Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 31. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.
This time-consuming project for more than two years in the end there is no result? Is the alpha version appear?

no alpha yet, i will give him the benefit of doubt cos it's a really ambitious project. Hopefully we have some good news soon.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
This time-consuming project for more than two years in the end there is no result? Is the alpha version appear?
Activity: 322
I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.
Lets give Ohad the time and maybe if we are lucky, we get a pre alpha this year. But it's not unlikely that this is still to early. This project is gamechanging so we need a long breath and strong hands.

I hope so, it seem at this rate my grand kids won't live to see alpha
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Lets give Ohad the time and maybe if we are lucky, we get a pre alpha this year. But it's not unlikely that this is still to early. This project is gamechanging so we need a long breath and strong hands.
Activity: 77
eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!
how is the project going?

Daily progress is being made by Ohad, it's very technical and he gives a bit of details in the IRC chat

An initial pre alpha release is likely before the year's end

It'll get postponed just like it always does
Activity: 90
Merit: 0

Daily progress is being made by Ohad, it's very technical and he gives a bit of details in the IRC chat

An initial pre alpha release is likely before the year's end
Activity: 952
Merit: 501
Activity: 90
Ohad,
Instead of using Agoras as a blockchain to support TAU, would it be preferable to port it on top of EOS instead?  We would end-up with a truly powerful langage using the latest (scalable to over 1million tx/sec) blockchain platform with not transaction fees ? Then, the Agoras token would be dedicated to create the TAU/AGORAS network effect. Man, I would like to see this happening Smiley
Then I suggest using ethereum lightning network technology that can handle billions of tx/sec.  Grin

Just kidding, asking Ohad to make an EOS dapp is like asking him to give up his years of works and start something else from scratch again.

Well, sharding comes with severe limitations when it comes to contracts transacting with other contracts. TX/sec is an incomplete metric to evaluate a platform capacity to handle a project like AGORAS.

In my understanding, the TAU Langage is a project in itself that could be implemented as a smart contract (DAPP) on EOS, taking advantage of parallel processing and other EOS features to create an AGORAS market place based on the TAU Langage. If so, other TAU based Dapps (like AI Dapps) could also be created on EOS. I think that Ohad years of work are related mostly to the TAU Langage. The AGORAS Blockchain is only one implementation of this very powerful paradgim. I would appreciate Ohad's opinion on this.

the most important part of tau is the ability to change itself with time. therefore it cannot rely on a system which doesn't have this property

Thanks Ohad for taking the time to answer. I will try to wrap my mind around this and maybe understand the role of the blockchain infrastructure in relation to TAU. Will TAU be able to evolve the consensus algorithm? Will it be a new consensus (i.e. other thant pow, pos, dpos, ...). What type of projects could result from TAU, etc.
This is a fascinating project. I will study your documentation before getting back with other questions.

Yes, the design of tau is quite ingenious - by using a decidable language and an efficient reasoner it's able to define the blockchain within itself. Thus, users of Tau are able to define new rules of Tau and the reasoner can detect whether consensus is achieved at a logical level, and if so, they will be automatically implemented in subsequent blocks.

This is how Tau will truly be a self amending platform.

The ability to come up with designs of this level is just one part of Ohad's genius. As some others have said, he's the real deal. I do recommend everyone to join the irc channel (I keep it opened in the background) where you'll get daily updates from Ohad, and to read up on the IRC logs for a glimpse of how his mind operates.
Activity: 7
Ohad,
Instead of using Agoras as a blockchain to support TAU, would it be preferable to port it on top of EOS instead?  We would end-up with a truly powerful langage using the latest (scalable to over 1million tx/sec) blockchain platform with not transaction fees ? Then, the Agoras token would be dedicated to create the TAU/AGORAS network effect. Man, I would like to see this happening Smiley
Then I suggest using ethereum lightning network technology that can handle billions of tx/sec.  Grin

Just kidding, asking Ohad to make an EOS dapp is like asking him to give up his years of works and start something else from scratch again.

Well, sharding comes with severe limitations when it comes to contracts transacting with other contracts. TX/sec is an incomplete metric to evaluate a platform capacity to handle a project like AGORAS.

In my understanding, the TAU Langage is a project in itself that could be implemented as a smart contract (DAPP) on EOS, taking advantage of parallel processing and other EOS features to create an AGORAS market place based on the TAU Langage. If so, other TAU based Dapps (like AI Dapps) could also be created on EOS. I think that Ohad years of work are related mostly to the TAU Langage. The AGORAS Blockchain is only one implementation of this very powerful paradgim. I would appreciate Ohad's opinion on this.

the most important part of tau is the ability to change itself with time. therefore it cannot rely on a system which doesn't have this property

Thanks Ohad for taking the time to answer. I will try to wrap my mind around this and maybe understand the role of the blockchain infrastructure in relation to TAU. Will TAU be able to evolve the consensus algorithm? Will it be a new consensus (i.e. other thant pow, pos, dpos, ...). What type of projects could result from TAU, etc.
This is a fascinating project. I will study your documentation before getting back with other questions.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
Ohad,

Ohad,
Instead of using Agoras as a blockchain to support TAU, would it be preferable to port it on top of EOS instead?  We would end-up with a truly powerful langage using the latest (scalable to over 1million tx/sec) blockchain platform with not transaction fees ? Then, the Agoras token would be dedicated to create the TAU/AGORAS network effect. Man, I would like to see this happening Smiley
Then I suggest using ethereum lightning network technology that can handle billions of tx/sec.  Grin

Activity: 119
Why website is not so good? I would say it's a peace of crap. Devs are alive?
Merit: 1
It's up today Smiley Is it really still developing? Do they do any updates ?
Activity: 15
Up 40% today, anyone know why?
Just a random bump ?
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Ohad,
Instead of using Agoras as a blockchain to support TAU, would it be preferable to port it on top of EOS instead?  We would end-up with a truly powerful langage using the latest (scalable to over 1million tx/sec) blockchain platform with not transaction fees ? Then, the Agoras token would be dedicated to create the TAU/AGORAS network effect. Man, I would like to see this happening Smiley
Then I suggest using ethereum lightning network technology that can handle billions of tx/sec.  Grin

Activity: 4
The next milestone is ALPHA release. But not 2017. Nobody know when. Maybe you can see some codes at github in 2017. Just maybe. please wait. just wait some time. more time and more time.
Activity: 244
Is anybody know when is the next milestone? I think Tau is a long term project. It has potential, but need to share some progress to our investors.
yes, you should check out the irc for more info.
Activity: 113
Is this project still running ?
Ohad,
Pages:
Jump to: