason we are delaying release of the Android client. Once the network has significantly updated, the new Android client will be available.

I think when you fully understand the different permutations involved, you can see why the release got delayed for so long. Is it better to get miners first, then users? Is it better to upgrade users first, and pray they don't set age verification? Should we simply release and have everyone explode? Is there some way to code in a solution? This last question is what has taken the longest amount of time. We've attempted code solutions, but at the end of the day, the only effective changes that mitigate lie in changing the code in the old client, which obviously is stupid, if we're releasing a new client.
Code:
./sexcoin-cli getrawmempool

More soon Smiley

Another handy trick,
Code:
./sexcoind -daemon -txindex
Activity: 195
Merit: 110
Is there any place where I can see the transactions waiting in the mempool? I didn't see anything about the mempool at the block explorer. Wondering if I should just restore my wallet and resend transaction without the new feature set. I think doing that would invalidate any other transaction hanging around the mempool...think I'm going to try that. Use backup wallet, run sexcoin-qt -rescan, then send transaction with no age feature set.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick. It's a good thing I know what I'm doing half of the time Smiley

Lava is looking into a block explorer that allows that, however as you can imagine getting the release out smoothly is his main focus currently
SEX foto SEXCOIN
Who is the owner of this https://twitter.com/Sexcointeam
Huh
If you do not work
Give it to me,
  I will work !!!

If you know who owner of this https://twitter.com/Sexcointeam
Please tell him
SEX foto SEXCOIN
#Sexcoin

Welcome https://vk.com/sexcoin_ru   Shocked Wink

Please give me Sexcoin  -   SE7Yyb3MZvAr1aRyicjev4evnJHHm8rDpM
Is there any place where I can see the transactions waiting in the mempool? I didn't see anything about the mempool at the block explorer. Wondering if I should just restore my wallet and resend transaction without the new feature set. I think doing that would invalidate any other transaction hanging around the mempool...think I'm going to try that. Use backup wallet, run sexcoin-qt -rescan, then send transaction with no age feature set.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick. It's a good thing I know what I'm doing half of the time Smiley
Just curious, has anyone been able to get it to compile on Ubuntu 17.04? Have tried with gcc 6.x, 5.x and 4.9 to no avail. I did, however, get it up and running in whonix, of all places. I haven't tried on Xenial yet. I followed both the documentation in the sexcoin repo for dependencies and the litecoin docs - but mostly the litecoin documentation. After it worked in whonix, I tried gcc 4.9 on 17.04. Pretty sure (not 100%) the error had something to do with boost, perhaps 1.6 had some breaking changes? My whonix install had 1.55

Did you get something like this?
Code:
/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1052:4: error: #error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. " "Compile your code with -fPIC (-fPIE is not enough)."
 #  error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "\
    ^

Also, yes the official binaries will be against BDB4.8 .

Nope. I have next week off to mess around more but I'm happy with the GUI in whonix for now. I'm building a node (no GUI) on Xenial right now, will let you know how it goes. I am doing same as I did on whonix except for installing qt4 dependencies. If I run into compiler problems, I may install the gcc 4.9 packages available in Ubuntu's repos and set CC and CXX to use older version. I believe whonix has 4.9

When I configured DB4 on whonix, I did
Code:
../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
and when I did sexcoin I did something like
Code:
./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/" --disable-shared --with-pic

Where I set DBD_PREFIX to the location I installed db4.

On a side note, I stupidly set my age when I tried to send a transaction and it's been a while and still no confirmations. As I understand it, any miner running the older software will reject this transaction. Are there nodes I can hardcode to get this to go through or should I just leave it? I only have one peer running 0.6.x

EDIT: Sexcoin (without GUI) built fine on 16.04 with custom DB4 install using the default GCC 5.4. Maybe tomorrow night I can try getting GUI to build.
Just curious, has anyone been able to get it to compile on Ubuntu 17.04? Have tried with gcc 6.x, 5.x and 4.9 to no avail. I did, however, get it up and running in whonix, of all places. I haven't tried on Xenial yet. I followed both the documentation in the sexcoin repo for dependencies and the litecoin docs - but mostly the litecoin documentation. After it worked in whonix, I tried gcc 4.9 on 17.04. Pretty sure (not 100%) the error had something to do with boost, perhaps 1.6 had some breaking changes? My whonix install had 1.55

Did you get something like this?
Code:
/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1052:4: error: #error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. " "Compile your code with -fPIC (-fPIE is not enough)."
 #  error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "\
    ^

Also, yes the official binaries will be against BDB4.8 .
Pages:
Jump to: