Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 23. (Read 446058 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

wallet looks great added it to the op and gave it a tweet, thanks Osmiumcoin!
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
"Buy/Sell/Trade TEKcoin" - Is that button leading to an active exchange capability in the wallet, or is it simply a link to external exchanges? If it is an exchange within the wallet, ... now THAT's interesting!

I'm still wary of the Yobit fork even though Yobit is reported to be on the right fork. That needs double/triple checking.
Activity: 980
Today night upload for free new wallet gui TEK + new graphic for TEK for ANN watch Thread  Cool

Now go to trade 40 sats now !

https://yobit.net/en/trade/TEK/BTC
Activity: 980
All TEK buy GREEN  Grin  Good  Good Good Good Good

https://yobit.net/en/trade/TEK/BTC
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Looks like Yobit is back on the right chain and allowing deposits and withdraws https://yobit.net/en/trade/TEK/BTC
It's great news for us. But for me i still choose cryptopia
I liked Cryptopia and pushed on several threads for people to use it. But, they became upset with
FlyCoin and kicked me off because I am associated with the coin. So, I am glad Yobit is back on track
so I can do a little buying at these prices.
Activity: 462
Looks like Yobit is back on the right chain and allowing deposits and withdraws https://yobit.net/en/trade/TEK/BTC

It's great news for us. But for me i still choose cryptopia
Activity: 486
Technician
I fixed issue with mining. I invite to mine on my mining pool.
By the way, I recommend to update codebase to newer versions of Bitcoin, because it has some improvements on syncing.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Amazing how long a ten minute job takes when you put it off, ain't it?
legendary
Activity: 938
Activity: 486
Technician
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Hi all looking to add this to our pool after spending days of block syncing it's no good. What is the proper wallet, source anything that the world is using or is this a dead project?

Haven't had a problem with syncing... although there was a spot way back when where the blocks wouldn't sync correctly... guess it wasn't corrected with the new wallet.  I would suggest getting a bootstrap to get past that spot.
Activity: 659
Merit: 501
Hi all looking to add this to our pool after spending days of block syncing it's no good. What is the proper wallet, source anything that the world is using or is this a dead project?
Exchange-in-a-wallet: for a long time I've been aware of a chat capability in altcoin wallets. From this it occured to me that a simple exchange notice board could be possible offering coins for fiat and vice versa, which could then be developed into a simple exchange. This was all a pipe dream until I saw a recent Ethereum app which proclaims to do exactly that. Here's the link:
You mean in-wallet trading ?
If so that's not new and not so popular, too many security risks.

Incidentally, I believe that Tranz of HoboNickels holds a part key to solving the general blockchain bloat problem  with an innovation of his, but I don't want to say too much about this at the moment - I'm sure he could be of great help with the exchange-in-a-wallet idea if he wanted to put his mind to it. Shhhh! Keep it to yourselves. I have an investment strategy to consider.  Wink

VPNCoin has a real light wallet, it seems to operate like electrum/multibit.
Enough nodes that have a full chain and the Lite wallets only need to download a small piece of the chain.
Then I forget pruning.

• The exchange wallet could be kept separate from the main stash wallet and therefore less of a security risk.

• Lite mobile wallets - Osmiumcoin and all you Devs: Are you listening? Your coin needs you!

Activity: 445
Exchange-in-a-wallet: for a long time I've been aware of a chat capability in altcoin wallets. From this it occured to me that a simple exchange notice board could be possible offering coins for fiat and vice versa, which could then be developed into a simple exchange. This was all a pipe dream until I saw a recent Ethereum app which proclaims to do exactly that. Here's the link:
You mean in-wallet trading ?
If so that's not new and not so popular, too many security risks.

Incidentally, I believe that Tranz of HoboNickels holds a part key to solving the general blockchain bloat problem  with an innovation of his, but I don't want to say too much about this at the moment - I'm sure he could be of great help with the exchange-in-a-wallet idea if he wanted to put his mind to it. Shhhh! Keep it to yourselves. I have an investment strategy to consider.  Wink

VPNCoin has a real light wallet, it seems to operate like electrum/multibit.
Enough nodes that have a full chain and the Lite wallets only need to download a small piece of the chain.
Then I forget pruning.
Let's not spread the focus of previous comments too wide. Osmiumcoin offered a new wallet design which some of us didn't take to. There's no need to reprimand people for simply offering a valid opinion. I, personally think Osmiumcoin's efforts on wallet design are wasted on TEKcoin - our current design is very pleasing to the eye.

Much better, in my opinion, would be wallet functionality for specific purposes e.g. the offer of a non-staking, lite, mobile wallet. Non-staking because it wouldn't sap mobile resources too much. Staking could be done on our main computers and amounts of TEK could be transferred to the mobile wallet simply for spending.

So, Osmiumcoin, how about it?

Mainframe wallet ... an exchange within a wallet.
Mobile wallet ... non-staking, lite ...

What are the possibilities?
What do the rest of you think?

A mobile wallet would definitely encourage commerce. I can't recall where I read this, but some focus group predicted that there would be more mobile devices than home comuters by this year. I don't know if this came to pass, but I don't doubt it. EVERYBODY has a smartphone these days.

As for a mainframe wallet/exchange combo, can you elucidate on details? The idea intrigues me.

and yes, your comment was more constructive than mine. It wasn't meant as a reprimand, just that somebody besides the devs focusing on the coin makes for wider exposure, and shows that there is interest beyond just tekheads.

In private messages, Biomech knows of the high regard I have for him. Let it be known to all others that I regard him as a star contributor to this thread and to those of other coins that I invest in (understatement). My observations were meant as a comment on the general drift of the posts rather than his in particular. Now for the meat!

Exchange-in-a-wallet: for a long time I've been aware of a chat capability with altcoin wallets. From this it occured to me that a simple exchange notice board could be possible offering coins for fiat and vice versa, which could then be developed into a simple exchange. This was all a pipe dream until I saw a recent Ethereum app which proclaims to do exactly that. Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6323083665621589806

Incidentally, I believe that Tranz of HoboNickels holds a part key to solving the general blockchain bloat problem with an innovation of his, but I don't want to say too much about that at the moment - I'm sure he could be of great help with the exchange-in-a-wallet idea if he wanted to put his mind to it. Shhhh! Keep it to yourselves. I have an investment strategy to consider.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Let's not spread the focus of previous comments too wide. Osmiumcoin offered a new wallet design which some of us didn't take to. There's no need to reprimand people for simply offering a valid opinion. I, personally think Osmiumcoin's efforts on wallet design are wasted on TEKcoin - our current design is very pleasing to the eye.

Much better, in my opinion, would be wallet functionality for specific purposes e.g. the offer of a non-staking, lite, mobile wallet. Non-staking because it wouldn't sap mobile resources too much. Staking could be done on our main computers and amounts of TEK could be transferred to the mobile wallet simply for spending.

A mobile wallet would definitely encourage commerce. I can't recall where I read this, but some focus group predicted that there would be more mobile devices than home comuters by this year. I don't know if this came to pass, but I don't doubt it. EVERYBODY has a smartphone these days.

As for a mainframe wallet/exchange combo, can you elucidate on details? The idea intrigues me.

and yes, your comment was more constructive than mine. It wasn't meant as a reprimand, just that somebody besides the devs focusing on the coin makes for wider exposure, and shows that there is interest beyond just tekheads.
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
Do it right or don't do it at all.

I couldn't have stated it better..
I appreciate the community involvement , Tek stability and ongoing activity like everyone else and i wouldn't ever ridicule any contribution of anyone that would help the community as i see my self part of it. I just think as ACNJ stated, let's direct it at something that drives the community forward Tek-powered.

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
Yup simple is good . Looking good we are moving forward now ,

maybe Now

I do not mean to be rude... But.... does TEK need the face-lift? 

Hey, don't knock it. Third party developer doing things for the coin Cheesy Some will want it, some won't.

I agree with this, any updates, improvements or additional options made for the community is a good thing.

The more interest and community involvement a coin has the better it is for everyone!
Pages:
Jump to: