Pages:
Author

Topic: Technology improves we work more. - page 9. (Read 23959 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 253
October 02, 2018, 04:37:43 PM
Although technology helps us making our life easier,  our working hours are not shorten or wages are not getting better. Because number of educated people increases in population. Thus, supply for workforce causes a drop wages. It is not about improvemet of technology.
Activity: 634
Merit: 10
October 02, 2018, 12:06:05 PM
Technology indeed makes our work and life easier. With the help of technology, we are able to do things even humans can't do. Nowadays that our world becomes modern and modern every time, it seems that it is hard to find a high paid job for someone who do not know or who is not familiar with gadgets, machine and anything related to technology. Some people chooses to invest in machines in order to be more productive than choosing to hire laborers in order to do a job. It seems that in order for someone to have a decent job, he must be as productive as a machine which is not possible. Technology is indeed helpful but it is also becoming a threat for some to find a job that will suit one's skill and capability.
Activity: 574
Merit: 108
October 02, 2018, 11:18:22 AM
Technology unarguably really revolutionized the world towards its greatest glory yet. It seemingly agreeable that it makes our living more easier as it performs many functions that even humans can't do as much as technology can. However, despite this kind of capability that the technology have, people still work longer hours wiyh lower wages. And should capitalism has a relationship with this? I think that it has. Capitalist invest in a good equipment or technology but tends to abuse their workers. Labor force are often underestimated comparing to technology, thus, not paying much attention to the human resource. The company thinks that technology is more important than its people. And as part of proving themselves and is a matter of survival, people really work more.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
October 02, 2018, 11:14:29 AM
Well I think it's not caused by capitalism nor technology, the work harder because many people improve on their lives. Technology makes people's life easier is true, yet competition take its turn. people compete to be the best, so what makes it complicated is people's need, not technology or capitalism, I guess so.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
October 02, 2018, 11:03:59 AM
With the advent of advanced technology comes the higher expectations from the capitalists because they know that technology has eased the hard to be jobs that is why they expect more outputs from the employees because they thought that technology has already made the work easier.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
October 02, 2018, 10:47:04 AM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.  Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?

the reality is, people work the same time, but more people can work but require higher technical skill and knowledge.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
October 02, 2018, 10:12:26 AM
not absolutely I understand what here meant? the fact that at development of technologies, all of us equally work much or even more, but we lack it to provide itself? but it is harsh realities of life... what here you will do. the majority isn't able to afford to get all necessary. what here to say that a fantastic sum is spent for development of these technologies, and what huge number of poor people. and about Third World countries I in general am silent... grief, grief...
This technology is for people who can avail it, but still depends on how we were able to use it. If for crypto, anyone can use it. In fact, not all rich trust cryptos and most of those who cant avail to invest at forex or stocks try in crypto to make the investment.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 02, 2018, 09:45:32 AM
Science and technology are new productivity!
In many countries in the world, as long as you work hard, you can support yourself and buy your own house!
But in some countries in Asia, housing prices are high and their economy is supported by real estate!
Improving science and technology helps people's life become more comfortable when the work is completed very well with a short time. The development of science and technology is a top priority for many countries to develop the country.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
October 02, 2018, 09:32:17 AM
not absolutely I understand what here meant? the fact that at development of technologies, all of us equally work much or even more, but we lack it to provide itself? but it is harsh realities of life... what here you will do. the majority isn't able to afford to get all necessary. what here to say that a fantastic sum is spent for development of these technologies, and what huge number of poor people. and about Third World countries I in general am silent... grief, grief...
October 02, 2018, 09:19:17 AM
Science and technology are new productivity!
In many countries in the world, as long as you work hard, you can support yourself and buy your own house!
But in some countries in Asia, housing prices are high and their economy is supported by real estate!
Activity: 1190
October 02, 2018, 09:18:04 AM
Right, the presence of technology makes it easier for us to work, even the presence of the internet makes us not need to come to the office every day because it can be done at home.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
October 02, 2018, 08:49:32 AM
That is trully very true ,that when there is new technology launched and introduce to the people ,it will really improve to boost the improvement of work and make it very easy to accomplish the said tasks and we are goin to work for this tecnology being introducd .
Technology will make us more passionate in carrying out work, with one goal that is the target is achieved, through efficiency namely time, cost and energy. Without these 3 elements, new technology has no added value.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
October 02, 2018, 08:20:54 AM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.  Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?
Tougher? Lower wages and longer hours? Where's your data to back this up?

I have to disagree about it. Technology makes our life easier and our work more efficient. There are shift of available jobs in the industry as automation and machine take over repetitive, heavy work. But it's great because we human isn't made for repetitive work. There's no self-development from doing repetitive work.

The thing about housing isn't related directly to job wages I think. It's more of an issue from housing price.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
October 02, 2018, 07:59:06 AM
In fact, there are currently many earning opportunities, but not everyone believes in the reality and profitability of such income. I think that this is a relic of the industrial age and most people do not realize that a lot of money in most cases is earned not by physical labor, but by intellectual.
Yes, in general, after the industrial revolution, manpower has been reduced, but I believe that there is still a need for human robots. Good luck. Artificial Intelligence can not do everything on its own.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
October 02, 2018, 05:43:23 AM
As technology improves, we can save a great deal of time and money, in addition to human labor. Improving the technology helps us to be more creative and speed up our work.
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
October 02, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
Yes you are right technoly help for your daily life and giving you and easy day just because of technology just like today bitcoin is a new technology of money or we called digital money and it is improving and updating every single day but we everything have advantages and disadvantages so that always be carefull on what you are entering or joining.

It has a point. Just like the negative effects of using bitcoin t the health. It is not really the bitcoin but how you uses bitcoin , such as using computer or laptop or phone. But then as we look positively it is not only our own selves that was helped at thesame time the economy and such.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
October 02, 2018, 03:26:55 AM
If you're talking about acquisition of wealth. The workforce today has it worse. In between job wars, over population and inflation rates they would have a hardtome amassing wealth for themselves through their day job. I think what they could do is go to their day job to have enough capital to open up a business and focus on that.
Activity: 196
October 01, 2018, 06:50:01 PM
I don't believe technology makes us to work more. It only reduces the number of people that possibly could have been employed since computers are now involved that simplifies the process for one person to handle.
Merit: 10
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
October 01, 2018, 12:45:43 PM

Not really sure where you living at but if work has something to do with technology, then the pay should be commensurate on your tech skills so its not lower wages, in my opinion. So if you work longer hours then obviously bigger pay.

So its possible that they can purchase a house of their own. I guess every generation has this mind set and not applicable for millennials alone, I myself was a IT graduate and find good job and nice pay and was able to purchase a house myself.

well its true but in indonesia there is a job that wont pay you for longer hours of work. I do been in bank as a marketing. The work is really a lot and i could work for 10 hours each day and it would be 50 hours per weeks.
Activity: 1624
October 01, 2018, 11:02:10 AM
You are right,it is the same with the industrialisation in the past, more work for less money and a lot more stressful environment. The truth is that we got far from the purpose of life, meaning that we are not living but just working to get small things...

I don't think so. Capitalism and the developing technology give you every chance to make money. If you have an innovative idea, whether you want or not, the money will come and find you.
Pages:
Jump to: