Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 33. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 250
The coolest thing about tau is that it would have a huge network effect. As more people use it, more knowledge will be gained, this then leads to more users. The knowledge economy, how amazing.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
I just put a bit of my stash in this project after watching Ohad present in a video. He just convinced me he has this mad genius personality that is a bit chaotic and the project is a moonshot but a very interesting concept. This is not a project to be asking about price and speculation. Just forget your money for 2-3 years and come back. If it's zero cool. If it's on the top 10 coins cooler  Grin
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
Ohad has postponed the full whitepaper to work on coding which has begun for a while now. Tau is just too technical for almost anyone else to explain, so Ohad has to manage his time between research/coding and writing the paper.

Eventually a video lecture series, polished website and whitepaper is planned, but for now the focus is on getting something tangible out, I think that's ultimately what we want to see.
Activity: 42
The tauchain whitepaper is like a tesis , it is very large and deep. We must invest in tauchain for agoras market be a reality, ohad now give us his time life and knowledge and the option to travel with he in this journey. There is a lot of proyects on cryptospace, some of us like tauchain. I remember you that google come after other searchers and eat the market. Make your own research and bet for the proyect that you wish. In my case i bet for tauchain and ohad.
Activity: 249
Merit: 100
Ohad is working all the time, now the price of agoras not is important, is a good moment to buy more, see this as a oportunity. The white paper , web and pre alpha will be ready in this 2017, ohad hope this.
As a stakeholder im very quiet, i trust in ohad, he is the smartest person that i know , he background is awesome and is a good person. All of us know that this proyect is very very complex, and ohad trying make tauchain scalable, a world wide product is more dificult than a blockchain. I think the reward or profit  can be a x10.000 or more, is time to hold agoras. Tauchain can change the world , we must wait a bit more.

Folow the irc channel:

http://tauchain.org/logs/fn/%23%23idni.log

I just don't understand why the whitepaper takes so long. It will make your investors happy an people know about the new tau.
Ohad doesn't give a shit and will finish tau with your cash. Then you have to trust him to start working on agoras after tau is finished.
But if a whitepaper takes months this is gonna be a long ride. This is all if tau chain is achievable at all.
Activity: 11
Yes I keep my agoras, big project, very optimist and impatient.
Activity: 90
Ohad is working all the time, now the price of agoras not is important, is a good moment to buy more, see this as a oportunity. The white paper , web and pre alpha will be ready in this 2017, ohad hope this.
As a stakeholder im very quiet, i trust in ohad, he is the smartest person that i know , he background is awesome and is a good person. All of us know that this proyect is very very complex, and ohad trying make tauchain scalable, a world wide product is more dificult than a blockchain. I think the reward or profit  can be a x10.000 or more, is time to hold agoras. Tauchain can change the world , we must wait a bit more.

Folow the irc channel:

Definitely agree to everything here
It is a very difficult project and minor breakthroughs are being made every day
Ohad is working really hard to have some functions to showcase before the year's end, so it won't be too long now for us to see a hint of what tau is capable of

Folow the irc channel:

Activity: 268
This forum is dead and the price is dead...

There maybe a correlation.

Becasue you moved to #IRC there is no productive conversations here.

BTC talk is the first place new crypto people go to study a new platform and they see nothing happening here.
Activity: 268
I am a layman. Can someone tell me what application this token will have in the real world? Is the project dead? I do not understand what all this means.

This interview will provide you with a better understanding of Tau and Agoras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw&

The project is anything else but dead. Wink

These all need to be redone with a new vision and a historic discussion on what has happened over the last 2 years.

Whitepaper and wiki and Q and A page...

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
I am a layman. Can someone tell me what application this token will have in the real world? Is the project dead? I do not understand what all this means.

This interview will provide you with a better understanding of Tau and Agoras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw&

The project is anything else but dead. Wink

Activity: 26
Activity: 31
Damn, this one is a gem. I just wonder why I didn't know about this project years ago... Please don't advertise it too hard  so I can buy some tokens cheap )

"Please don't advertise it so much"..... Hilarious!!

This one has everything but advertisement, being around since 2014
Activity: 228
Damn, this one is a gem. I just wonder why I didn't know about this project years ago... Please don't advertise it too hard  so I can buy some tokens cheap )

Why do you think so?
Activity: 749
Merit: 501
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
follow the irc chat log , every day there is news:
Now the team is working on the contens to explain tauchain for all people.
You can see a snake  peek of the website. Ohad is learning more maths and coding the core. Some colaborators give him a lot of good papers to research and do a better product. The videos dont will be ready till the content to explain tauchain is ready , its need this content to show tauchain comprehensible to all
This small things take a lot of time, it is very important to tauchain success.
Activity: 144
nothing new for a long time~
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Dr. Ohad hi, great project.

2. Where should we safely store IDNI Agoras (AGRS) tokens bought at bittrex exchange?

Thanks in advance,

2. You can store AGRS safely by transfering them to any Bitcoin address that you have the private key to. Later you can import them into the omniwallet.org once the swap to the coin on top of Tau-Chain is being done.

Is this still the case? I can send my Agoras from Bittrex to a Bitcoin paper wallet to which I have the private key and later do the swap? If yes, will I be "in danger" of missing the date and the tokens might become worthless if I'm too late?

Thank you!

Edit: To clarify, I can basically create a Bitcoin address here: https://www.bitaddress.org , transfer a small amount of BTC (for later fees) to it and then transfer my Agoras to it. And later at some point import the private key into Omni?

Could somebody please answer this? I would really prefer to keep my Agoras on a paper wallet. Thank you.

Exactly right. Smiley This way you can store them even as a paper wallet.
Activity: 200
Merit: 114
Dr. Ohad hi, great project.

2. Where should we safely store IDNI Agoras (AGRS) tokens bought at bittrex exchange?

Thanks in advance,

2. You can store AGRS safely by transfering them to any Bitcoin address that you have the private key to. Later you can import them into the omniwallet.org once the swap to the coin on top of Tau-Chain is being done.

Is this still the case? I can send my Agoras from Bittrex to a Bitcoin paper wallet to which I have the private key and later do the swap? If yes, will I be "in danger" of missing the date and the tokens might become worthless if I'm too late?

Thank you!

Edit: To clarify, I can basically create a Bitcoin address here: https://www.bitaddress.org , transfer a small amount of BTC (for later fees) to it and then transfer my Agoras to it. And later at some point import the private key into Omni?

Could somebody please answer this? I would really prefer to keep my Agoras on a paper wallet. Thank you.
Activity: 434
- u guys have any funding?

We are an open, voluntary collaboration.  We do not generally seek funding or offer any vestment vehicle, as we find it antithetical to the aims of the project.  (You are of course welcome and encouraged to support the project in other ways, including funding individual developers directly at your discretion - we just don't promise any sort of monetary ROI from the project on such.)

Agreed, this is Ohad's baby, though I would also considering supporting the other group as well if they gave us more details about their endeavours and were taking it in interesting directions.

Agoras is Ohad's baby, but Tau was always a separate, distinct, and ultimately unrelated project.  All of the other developers were always against the very idea of Agoras being started, and basically begged Ohad not to do it under the assumption that it could only cause problems for the project.  (It did.)

You can find a lot of detail about our effort on our wiki (linked two posts above yours) and can find even more by coming to our channel and asking questions.  Personally, I think our directions are about as interesting as things can get.

Yes. Not only interesting but also can work in reality.

We would be very interested if anyone can show a sound reason why the concept should not work.  We've had an open call for such for years.  So far, noone has actually demonstrated any flaw in the premise.

The question is, are there really a break-up or just speculation?

There was really a break-up.  Ohad really did leave the project to do "something else" (we still don't know exactly what) which he calls "new tau." (Hence our nickname for AN being "oldtau" now...)

If yes, could hmc & group humbly present the link to their whitepaper? roadmap? when to launch? working project? that would compete with Ohad's work?

If none, then I'm not interested.

See wiki link a few posts above...  

Ohad's original whitepaper was about the original design, and so should still apply to our work, as we have not changed plans as he has. (As far as I am aware, he has not published any updated whitepaper/explanation for his new logic, so I can't meaningfully speak to what those changes are.)  We keep a sort of roadmap in our wiki, which is what mnemonicsoup linked to specifically, but we do not make guesses about when we will launch.  (There are some other resources which can be found in the links in our IRC channel's topic and something like a "working project" on stoop's github - though it is likely not what you're expecting....)

If you are interested then please come talk to us, we'd love to explain what we're trying to do and what we're all about to *anyone* who cares to get involved!

Pages:
Jump to: