Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 75. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 371
Merit: 252
I wouldn't mind  following your work HMC. Do you have a thread of your own to follow? No offense,  I come here to read up on Tau.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I see. Well, any sourcecode, website available?

Source is still in the form of experiments scattered between our github repos, pastebins/gists, etc.

We don't really spend time on things like website, marketing, "PR" but focus only on our work to finish the design and implement.  (We aren't selling anything so we don't market anything...)  We do have a fledgling wiki which has some overview information, and of course our public irc log.

However, the best way to learn about our project is to just come talk to us about it and ask questions.  We will do everything that we can to try to explain it!
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Also if HMC and rest did split up, why is it those discussions are brought up here probably the x time?
We have been going on with development for a year.  We decided it did not make sense to make a redundant announcement and white-paper considering we make no change to original plans.
I see. Well, any sourcecode, website available?
hours before hmc jumped here yesterday, i explained to him very well that im not interested in any further discussion with him. and i wont drag myself. even though he tries very hard.
and the reason, as i explained to him, is as he admitted, that he doesnt even try to be a little bit of a gentleman.
i then told him i'll back to discussion when being gentleman is part of the rules. specifically his non-gentleman rule "our interaction should have only one form: i speak, i do not provide proofs or sources, and your (mine) role, is to prove that i'm *right*".
i wish it was a joke.
but i repeated it yesterday more than dozen of times in order to make sure he's serious on this.

so im not going into any discussions with an explicit declaration of no intention of basic seriousness, or even animal-level respect.
and i didnt even mentoin the lies, frauds, mistakes, trollings, math&cs stupidity and emptiness (it's all a fraudlent buzzword show!!), i can forget them all, given someone wants to behave at least little bit normally. no matter math/art/fun/biz.

I was never aware of any expectation of being a gentleman.  Our agreement was simple, I would explain the design and do my best to answer any questions, and Ohad would implement - prove the concept.  I describe, Ohad programs.

This was the explicit agreement we made at the start.  I'm a little baffled as to why it was a suitable agreement for years, but is now today suddenly "non-gentleman."

All I really want to know now is if you agree that there are second/third/higher order theories which can not possibly collapse to be consistently proven in monadic second order?

If you say "yes" and agree that there are such statements then we have some common ground to perhaps proceed with.
If you say "no" (as your other comments have implied) then your perspective differs from that of the past ~60 years of philosophy, and I'd surely like to understand how/why.

If you give me both answers and then refuse to say another word in clarification, what am I to make of your behavior?  Inconsistent?  "Non-Gentleman"ly?

Anyway, all I was doing was answering some questions about mltt and autonomic.  I didn't come here to revisit your nonsense yet again.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
hours before hmc jumped here yesterday, i explained to him very well that im not interested in any further discussion with him. and i wont drag myself. even though he tries very hard.
and the reason, as i explained to him, is as he admitted, that he doesnt even try to be a little bit of a gentleman.
i then told him i'll back to discussion when being gentleman is part of the rules. specifically his non-gentleman rule "our interaction should have only one form: i speak, i do not provide proofs or sources, and your (mine) role, is to prove that i'm *right*".
i wish it was a joke.
but i repeated it yesterday more than dozen of times in order to make sure he's serious on this.

so im not going into any discussions with an explicit declaration of no intention of basic seriousness, or even animal-level respect.
and i didnt even mentoin the lies, frauds, mistakes, trollings, math&cs stupidity and emptiness (it's all a fraudlent buzzword show!!), i can forget them all, given someone wants to behave at least little bit normally. no matter math/art/fun/biz.
Also if HMC and rest did split up, why is it those discussions are brought up here probably the x time?

You asked.

Would it not make more sense to Announce its own project, write the whitepaper and go on with developement?

We have been going on with development for a year.  We decided it did not make sense to make a redundant announcement and white-paper considering we make no change to original plans.

I mean leaving the team means leaving the team. And if AutoNomic is working faster and is good also cool. But why spending hours here to try to explain how wrong Ohad is. Is there still discussion ongoing or is everyone just repeating himself?

Who's explaining how wrong Ohad is?  Are you referring to the quoted posts from Sept/Oct?

Apparently, no-one is still discussing.  Stoop tried just today to get a "math focused" discussion going between the three of us.  I asked Ohad for his belief wrt a particularly relevant logical fact about collapse of orders, a yes/no question.  He gave me both answers, then the silent treatment, more or less.  I'm not sure how we can hope to discuss with someone who can not even consistently tell their position.

Last but not least, just because your old friends say your wrong, does not mean you are.

No, but when the logic does one should at least take pause.
I read now several times about 'Autonomic' and understood this is some sort of other project or fork. But a simple search brings always up Tau. Does this other project exist?
Autonomic is (literally) all of the developers who worked on "original tau" except Ohad.

We started a new project "Autonomous Nomic Overlay Network" which intends to carry out the "original tau" plan.

The project exists primarily in #AutoNomic on freenode.

Wow, that's scary. I didn't know devs left... especially an exceptional dev such as yourself.

Why scary?  HMC et al. leaving is not an issue.  It's best for teams to split than have daily infighting.  It will all come down to the final products anyway.  If AutoNomic ends up being a better implementation, so be it.  But being scared though?!  If it weren't for Ohad,...
I agree.

Also if HMC and rest did split up, why is it those discussions are brought up here probably the x time? Would it not make more sense to Announce its own project, write the whitepaper and go on with developement? I mean leaving the team means leaving the team. And if AutoNomic is working faster and is good also cool. But why spending hours here to try to explain how wrong Ohad is. Is there still discussion ongoing or is everyone just repeating himself?

Last but not least, just because your old friends say your wrong, does not mean you are.
Activity: 527
I read now several times about 'Autonomic' and understood this is some sort of other project or fork. But a simple search brings always up Tau. Does this other project exist?

Autonomic is (literally) all of the developers who worked on "original tau" except Ohad.

We started a new project "Autonomous Nomic Overlay Network" which intends to carry out the "original tau" plan.

Wow, that's scary. I didn't know devs left... especially an exceptional dev such as yourself.
Activity: 268
WOW everything gets a CLASSIC these days...

BTC next?

DO you have a summary or whitepaper?

SO is it correct you are applying something like Stephen Wolfram... New kind of science to find the basic primitives so to then allow self organizing?

The most basic logic functional programming language to evolve through iterations?

Then maybe genisis block should run onto a Fibonacci tree to have multiple blockchains branching from the first so decisions are not restrictive??

Thanks for the reply as i understand it at the basic you are creating a logic non turing complete programming language that is general purpose.

How does it relate in logic to Shen, http://shenlanguage.org/

thanks

indeed a lot of similarities at the language level (as well as differences). however we take another step forward towards a logical discussion platform, and from there a discussion about the platform itself (self-amendment). in quite accurate and broad summary: tau is a large-scale discussion about tau. with all we see as required to make it happen.
SO is it correct you are applying something like Stephen Wolfram... New kind of science to find the basic primitives so to then allow self organizing?

The most basic logic functional programming language to evolve through iterations?

Then maybe genisis block should run onto a Fibonacci tree to have multiple blockchains branching from the first so decisions are not restrictive??

Thanks for the reply as i understand it at the basic you are creating a logic non turing complete programming language that is general purpose.

thanks

indeed a lot of similarities at the language level (as well as differences). however we take another step forward towards a logical discussion platform, and from there a discussion about the platform itself (self-amendment). in quite accurate and broad summary: tau is a large-scale discussion about tau. with all we see as required to make it happen.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hello Ohad, the EOS white paper is out. It will actually start with WREN as a smart contract Scripting langage, but will be able to support others. Would it be appropriate to think that the EOS blockchain would be a better candidate for Tau than creating a specific (agoras) blockchain?
Intersting a whole operating system for that. What i can see right now is they got a github with EOS and a docker folder. So this runs on *nix and says its written in c++. In sense of security, stability etc wouldnt it be a better choice to build it in some functional programming language?
EOS is a generalisation of bitshares / steem and use the same proven methodology (C++, graphene, Delegate POS, ...). It is like a back end blockchain engine (operating system), on top of which you can create apps (smart contracts, currencies, exchanges). Would be nice to have Tau Apps running on it.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Whats better price, market or Ohad ATM?
Hello Ohad, the EOS white paper is out. It will actually start with WREN as a smart contract Scripting langage, but will be able to support others. Would it be appropriate to think that the EOS blockchain would be a better candidate for Tau than creating a specific (agoras) blockchain?
Intersting a whole operating system for that. What i can see right now is they got a github with EOS and a docker folder. So this runs on *nix and says its written in c++. In sense of security, stability etc wouldnt it be a better choice to build it in some functional programming language?

thanks

Shen (Qi II) is CLOS under MLTT and so is much closer to the language of AutoNomic than of newtau, no?
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
hey Ohad, are you still selling? Seems like I can't get a hold of you via PM, so just making sure, though I know you must have full inbox.

thanks

Shen (Qi II) is CLOS under MLTT and so is much closer to the language of AutoNomic than of newtau, no?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: