Pages:
Author

Topic: T17 OC/OV. S17 Series OC/OV, Antminer B7 OC/OV, S9k, Z11 + others 100% FREE - page 18. (Read 10178 times)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4
Now Available Antminer Z11 Chipless Nitrous v1.5 Speeds of 159+ K/SOL Contact me for purchase details. Available NOW for 15. ZCASH read first post for details.

Oh boy.... can’t wait to see the user fallout from this.

-j

I have had enough request your opinion dont matter.
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
Now Available Antminer Z11 Chipless Nitrous v1.5 Speeds of 159+ K/SOL Contact me for purchase details. Available NOW for 15. ZCASH read first post for details.

Oh boy.... can’t wait to see the user fallout from this.

-j

Edit....

v1.4 wa updated to v1.5 to fix an unknown reason the miner wouldn't start. Issue is fixed nowso please upgrade to version 1.5
Version 1.4 is released per requests and some errors on my part fixed the voltage and low hashrate has hopefully been fixed for everyone. I ran this all day and it seems to perform the same as beta3. The base image is Bitmains 4/23/2019 release
Now released version 1.3 which fixes the super high power draw. Power was reduced from 940mv to 890mv per users requests. This version should run fine on all machines but may have some speed loss because of the reduction in power.

I was also asked to put back up the higher power files. I will start to release 2 seperate files one for low power users that will get a little extra and one for power users who want to put the units farther.
chipless,

I'm not sure if anyone here has seen or used these 2500 watt power supplies other than me, but I have been running them for more than a year and they are rock solid. I would not recommend pushing any power supply at 100%, but I did run three l3+ off of 1 unit for for over a month as a test and had no problems at 240v. I have not tried running anything with them at 120v as my electrical is set up for 240v.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1HU-00Z6-00001

Hope this helps someone,
Keith

*edit- You will need a heavier power cord to run it than what comes with it from my experience.

I might have to get a couple of these. Would be nice to run less cords everywhere
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
chipless,

I'm not sure if anyone here has seen or used these 2500 watt power supplies other than me, but I have been running them for more than a year and they are rock solid. I would not recommend pushing any power supply at 100%, but I did run three l3+ off of 1 unit for for over a month as a test and had no problems at 240v. I have not tried running anything with them at 120v as my electrical is set up for 240v.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1HU-00Z6-00001

Hope this helps someone,
Keith

*edit- You will need a heavier power cord to run it than what comes with it from my experience.
Oh...it can be overclocked but your going to use some power doing it depending how far you want to go....tomorrow its time to hook up a second power supply and see just how far I can push it for the crazy clockers out there.
Version 1.1 is now released with some improvements. The speed was increased a little and the main image was updated to Bitmains 4/23/2019 version which corrected some issues, please leave me your feedback. The link on the first post has been updated. Please read all updated info on the first post there is important information regarding future releases.

Hey Chipless, are you only using one power supply for the boards? I just updated to your latest firmware and the Z11 shuts down momentarily and then starts back up but doesnt hash, just stays at 0.

cheers mate.

That's likely a sign of too much voltage which leads too too much draw which leads to a PSU reset. What PSU are you running? APW3 or APW7 (or something else)?

You can test by pulling power and connector to one board and see if it works.... otherwise, the no hashing is also could be a sign of voltage+frequency being too high leaving the ASICs in a "limp" mode. Although, to be fair, I normally still see a 10kSol/ASIC hash in what I call "limp mode".

-j

I got a report of 1900 watts with the v1.1 the v1.2 was lowered back to about 1800 watts
Updated v1.1 to v1.2 to fix power draw. Sorry folks .... I test it here and if it runs 1-2 days I release it. I forgot some may have lless power available. Please leave me your feedback on v1.2
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Version 1.1 is now released with some improvements. The speed was increased a little and the main image was updated to Bitmains 4/23/2019 version which corrected some issues, please leave me your feedback. The link on the first post has been updated. Please read all updated info on the first post there is important information regarding future releases.

Hey Chipless, are you only using one power supply for the boards? I just updated to your latest firmware and the Z11 shuts down momentarily and then starts back up but doesnt hash, just stays at 0.

cheers mate.

That's likely a sign of too much voltage which leads too too much draw which leads to a PSU reset. What PSU are you running? APW3 or APW7 (or something else)?

You can test by pulling power and connector to one board and see if it works.... otherwise, the no hashing is also could be a sign of voltage+frequency being too high leaving the ASICs in a "limp" mode. Although, to be fair, I normally still see a 10kSol/ASIC hash in what I call "limp mode".

-j

I figured as much....I use a APW7 @220 so I am going to have to adjust for 110v users where the ps only puts out about 1200 watts compared to the full 1800 @220

I will redo the image and fix that this evening.

Im running an apw7 on 220v as well. Okay, i think the frequency/voltage is to high for my z11, if i let it sit at zero all hashboards show an X, until i reboot. Your Beta3 works fantastic though! 150ksol/s no problem, other than the share glitch. Thanks for all your hard work mate.

cheers mate.

-j

I figured as much....I use a APW7 @220 so I am going to have to adjust for 110v users where the ps only puts out about 1200 watts compared to the full 1800 @220

I will redo the image and fix that this evening.

cheers mate.

No I am using a APW7 @220v though....running it at 120v will cut you short by a few hundred watts
Activity: 504
Merit: 51

cheers mate.

-j
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

cheers mate.
I was going to try your firmware last night, but it was later than I thought when I sent the PM. I will try it tonight if I can make time. I am not sure what happened, but right after I read your reply my ISP dropped out, had to reply from my phone. As with Jason I will also send you a donation today because it has been fun and informative following the threads. I am still learning and that is the important part.

Thanks and keep it up,
Keith
Chipless,

Thanks for the reply, I will try some of the thoughts shared from both threads as soon as I get a chance and see what I can cobble together.

My mind wanders, but eventually it comes back...
KC
Chip,

I have been following both yours and Jason's threads and I am certain he will read it here as well. I am running several z9 mini's and saw a chip tear down post that shows the memory is built into the chip.. (My Dad said the only dumb question was the one not asked..so..here it goes.) Does the freq change you guys are working on also effect the memory that is built in to the asic? or is this something that is a given and I am just not catching it? ...on another note is there a way to unlock the controller for the 4th hash board, and a gui update to show the 4th board? I had several v9's that I flashed, made some mod's to the cases and am running the mini boards, but would like to combine them in a custom case with more than 3 boards to a controller.

If I overlooked something and this has been covered I am sorry, Just thought this would not be a bad place for my first post.

Thank you both for the hard work.

The V9 or z9 mini should show 4th board if you use the web gui /www/pages/cgi-bin/status.html  from the Z9 full. the 4th board should show in the overall speed just not the web gui but it is working on the v9.....the z9 full web gui will show all the boards on a z9 or v9 with the 4th brd.
Chip,

I have been following both yours and Jason's threads and I am certain he will read it here as well. I am running several z9 mini's and saw a chip tear down post that shows the memory is built into the chip.. (My Dad said the only dumb question was the one not asked..so..here it goes.) Does the freq change you guys are working on also effect the memory that is built in to the asic? or is this something that is a given and I am just not catching it? ...on another note is there a way to unlock the controller for the 4th hash board, and a gui update to show the 4th board? I had several v9's that I flashed, made some mod's to the cases and am running the mini boards, but would like to combine them in a custom case with more than 3 boards to a controller.

If I overlooked something and this has been covered I am sorry, Just thought this would not be a bad place for my first post.

Thank you both for the hard work.
Pages:
Jump to: