Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 653. (Read 198032 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
September 01, 2017, 04:35:31 AM
Federer has won another hard game in the fifth set!
he is not at the top of the shape but is positive he is struggling with all his energies in each game.
He is a shark and every game he wins is getting closer to his prey (1st in the ranking atp).
So, if he comes to the second week of the tournament he can return first in the ranking Atp.

Looking at the draw, Cilic seems to have a very easy path to the final.
Activity: 490
Merit: 111
August 31, 2017, 09:08:02 PM
Shapovalov played five matches so far( three in qualifications). I can't wait to see him in main schedule in the future.
Borna is big potential and played his best tennis against Zverev Sasa. It is 2-0 for him now in head to head matches against Zverev. Seems like Borna has special inspiration when playing against Sasa.
Federer is preparing a surprise for us. He is really struggling in his match. Just lost a break advantage in fourth set and it is 2-1 for Youznhy. Looks like Roger is not ready to go all the way to the end of this Slam.

Shapovalov is a big talent. Tomorrow he play against Edmund who is a good tennis player and play a very good tennis this year at US Open and expecting us a very interesting match.
Borna is also a very talented tennis player and I think he lacks calmness and balance in the game. Coric vs Anderson is also a very interesting match.
For Federer it does not have do mean, he is a great legend of tennis and he knows how to play in some games. Maybe this is his tactic because he does not many mathes lately.

Activity: 750
Merit: 252
August 31, 2017, 05:53:44 PM
Shapovalov played five matches so far( three in qualifications). I can't wait to see him in main schedule in the future.
Borna is big potential and played his best tennis against Zverev Sasa. It is 2-0 for him now in head to head matches against Zverev. Seems like Borna has special inspiration when playing against Sasa.
Federer is preparing a surprise for us. He is really struggling in his match. Just lost a break advantage in fourth set and it is 2-1 for Youznhy. Looks like Roger is not ready to go all the way to the end of this Slam.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
August 31, 2017, 05:38:43 PM
Zverev and Kyrgios out . Kyrgios suffered from an injury but Zverev was beaten fair and square , Coric played some brilliant tennis to be fair . Easy for Federer ? No . Easy for Nadal? Yes .

I think its not only talent that you have to excel in tennis or any other sports. You need commitment and dedication as well. After the match, Kyrgios said he wasn't dedicated enough to the sport.

I don't know, Zverev looks pretty fit to me. I think it was more of a mental issue. He has never beaten Coric, and Coric was playing very good tennis. i think Zverev's mental side let him down yesterday.

In restrospect, not just talent but dedication and mental toughness is needed to that the total packages in which Nadal or Federer clearly shows.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 31, 2017, 02:00:55 PM
Zverev and Kyrgios out . Kyrgios suffered from an injury but Zverev was beaten fair and square , Coric played some brilliant tennis to be fair . Easy for Federer ? No . Easy for Nadal? Yes .

Seems like he was thinking too much ahead, instead of just focusing on the very next game and the very next point. Zverev might have won two Masters this year, but I am never overly impressed with his overall game, and I see a much bigger potential in Denis Shapovalov and Felix Auger-Aliassime.

Agreed , Shapovalov is a great talent .

No.1 seed pliskova struggling right now . I believe Gibbs can pull off an upset here , so went for her to win the match @ 3.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
August 31, 2017, 01:49:27 PM
Dolgopolov A.  vs   Berdych T.   => over 3.5 sets @1.83

Jaziri    vs    Millman J. => Jaziri  wins @3.1

Dzumhur D.   vs     Stebe C. => Dzumhur @1.7
Your first bet is going to win with over 3.5 sets. But the second bet is 1st set Millman won by 6-1 and in 2nd set both playing with 3-3 each let's see you will win or not. 3rd bet Stebe won 1st set I think in this match Dzumhur will win he is playing well in the 2nd set.

bad news today Zverev and Kyrgios out from this tournament.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
August 31, 2017, 11:38:29 AM

Seems like he was thinking too much ahead, instead of just focusing on the very next game and the very next point. Zverev might have won two Masters this year, but I am never overly impressed with his overall game, and I see a much bigger potential in Denis Shapovalov and Felix Auger-Aliassime.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 31, 2017, 10:36:35 AM
Dolgopolov A.  vs   Berdych T.   => over 3.5 sets @1.83

Jaziri    vs    Millman J. => Jaziri  wins @3.1

Dzumhur D.   vs     Stebe C. => Dzumhur @1.7
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
August 31, 2017, 10:29:11 AM
And the upsets keep coming this US Open with Nick Kyrgios going down in 4 sets to fellow Australian John Millman. I had high hopes for Kyrgios in this years US Open as he had great form leading up to the tournament. Again a lack of dedication from Kyrgios lets him down and if his ever going to win a Grand Slam he needs to change in a big way. What an epic match that was with Federer, great to see young talent pushing the older veterans to the best of their ability. Tiafoe is someone to watch for the future Grand Slams.

I agree, inglorious game. This instability yet will be what is that time with him. I am the admirer of his talent, but he looks yet very rawly.
He stated this in post-match interview - " I am not fully dedicated to the game and the coach deserves a better player than me" . He is arrogant and not utilizing his full potential but I feel bad for him after this loss. In addition to all these , he is suffering a lot from various injuries ( hip, shoulder ) .
Yeah kyrgious attitude toward the game made him kicked out earlier in the US open in the game of tennis attitude matters lack of dedication of the game being arrogant are some of his bad attributes that need to be changed in him, but I’m not loosing hope on him because his skill is still superb I think he need a coach to curve his attitude for the betterment of his game. Im looking forward to see him in the podium or maybe he is the next to lleyton Hewitt to give glory to his country.
legendary
August 31, 2017, 09:32:16 AM
And the upsets keep coming this US Open with Nick Kyrgios going down in 4 sets to fellow Australian John Millman. I had high hopes for Kyrgios in this years US Open as he had great form leading up to the tournament. Again a lack of dedication from Kyrgios lets him down and if his ever going to win a Grand Slam he needs to change in a big way. What an epic match that was with Federer, great to see young talent pushing the older veterans to the best of their ability. Tiafoe is someone to watch for the future Grand Slams.

I agree, inglorious game. This instability yet will be what is that time with him. I am the admirer of his talent, but he looks yet very rawly.
He stated this in post-match interview - " I am not fully dedicated to the game and the coach deserves a better player than me" . He is arrogant and not utilizing his full potential but I feel bad for him after this loss. In addition to all these , he is suffering a lot from various injuries ( hip, shoulder ) .
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
https://saturn.black
August 31, 2017, 07:28:58 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
August 31, 2017, 05:41:28 AM

Clamorous both eliminations! A.Zverev is not yet ready to play a slam tournament on the 5th set, he needs to improve in optimizing physical and mental energies on long matches
legendary
August 31, 2017, 01:51:42 AM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 30, 2017, 10:07:27 PM

Yes, this was huge dissapointment for me as well. I saw him coming to the quarter finals, at least...
He showed us one more time why he will never win any bigger tournament...
We can't never know what to expect from Kyrgios in any next match. He is so talented and so good player but I think that is not fully dedicated to life style of great champion. He looks to me like someone who loves to live life, to enjoy in a moment. He is not like Nadal or Djokovic, for example. Those guys live tennis. And Nick is playing hot-dog on break ball for Millman... But it doesn't bother me, I love to watch his matches and probably would be just like him if I was a tennis player  Grin
Yeah, he is fully in "Live fast, die young" mood  Grin

By the way, another big favorite has ended his this season Us open trip. I am talking about Zverev. He lost due to Ćorić in very tied and unpredictable match. Ćorić was simply outstanding this night...
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
August 30, 2017, 08:21:54 PM

Yes, this was huge dissapointment for me as well. I saw him coming to the quarter finals, at least...
We can't never know what to expect from Kyrgios in any next match. He is so talented and so good player but I think that is not fully dedicated to life style of great champion. He looks to me like someone who loves to live life, to enjoy in a moment. He is not like Nadal or Djokovic, for example. Those guys live tennis. And Nick is playing hot-dog on break ball for Millman... But it doesn't bother me, I love to watch his matches and probably would be just like him if I was a tennis player  Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 30, 2017, 07:26:23 PM

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
August 30, 2017, 07:10:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 30, 2017, 04:04:14 PM
All the matches today we're suspended due to the torrential rain earlier I am sure that it's going to affect the other matches slated for today if the rains doesn't stop.they will all need to be rescheduled on a later date.

Yeah its a shame that rain has stopped almost all the matches for the day, being the US Open they should make more indoor stadiums like Australia has done for their Australian Open.

What a shock loss to the defending Women's Us Open champion Angelique Kerber losing to Osaka in straight sets, I believe its been 12 years that a defending champion has lost in the 1st round of the Women's Us Open.

Kerber is the first defending U.S. Open champion to lose in the first round since Kuznetsova in 2005.

Its no shocker at all, after winning the US winning the U.S. Open champion last year, She had then the worst season ever. She didn't advance past the fourth round in any of the four grand slam tournaments, including first-round exits at the French Open and now the U.S. Open. While Osaka has shown promise this season with victories over ranked opponents including the former no. 1 Kerber, as she continues to climb up the world rankings.
Merit: 500
August 30, 2017, 12:48:55 PM
Baghdatis M. vs Fritz T. => over 37.5 @1.9
Jaziri M. vs Monteiro T.=> Jaziri -3.5 @1.9
Goffin D. vs Benneteau J.=> over 3.5 sets @1.83
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 30, 2017, 11:56:42 AM
All the matches today we're suspended due to the torrential rain earlier I am sure that it's going to affect the other matches slated for today if the rains doesn't stop.they will all need to be rescheduled on a later date.

Yeah its a shame that rain has stopped almost all the matches for the day, being the US Open they should make more indoor stadiums like Australia has done for their Australian Open.

What a shock loss to the defending Women's Us Open champion Angelique Kerber losing to Osaka in straight sets, I believe its been 12 years that a defending champion has lost in the 1st round of the Women's Us Open.

The victory against the Kerber is not a surprise. Osaka is a supertalent tennis player and the future is ahead of her. Kerber plays very bad this season.
With Angelique Kerber out of the picture, i think the only person i believe will be able to win the title in the women category is going to Maria Sharapova, even though she is not currently at her best i strongly believe she has a great unless Osaka gets to her as well.
Jump to: