Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 20. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
JudgeDredd ain't capable of promoting a coin, he can't even save his own..

So what? At least he's trying.

Just because someone has failed previously, doesn't mean that they can't succeed in the future. In fact some of the greatest successes today have been built on a history of past failure. How many coins have you saved?

We are all capable of promoting Tekcoin. We shouldn't leave it just to one man. Let's pull together.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

Hows sprouts going Mr Eggman? Seems you are having trouble saving it too... Maybe you and judgedredd can put your heads together?
Activity: 462
I got problem using tekcoin wallet in wine. Error message is

Expression: pindex->pprev || pindex-
>GetBlockHash() == (testnet)
hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet

here is screenshots

https://i.imgur.com/BwSINbG.png

pls help

in tekcoin.conf add :
testnet=0

I tried to add this but still error, with same error message.

Either your blockchain is corrupted or your wallet.dat is corrupt.

Step 1. Try installing the Snap Shot and see if that fixes it .   (Active Wallet Instructions)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14309285

If you still get the error, rename your wallet.dat to wallet.tek
then restart your tek software , if it opens normally your wallet.dat is corrupt.

If the wallet is corrupt , do you have any old backups of your wallet.dat you can try?
If so try them first,

If not do this,
rename wallet.tek back to wallet.dat (Be sure to have another copy)
copy the tekcoin-qt.exe file into the same directory as your wallet.
Then from the Command Line ,
From the COMMAND LINE in the same directory as the wallet type tekcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet
           this will take some time , if it works then restart the tekcoin-qt.exe -rescan , this will also take some time.

Hopefully that will fix it , if not
If the Above information does not help ,then your wallet.dat is seriously corrupted and salvagewallet was unable to repair it.
Here are your available options:
1. Dump your Private keys and import into another Tek Wallet.
steps: Open the wallet, Click on Help, click Debug Window, click the Console tab,
For unencrypted wallets: beside > type dumpprivkey (Tek Receive Address) , hit Enter key.
For encrypted wallets:  beside > type: walletpassphrase "your walletpassphrase here" 600 , hit enter, then type dumpprivkey (Tek Receive Address) , hit Enter key.
Copy and Paste the private key along with the Tek receive address into a text document.
Repeat those steps for each of your Receive address that had Tek in them, once you have finished.
Go to your new Tek Wallet installation.
steps: Open the text document created above.
Open the wallet, Click on Help, click Debug Window, click the Console tab,
beside > type importprivkey (Paste your Private Key here) , hit Enter key.
Repeat until you have imported all of your private keys into the new wallet. Then Close & Restart your wallet.
You should be good to go.

If all of that fails ,
If all of the above has failed , and you were unable to recover your private keys from any of the backups.
Only 2 options remain:

WalletRecoveryService
http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/
Never used them before so post a review if you have used them.

OR

If you are into python programming:
Then check out on how to extract the keys.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pywallet-help-need-to-recover-private-key-from-walletdat-615391
https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

Having to go to these extremes are very rare, but corruption issues like these can be caused by malfunctioning hardware & power issues.
Backups on external drives are your best friend.

Good Luck.
 Cool

I think my problem is not in wallet.dat. problem is in blkindex.dat . Thanks for your suggestion, i will try it soon
Activity: 307

Let him play. He ain't taking over, but he's got a big mouth and might draw some flies... attention, I meant. Attention. Yeah, that's it. I spoke with Thundertoe, he's not going anywhere.

Ahhh ... the best of both worlds  Smiley

Thundertoe reassuringly fully at the helm; JudgeDredd willing to put his marketing skills to good use ... and with the best yet to come; nod, nod, wink, wink  Wink
Activity: 289
Hi thundertoe!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

Let him play. He ain't taking over, but he's got a big mouth and might draw some flies... attention, I meant. Attention. Yeah, that's it. I spoke with Thundertoe, he's not going anywhere.
As Thundertoe has said many times before, if someone wants
to do something to help, jump in. If the Judge can move the price up
and get us on additional exchanges, I'm all for it. But til' Thundertoe
says different, he is the man.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Activity: 298
Ok! Here comes insight from Gri!bgo. This is just some Ideas that I would like to be discussed
This are about some TEKcoin feature request for our devs
What to do with millions of coins in the future? BURN them  Grin
Yes Can we ask our DEV team to consider burning option in the wallet?
Let this burn option be process that will somehow destroy coins in exchange for the new generated address unique to this wallet i.e. proof-of burn
If coins send to this address they can stake at 41% no matter of the difficulty level
..lets say burn 100000tek = get address staking at 41% per 30 days
perhaps we can make something like if you burn  200000tek then the new address will stake at 42% etc until 50%
So that would solve two issues answer the question WHY BUY TEK? Smiley
And what to do with millions of coins ...and the hard fork is not out just yet
First I was thinking of - How you can improve the virtual miner? - you must make the one that mines Moooore!!! Smiley
That would prove that this wallet had received lots of coins through its life and ready to upgrade  Wink
the numbers and the concept need to be discussed here and ..peace to you!

Very interesting. Have you sent this to Thundertoe?

I'm not actually part of the dev team. I'm friends with both Thundertoe and Noise23, and I assist when I'm asked to. But those two make the changes, along with a revolving cast of characters Cheesy

To be honest, I'm not a great fan of burning coins. But in this context, it does kind of make sense and is worth some thought and discussion. Normally, I would oppose such a thing outright, but here I think it might have some merit. Definitely NOT a stupid idea!

As to the virtual miner (I assume you mean the mining algorithm in the core wallet), that I would leave alone. I dabble in a number of staking coins, and TEK is by far the fastest and most efficient. It generally stakes within an hour of becoming mature, and the worst I've seen (other than a really small block) has been two days. I did once have a block take two months to stake, but it was less than one TEK, and it was an experiment.

This will work as if users do good for the community by buying tekcoins at the market and destroing them in exchange for the future rewards!!
peace
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Once this one was a great Coin, now i don't even know where to trade it...
Once this one was a great Coin, now i DO even know where to trade it ...unfortunatly at this point, that doesnt really help Grin

The good part is that blockchains dont ever actually die.. if there is atleast one wallet running Smiley

two. there has to be two Cheesy

Hi! Man! You and me will run it then Smiley
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Once this one was a great Coin, now i DO even know where to trade it ...unfortunatly at this point, that doesnt really help Grin

The good part is that blockchains dont ever actually die.. if there is atleast one wallet running Smiley

two. there has to be two Cheesy

Activity: 392
my magic is growing strong[er]
@kiklo, one minor quibble with your last post. If you don't specify an address for dumpprivkey, it will dump ALL keys into a text file with one go. Almost always works.

The rest is right on point, but that adds some extra steps. Sometimes you have to do it one by one if the .dat file is too messed up, but most often it's not necessary to do it one by one.

With that out of the way, you've been one of the best members of this community! Keep up the fantastic work, eh?

For sure kiklo, your post is logically structured and straight forward. I also learned something actually. Thx.

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
Activity: 486
Technician
Exchanges listed on first post.
Activity: 433
Activity: 486
Technician
I think it is not wallet.dat issue.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
@kiklo, one minor quibble with your last post. If you don't specify an address for dumpprivkey, it will dump ALL keys into a text file with one go. Almost always works.

The rest is right on point, but that adds some extra steps. Sometimes you have to do it one by one if the .dat file is too messed up, but most often it's not necessary to do it one by one.

With that out of the way, you've been one of the best members of this community! Keep up the fantastic work, eh?
Pages:
Jump to: