Pages:
Author

Topic: T - page 12. (Read 41011 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
December 27, 2011, 03:39:56 PM
A couple of questions as I continue researching the history of this enterprise:

What was the original price for the initial IPOs shares?

What are the BIB.goat shares?

Thanks!
SJ
December 27, 2011, 02:40:34 PM
Timestamp on the dividend was 27/12/2011-11:41 on my end, if you owned your shares before that, my understanding is that you should get your dividend.

I double checked my account the I have received the dividends after all.

I think may have mis-read the interface, as in, my bad !!!

I received the following dividends for 10 shares: 0.2153225

Was receive with timestamp of 27/12/2011-01:44

Thanks everyone, lets continue mining them BTCs....

SJ
December 27, 2011, 02:21:16 PM
Timestamp on the dividend was 27/12/2011-11:41 on my end, if you owned your shares before that, my understanding is that you should get your dividend.

Thanks for the info, Loup.

I have passed the timestamp info to GLBSE Support.  Still trying to figure out what happened.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for your help folks,
SJ
Activity: 574
December 27, 2011, 02:10:49 PM
December 27, 2011, 12:32:13 PM
Mine showed up just fine... I check under Bitcoin History, where they are identified as "dividend".

OK thanks for confirming. Mine did not show up in Bitcoin History.

I need to contact GLBSE and see what is going on.

SJ

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
December 27, 2011, 12:23:16 PM
Sorry for the typo that ended up confusing a ton of people...I meant 3BTC and typed $3.00.  Anyway, glad to see that the 3BTC price has passed and look forward to adding a few shares to my portfolio. 

Anyway, adding a FPGA could be a good investment but wouldn't be a significant part of our hashing power.  I don't know that the cost savings in electricity would be worth the initial outlay especially given the potentially rapid advances in FPGA miners.  On the other hand, investing in a water cooling solution could both greatly increase hashing power at little/no electrical costs.
Does water cooling reduce electrical costs? I thought it just helped with noise and heat.
I think what he means is that it helps with the noise and heat without any significant increase in power consumption.

What I was trying to get at is that an investment in water cooling would allow us to run a mining rig in a location where electricity will be free (at Goat's workplace)
December 27, 2011, 12:07:57 PM
Mine showed up just fine... I check under Bitcoin History, where they are identified as "dividend".
December 27, 2011, 12:02:06 PM
Has anyone received their dividends yet?

I purchased some shares of TyGrr yesterday and have not seen any dividends in my GLBSE account as of today.

I'm assuming dividends show up in the "Asset History" section of GLBSE user account?

Would like to confirm if there is a problem on my end or not.

Thanks,
SJ
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
December 27, 2011, 08:57:25 AM
Sorry for the typo that ended up confusing a ton of people...I meant 3BTC and typed $3.00.  Anyway, glad to see that the 3BTC price has passed and look forward to adding a few shares to my portfolio. 

Anyway, adding a FPGA could be a good investment but wouldn't be a significant part of our hashing power.  I don't know that the cost savings in electricity would be worth the initial outlay especially given the potentially rapid advances in FPGA miners.  On the other hand, investing in a water cooling solution could both greatly increase hashing power at little/no electrical costs.

As I look more and more into this is seems the fans on the radiator might be too loud. We can still do this but I don't know if I cold put it in the office. I will keep digging. Thanks.

Goat, if you're serious of doing watercooling, dont bother with radiator for a big mining farm.

Dig up your backyard (frontyard), and bury about 100' of cooper tubing. (about 6' deep) and you will have NO NOISE for watercooling.

I think that for now he's only interested in having water cooling for the rig that will be placed in his office and I find it hard to believe that he could dig up the ground next to his office to place cooper tubing even though that would be pretty awesome Cheesy
Activity: 168
December 27, 2011, 08:24:19 AM

As I look more and more into this is seems the fans on the radiator might be too loud. We can still do this but I don't know if I cold put it in the office. I will keep digging. Thanks.

Goat, if you're serious of doing watercooling, dont bother with radiator for a big mining farm.

Dig up your backyard (frontyard), and bury about 100' of cooper tubing. (about 6' deep) and you will have NO NOISE for watercooling.
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
December 27, 2011, 08:20:13 AM
With the new option of going for a couple of mining rigs in your office with "free" electricity I think that it will be better to get those rigs up and going first before we get any FPGA, as several others have pointed out the market of FPGA is pushing forward and several new models are in the making and it's probably worth waiting fro the new once. The water cooled rigs is possible to setup to be very quite if you get special fans that have been designed to be quite as well as get a quite CPU cooling solution. It will probably cost a bit but if we can keep running the rig at your office in the end with the "free" electricity I believe we will make a good profit from it.

//DeaDTerra
donator
Activity: 308
December 27, 2011, 01:28:28 AM

Does water cooling reduce electrical costs? I thought it just helped with noise and heat.
I think what he means is that it helps with the noise and heat without any significant increase in power consumption.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
December 27, 2011, 01:17:38 AM

Activity: 180
December 27, 2011, 01:04:26 AM

December 27, 2011, 12:24:30 AM
Second bond would make sense, or push for new investment combined with a smaller bond (I think there are still 250 shares to be sold from the original IPO?) Certainly your performance with the first bond and the start-up phase shows a strong indication that the bond would be repaid.

If it helps, I've got a single core Sempron I would be happy to mail out for the cause in exchange for a couple of shares.
Activity: 742
December 26, 2011, 10:58:46 PM
I'd pretty much guarantee that FPGAs will be cheaper in 6 months.  Maybe get more GPUs now and save the FPGAs for later when their $/hash is down.

And what do you mean "Free electricity in my office" I thought your were paying ~$0.13/kWh
December 26, 2011, 10:36:00 PM

Edit:    Should we go with some water cooled 5970s and free electricity in my office? (running most of the time)  I think I can get at least three of these in a full tower, maybe 4:) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-bulk-5970-w-copper-water-blocks-55707   Will depend on the total price. The FPGA will get about 300 Mhash/S the 4 5970s would get about 10 times that:)

You had me at "... the 4 5970s would get about 10 times that."
Activity: 504
December 26, 2011, 09:33:20 PM

It should be 3BTC not $3.   The floor will be 3BTC or 10$ whatever is higher. Is that how we all took the vote?
yea, fixed that typo.
I still think the way I stated myself.
the bolded part clears up what your intention were.
December 26, 2011, 09:03:43 PM

What are everyone thoughts about expanding to an FPGA? Icarus is the way to go?  Thx

My vote would be with x6500. They are available right now and the software is currently being worked on to further improve performance. Which is currently higher than what is listed in a few threads.
December 26, 2011, 09:02:17 PM
Okay, bought in at 5 shares today thru GLBSE.

Seems a bit steep at 3.14 a share. Hoping to get a some good dividend returns in the future.

Big picture: see this as an investment in BTC mining community and the future of BTC.

Keep up the good work,
SJ

Well looking at the vote that .14 is too high. I need to send you back .14 x 5. PM me a BTC address.

I was finally able to vote my shares.  I'll be expanding my position once the shares have the $3 floor so they're a bit cheaper, unless you reprice them before then.

The lowest price in dollars will be $10. The lowest price in BTC will be 3BTC.     That what you all understood the vote to be right?

I understood floor as being the lowest price per share it would go. I think the correct term, if you aim to make 3BTC the MAX price per share would be, 'cap' or 'ceiling'.

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: