Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 57. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Let's all agree to that. Biomech your post came in just as I was writing this ...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Let's press for a consensus and then put it to Thundertoe. After all Tek isn't a democracy. He decides what he thinks is the best way forward.

So who doesn't agree with a fix that includes decoupling the link between the percentage payout and the difficulty, and links the percentage payout to the coin supply?
This solution was already posted last October, but as usual nobody of the TEK team or any dev cared to reply....
I guess they have a reason to keep this retarded POS scheme.
Just as BigToe had a reason to keep all TEK on the exchange rather then staking in his wallet.

wrong i lost no TEKcoin, just everything else but thanks. i actually have still been buying lately and have the most TEKcoin i ever have had right now... almost no btc or usd though so yay.
Well that wasn't clear in your postings, thanks for the correction.
Still leaves one question :
Why not changing interest rate with coin supply instead of diff ?

EDIT :
Dev have some bounty for my image ? send some Tek thanks my TEK BjwXR2Bfv7MrpEomj8vyYUrEZ996DRJD3r

Sorry I have nothing i lost everything at crapsy.
Here you clearly wrote you lost everything...
OSMIUM will be glad with your bonus for his nice work, in case you have not sent him any.  Grin

I'm somewhat familiar with Thundertoe's problems. It's personal and I'll not go into it without his permission. Let's just say he has been having a rough time with finances. Cut the guy some slack.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!
Let's press for a consensus and then put it to Thundertoe. After all Tek isn't a democracy. He decides what he thinks is the best way forward.

So who doesn't agree with a fix that includes decoupling the link between the percentage payout and the difficulty, and links the percentage payout to the coin supply?

I actually prefer the schema that Thundertoe had proposed, where anything <1K is not eligible for stake. Doesn't completely stop microstaking, but it certainly changes the game.

Since difficulty is a function of coin supply indirectly already, I am more in favor of the <1K thing. Maybe a flat rate of 5% up to 1K TEK, this way folks with small holding still have incentive, but anyone with quantity has motivation to coin control.
Activity: 445

This solution was already posted last October, but as usual nobody of the TEK team or any dev cared to reply....
Just as BigToe had a reason to keep all TEK on the exchange rather then staking in his wallet.

wrong i lost no TEKcoin, just everything else but thanks. i actually have still been buying lately and have the most TEKcoin i ever have had right now... almost no btc or usd though so yay.
Well that wasn't clear in your postings, thanks for the correction.
Still leaves one question :
Why not changing interest rate with coin supply instead of diff ?

EDIT :
Dev have some bounty for my image ? send some Tek thanks my TEK BjwXR2Bfv7MrpEomj8vyYUrEZ996DRJD3r

Sorry I have nothing i lost everything at crapsy.
Here you clearly wrote you lost everything...
OSMIUM will be glad with your bonus for his nice work, in case you have not sent him any.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

I actually prefer the schema that Thundertoe had proposed, where anything <1K is not eligible for stake. Doesn't completely stop microstaking, but it certainly changes the game.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Activity: 445

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
@ Trimegistus

Micro-staking strategy was a game-changer. Are you saying that you are quite happy with that?

To all investors:

Another game-changer could be decoupling the link between the percentage payout and the difficulty - and coding in a framework, which includes the linking of the percentage payout to the coin supply. How do you all feel about bringing in this much needed Spring clean?

Absolutely not! I'm not happy at all! But, taking into account that the solution is still far from being consensual (with or without hardfork) and apparently is not going to happen anytime soon, I prefer to ignore them!

Get it? I do not approve those tactics, but I try to ignore them! I cannot fight them, therefore I pretend they don't even exist!

I know they are real, but I don't let them rule my staking rhythm. That's all my saying...  Grin

@ Trimegistus

Micro-staking strategy was a game-changer. Are you saying that you are quite happy with that?

To all investors:

Another game-changer could be decoupling the link between the percentage payout and the difficulty - and coding in a framework that includes the linking of the percentage payout to the coin supply. How do you all feel about bringing in this much needed Spring clean?
legendary

In my humble opinion (no laughs please, I can be humble on occasion ...  Wink), you acknowledge a main flaw in your calculation.

The micro-stakers do exist. They have defended their strategy in this and other threads. Their work can be seen by using PressTab's block explorer - the amount they stake, the difficulty they inflict on the rest of us, and the carpet of low percentages ... that is until they stake at the most opportune time with their big hitters.

The odds are in the favour of the micro-staking House. Over time, that will tend to make ordinary investors increasingly irrelevant with regards to staking.

There is another aspect to large scale micro-staking that should be considered i.e. in the wrong hands, it is a massive security threat.

Indeed, that's a fact.

What I meant was that my calculations were disregarding the existence of those micro-stakers. Why? Because we never know exactly when they are going to hit!

Therefore, I keep staking at 30 days interval. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. That's the nature of the game!

... I know, this has nothing to do with the micro stakers conspiracy ...

In my humble opinion (no laughs please, I can be humble on occasion ...  Wink), you acknowledge a main flaw in your calculation.

The micro-stakers do exist. They have defended their strategy in this and other threads. Their work can be seen by using PressTab's block explorer - the amount they stake, the difficulty they inflict upon the rest of us, and the carpeting of low percentages ... that is until they stake at the most opportune time with their big hitters.

The odds are in the favour of the micro-staking House. Over time, that will tend to make ordinary investors increasingly irrelevant with regards to staking.

There is another aspect to large scale micro-staking that should be considered i.e. in the wrong hands, it is a massive security threat.
legendary

I don't believe that is quite how it works.  The 90 days would be prorated at whatever the current stake rate is for the extra days beyond 30, so the yield would be much higher.

That might be true. But still, in the present conditions you'll be lucky to get 40% after 90 days. That's my point...  Tongue
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!
Guys,

I've been reading all your posts concerning the wait for the difficulty to be at the right level to stake and I've decided to invite all of you to join me in a very easy math exercise.

Let's assume someone has a 100k block, shall we?

1st scenario - high difficulty (stake rate 10%)

30 days - 100,000+10% = 110,000
60 days - 110,000+10% = 121,000
90 days - 121,000+10% = 133,100

2nd scenario - wait 90 days for low difficulty (stake rate 40%)

90 days - 100,000+40% = 140,000

Now, these are extreme conditions and in reality one has to very unlucky to stake at 10% three months in a row, or to be very lucky to stake at exactly 40% after three months.

real life scenario 1 - high difficulty (stake rate 12%-15%)

30 days - 100,000+12% = 112,000
60 days - 112,000+15% = 128,800
90 days - 128,800+12% = 144,256

real life scenario 2 - wait 90 days for low difficulty (stake rate 35%)

90 days - 100,000+35% = 135,000

I know, this has nothing to do with the micro stakers conspiracy. What I'm trying to show is that IMHO if we want to gamble on luck we might as well stake every 30 days because there are good odds at getting a better income.

In reality, with a bit of luck one can stake at 25% or maybe even at 35% only after 30 days! So why the wait?

Not for me... I stake every month, consolidate my blocks, and hope for the best.

Cheers!  Grin

That's what I have been doing , but last stake yield was only 6.5-8.5% , 140k staked 9700++. So it would seem if yield is below 10% , than the next thing would be to wait the 90 days

I don't believe that is quite how it works.  The 90 days would be prorated at whatever the current stake rate is for the extra days beyond 30, so the yield would be much higher.
legendary

That's what I have been doing , but last stake yield was only 6.5-8.5% , 140k staked 9700++. So it would seem if yield is below 10% , than the next thing would be to wait the 90 days

I'll never wait for more than 30 days. That's my bet and I understand the risks.

But there are absolutely no guarantees to get a better return after 60 or 90 days.
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
Guys,

I've been reading all your posts concerning the wait for the difficulty to be at the right level to stake and I've decided to invite all of you to join me in a very easy math exercise.

Now, these are extreme conditions and in reality one has to very unlucky to stake at 10% three months in a row, or to be very lucky to stake at exactly 40% after three months.

I know, this has nothing to do with the micro stakers conspiracy. What I'm trying to show is that IMHO if we want to gamble on luck we might as well stake every 30 days because there are good odds at getting a better income.

In reality, with a bit of luck one can stake at 25% or maybe even at 35% only after 30 days! So why the wait?

Not for me... I stake every month, consolidate my blocks, and hope for the best.

Cheers!  Grin

legendary
Guys,

Cheers!  Grin
Diff is .00895 stay alert!

why does it have to drop just after I stake and waited 80days -.-

What were the actual sizes of your coin blocks before you staked?
How many blocks were they?

Maybe someone out there (no names, no pack drill) has a script in one of his wallets that kicks in if a cluster of large blocks begin to stake outside of one of the pre-ordained magical stake zone periods. Maybe the intention is to keep the staking at a certain percentage level, switching on and off banks of micro-stakes, in such a way so as not to discourage the punters too much ... throwing us a few scraps off the table. If that is the case, then we have got to ask ourselves 'what is he up to?'

Is it a case of greed, keeping all the high percentage payoffs for himself, while putting a break on the market cap, keeping his hoard as economically viable as possible? Maybe there are several people doing this as a staking consortium?

There might be more to this than meets the eye.

lmao what a very creative conspiracy theory you got there.  A lot of what ifs and no clearly defined motive really no point to do that.

Thank you for your considered response.

I would put it to you that Greed is a pretty powerful motive. I don't want the price of this coin to plummet, but ask yourself what could happen if a single person, or a consortium were to gain full control of Tek and sqeezed out all the other investors? They would have a saleable commodity, right? ... that's one scenario that I won't go too far into, but I think some will get the picture.

I'm not saying that is going to happen. What I'm trying to do to help like-minded investors make staking fair for all. At the moment, effective staking is becoming centralised around a few. Their coffers are becoming disproportionately larger than the rest of the investors. The longer this goes on, the staking power of the few becomes larger and more disproportionate.

Of course there are those who would say that micro-staking is merely good strategy and that others shouldn't carp about being not so tactically 'gifted'. Well, sometimes tactics can lead to an overwhelming consensus on the way forward. I'd like to put that notion out to Tek investors for discussion.

I'm of the opinion that setting a staking threshold is a difficult solution to apply. That could be why Thundertoe is not rushing into a quick-fix. At what level do you set the threshold? Will that level become the new micro-staking zone?

I believe that we might have to consider some formula that includes decoupling the percentage payout from the difficulty, if fair staking is to be achieved. Linking the percentage payout simply to the coin supply, as has been suggested before, could be one such way; perhaps the only way to ensure fair staking and long-term viability. Is that what Tek investors want?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Diff is .00895 stay alert!

why does it have to drop just after I stake and waited 80days -.-

What were the actual sizes of your coin blocks before you staked?
How many blocks were they?

Maybe someone out there (no names, no pack drill) has a script in one of his wallets that kicks in if a cluster of large blocks begin to stake outside of one of the pre-ordained magical stake zone periods. Maybe the intention is to keep the staking at a certain percentage level, switching on and off banks of micro-stakes, in such a way so as not to discourage the punters too much ... throwing us a few scraps off the table. If that is the case, then we have got to ask ourselves 'what is he up to?'

Is it a case of greed, keeping all the high percentage payoffs for himself, while putting a break on the market cap, keeping his hoard as economically viable as possible? Maybe there are several people doing this as a staking consortium?

There might be more to this than meets the eye.

lmao what a very creative conspiracy theory you got there.  A lot of what ifs and no clearly defined motive really no point to do that.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
this coin is coming back again?

Some say TEK is back. I say it never left!

It is one of the classics now. Inspiration to hyperstake.
Pages:
Jump to: